The Student Room Group

Do I have to write GCSE Further Maths on Ucas?

Last year i got a C in further maths as the school talked me into doing it with only 2 months of lessons. I now would like to apply to Cambridge and I think this would definitely pull me down. Do I have to write this down as it was only optional.
(edited 7 years ago)
You don't have to, but they'll find out anyway if you don't. I'd advise doing it.
Original post by ValerieKR
You don't have to, but they'll find out anyway if you don't. I'd advise doing it.

So you're not obliged to?
Original post by Mackiemcmasher

I don't think so :s
You'd need to check UCAS or find somebody who knows it inside out.
Original post by ValerieKR
I don't think so :s
You'd need to check UCAS or find somebody who knows it inside out.

Ah ok I'll ask a teacher then, thanks for the help!
I'm pretty sure you have to declare it.

Otherwise everybody will be omitting poor grades.
I got a D in media studies and I had to write it down. But with Cambridge you fill in a SAQ afterwards and you don't have to fill in GCSEs as far as I can remember.
(edited 7 years ago)
I would strongly advise against trying to hide information from Cambridge. Much better to send it and send them an email or whatever with the extra information you want them to have.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mrhedgehog
I got a D in media studies and I had to write it down. But with Cambridge you fill in a SAQ afterwards and you don't have to fill in GCSEs as far as I can remember.

Ok thanks, what's an SAQ?

Yes, you are. You must declare all grades and not to do so is fraudulent.
http://help.ucas.com/contract12/index.html

The SAQ is in addition to the standard UCAS form, where all results have to be declared.
Last year i got a C in further maths as the school talked me into doing it with only 2 months of lessons. I know would like to apply to Cambridge and I think this would definitely pull me down. Do I have to write this down as it was only optional.

Yes. I think you knew the answer yourself.
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Yes. I think you knew the answer yourself.

Yep.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
The SAQ is in addition to the standard UCAS form, where all results have to be declared.

SAQ asks for AS levels and A levels only.
SAQ asks for AS levels and A levels only.

But OP has already had to submit a UCAS application in which his GCSEs are recorded. The university already knows what he got, because he has to declare them on the UCAS form.

Quick Reply

Latest