The Student Room Group

My results

Hey people, I had started revising since October and I was seriously on it non stop. I revised so much. I do maths, geography and ict. Ict was fine, I got an A. However for maths and geography I got a D for each one. I made flash cards for both. I completed every past paper for both. I understood everything to do with the subjects. I completed every question by topic for maths and I did the exams and got 2 D's. I'm going onto do a2 but I'm worried about my revision. I honestly don't know what went wrong and I don't want to make another mistake for my final and most important year. Any suggestions and advice would really help. Thanks
Reply 1
When you were doing past papers did you mark them? Also could you answer every question? Did you tick off the specification? Wider reading?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Yeah I marked them but I didn't tick off the specification. I couldn't answer a few from each paper
Original post by AdeptDz
When you were doing past papers did you mark them? Also could you answer every question? Did you tick off the specification? Wider reading?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
How did you feel during the exam? Try to think of what went wrong in the actual exam? Try to understand the content rather than remember it.
Reply 4
I felt okay in the exam and I knew I got a few questions wrong but I thought my method would gain me some marks
Original post by umz_rana
How did you feel during the exam? Try to think of what went wrong in the actual exam? Try to understand the content rather than remember it.
Reply 5
Original post by Brown98
Yeah I marked them but I didn't tick off the specification. I couldn't answer a few from each paper

When you marked them were you happy with what you were getting and did you improve? Also did you fix your mistakes?
Next time tick it off to make sure you've learnt everything and nothing should shock you.
And next time try and be able to answer every question on all the past papers.. Aim for 100 so you get higher than if you aimed for like 80 or 90.
Also once you went through past papers do questions on every topic you learnt for a bit then go back to past papers when you've forgot them
Try and do all past papers at least twice
Start revising from the beginning and op over what you learn in every lesson
Go over every topic atleast 3 times
Focus on your weaker subjects

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest