The Student Room Group

obsession with noses

ive just finished my gcses, and im going into a levels and i've never had a clue on what to do. it might sound a bit weird but i'm obsessed with noses :tongue: i find it amazing how some noses are straight and some aren't. basically, what im trying to say it that i'd like to go into nose surgery as a career, could any of u give me advice on that?
Original post by penelopecrux
ive just finished my gcses, and im going into a levels and i've never had a clue on what to do. it might sound a bit weird but i'm obsessed with noses :tongue: i find it amazing how some noses are straight and some aren't. basically, what im trying to say it that i'd like to go into nose surgery as a career, could any of u give me advice on that?

I don't have much advice, but that is a rather bizarre obsession. :tongue: I'm going to move this sharpish to a better section, so people don't get mean about this. :tongue:
Surgery to sort noses out?
Rhinoplasty
I think psychiatry might be a good pave to start. As a patient.

:p:

But seriously, there's s lot more to wanting to do surgery than liking noses. You need to be ok with the competitiveness, the hours, having the expectations of dozens of patients at once relying on you, not to mention likng what you actually do day to day (which is not just going to be chopping up patients all day every day)

If you're serious you need to do some preliminary research on a career in medicine, and get some work experience
Original post by nexttime
I think psychiatry might be a good pave to start. As a patient.

:p:

But seriously, there's s lot more to wanting to do surgery than liking noses. You need to be ok with the competitiveness, the hours, having the expectations of dozens of patients at once relying on you, not to mention likng what you actually do day to day (which is not just going to be chopping up patients all day every day)

If you're serious you need to do some preliminary research on a career in medicine, and get some work experience

would my results be okay for medicine?
7A*s, 3As, 2Bs
Original post by penelopecrux
would my results be okay for medicine?
7A*s, 3As, 2Bs

theyre great results! do you mean plastic surgery by nose surgery?
Original post by rehmanator
theyre great results! do you mean plastic surgery by nose surgery?

thanks! yes exactly
What you need to look at is the path to your end goal; unfortunately this is a long one towards ENT surgery or Plastics surgery.

It takes around 10 years of training after university (in itself 5-6 years) to become a consultant in either (slightly longer for plastics). You will have to do most likely 2 degrees, sit numerous exams and be passionate about noses for the rest of your life. It is competitive, expensive and at times, depressing but nonetheless a rewarding and interesting career.

Consider doing some work experience to see if it's something you will like.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending