The Student Room Group

Hospital pharmacy Pre-registration Applications (Pharmalife) 2017/2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CHEM AND BIO TIME!
Just submitted! I feel kinda sick ugh

What were your choices?
We should all say our hospital choices to track who is going where and interviews etc??

Mine are Manchester, Newcastle, West Midlands and London
Original post by MeredithGrey13
We should all say our hospital choices to track who is going where and interviews etc??

Mine are Manchester, Newcastle, West Midlands and London

Where in MCR?
What hospitals have you applied for?

London collaboration
Kingston hospital
Mount vernon hospital
Colchester hospital
Really need a place at a london one 😂😂
Any ideas when we are supposed to hear about interviews or how we know? Do we get much notice?
Original post by Farmacee
Where in MCR?

CMFT .. Have you applied there?
Any ideas when we are supposed to hear about interviews or how we know? Do we get much notice?

No idea you should check it on your specific hospital on pharmalife..when is the London exam thing and what do we even study for it??
CMFT .. Have you applied there?

Yup, What School of Pharmacy are you from?
(edited 7 years ago)
No idea you should check it on your specific hospital on pharmalife..when is the London exam thing and what do we even study for it??

You applied to TLC without knowing the dates?
You applied to TLC without knowing the dates?

I forget things, lots going on atm :colondollar: 7th :s-smilie: I have no idea what to study apart from calcs
I forget things, lots going on atm :colondollar: 7th :s-smilie: I have no idea what to study apart from calcs

Cool, do you have many placements under your belt?
Cool, do you have many placements under your belt?

Nope, bulk of my experience is community, British Red Cross and GP experience. Its going to be absolute slaughter with the competition.
Nope, bulk of my experience is community, British Red Cross and GP experience. Its going to be absolute slaughter with the competition.

Yeah I'm really not looking forward to the next few weeks :frown:( ha - going to be a warzone!
Yup, What School of Pharmacy are you from?

Any idea how tough the competition is for CMFT? Or any info? I don't know much about it tbf.
(edited 7 years ago)
Does anyone know how the second round works if unsuccessful first time round?

Or which hospitals may be involved?

Thanks
Does anyone know how the second round works if unsuccessful first time round?

Or which hospitals may be involved?

Thanks

TLC and the big trusts in MCR, Newcastle, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham etc will usually fill all their places in first round
TLC and the big trusts in MCR, Newcastle, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham etc will usually fill all their places in first round

Ok thats what I had figured. Any idea which ones are available in second round???????
Hey people,*
I need your advice. I am applying to TLC and was thinking about the UCL?
Does anyone know how competitive it is there?*
Hi guys, Im a registered pharmacist and have had pre-reg interviews in the past at

Spoiler

. whilst I didnt have successful interviews (due to a whole load of bad luck during my last year at uni / a bizarre circumstance behind my guys and sts interview), I do know what is needed to pass (that and I spent 1 month cross sector in leeds during my pre-reg (sadly I did community pre-reg but my heart was in hospital).

If anyone has any questions, feel free to tag me in this thread
Original post by quasa
Hi guys, Im a registered pharmacist and have had pre-reg interviews in the past at

Spoiler

. whilst I didnt have successful interviews (due to a whole load of bad luck during my last year at uni / a bizarre circumstance behind my guys and sts interview), I do know what is needed to pass (that and I spent 1 month cross sector in leeds during my pre-reg (sadly I did community pre-reg but my heart was in hospital).

If anyone has any questions, feel free to tag me in this thread

Thank you! What were the interviews like, as in, do I need to start prepping and studying stuff in advance?

Any idea when hospitals contact us after August 31st?

Whats needed to pass?????????!!!!!!

Ooooh and what were bizarre circumstances?? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending