The Student Room Group

Predicted Grades&University

I got my As results back - ABB, an A in Literature and Bs in sociology&film studies both two marks off As. Due to various reasons my attendance to college was very low as I've had a difficult year and I think if it wasn't for that'd I'd of got AAA, I've spoken to my teachers this year and they've all told me that my predicted grades for this year are A*s. When applying to unis, do i apply for uni's with the entry requirements as my AS grades or my predicted A2 grades?
Reply 1
They'll primarily look at predicted grades for their entry requirements though AS results play a factor especially if there is a large disparity between them.
Reply 2
Original post by akharland
I got my As results back - ABB, an A in Literature and Bs in sociology&film studies both two marks off As. Due to various reasons my attendance to college was very low as I've had a difficult year and I think if it wasn't for that'd I'd of got AAA, I've spoken to my teachers this year and they've all told me that my predicted grades for this year are A*s. When applying to unis, do i apply for uni's with the entry requirements as my AS grades or my predicted A2 grades?

Wow, well done on both your predicted grades and your AS grades. I don't know any university that has A*A*A* entry requirements, but usually most people go for both a mixture of their AS results and A level predictions, well that's what I've heard. Definetely go for some high risk choices involving some A* grades but do some low risk ones too, because high predicted grades don't guarantee a place, some want high UMS from AS.
Reply 3
Original post by BR1999
Wow, well done on both your predicted grades and your AS grades. I don't know any university that has A*A*A* entry requirements, but usually most people go for both a mixture of their AS results and A level predictions, well that's what I've heard. Definetely go for some high risk choices involving some A* grades but do some low risk ones too, because high predicted grades don't guarantee a place, some want high UMS from AS.

Do you think it would be worth applying to Durham with A*AA entry requirements? If not I'm going to take a gap year after I finish college and apply with my second year grades
Reply 4
Original post by Marc9726
They'll primarily look at predicted grades for their entry requirements though AS results play a factor especially if there is a large disparity between them.

I think I'm going to get my film remarked which may get me an A, with good references from tutors and an explanation as to why my results weren't as good as I hoped do you think it'd be worth applying to a A*AA uni?
They go for your predicted grades. They look at your as grades aswell but mainly what you are predicted.
Reply 6
Original post by Kalikuku
They go for your predicted grades. They look at your as grades aswell but mainly what you are predicted.

Thank you :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by akharland
Do you think it would be worth applying to Durham with A*AA entry requirements? If not I'm going to take a gap year after I finish college and apply with my second year grades

You should definetely apply with those grades, your in a better position than most prospective undergraduates and to be quite honest with your as grades those predictions and a strong personal statement you'll probably get an offer :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by BR1999
You should definetely apply with those grades, your in a better position than most prospective undergraduates and to be quite honest with your as grades those predictions and a strong personal statement you'll probably get an offer :biggrin:

Thank you for the advice! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest