The Student Room Group

What are the UCL Medicine GCSE Requirements?

I really want to study Medicine at UCL! I just got my GCSE Results and I got 6 A*s 4 As and 2 Bs. Even though I have not done my A-Levels yet, would UCL accept my GCSEs?
I think they would, their website only says B in maths and english language and C in a foreign language, but obviosuly the higher grades the better, I think your grades are great so go for it! :smile:
Original post by dp00
I really want to study Medicine at UCL! I just got my GCSE Results and I got 6 A*s 4 As and 2 Bs. Even though I have not done my A-Levels yet, would UCL accept my GCSEs?

Check out their minimum entry requirements by using our free Medical School Comparison Tool! It's got all the latest up to date information for the newest application cycle.

You can also check out the Medicine degree course entry requirements page on the UCL website, which says:

"English Language and Mathematics at grade B. For UK-based students, a grade C or equivalent in a foreign language (other than Ancient Greek, Biblical Hebrew or Latin) is required. UCL provides opportunities to meet the foreign language requirement following enrolment, further details at: www.ucl.ac.uk/ug-reqs "

Hope the above helps!

The Medic Portal
Would UCL favour you if you had, for example, 2A*s in MFL GCSEs due to their requirement of having a pass in one?
UCL look at your application very holistically. With them no longer looking at AS grades, I would think that your GCSE grades will now have a lot more weighting. As far as I can see, 6A*s is competitive enough that you should apply to UCL.
I just got my GCSE Results! I got 6 A*s 4 As and 2 Bs. Would this meet the minimum requirement for Medicine at UCL? The website says that a minimum of a grade B in Maths and English Language, which I have surpassed. I got A* in all 3 Sciences!

What are my chances of getting in?
Reply 6
Original post by dp00
I just got my GCSE Results! I got 6 A*s 4 As and 2 Bs. Would this meet the minimum requirement for Medicine at UCL? The website says that a minimum of a grade B in Maths and English Language, which I have surpassed. I got A* in all 3 Sciences!

I Want to study medicine too. I got 7A's and 4B's. I would say you have a pretty good chance at getting in. But I checked on the website and they no longer have any gcse requirements so your good .good luck.
Original post by surina16
Would UCL favour you if you had, for example, 2A*s in MFL GCSEs due to their requirement of having a pass in one?

I'm not sure. I wouldn't think so as their webiste also says those without MFL won't be disadvantaged they'll just be required to take some kind of language module/course at UCL. But it wouldn't hurt I suppose, every little helps :smile:
If UCL says there's no minimum number of A*s then you're good to apply. Smash the BMAT
Reply 9
I sat my GCSEs this year too and unfortunately didn't do as well as I hoped and came out with 1 a*, 5as and 6bs. However, I was really distracted and know I could have done better so do you think if I magically managed to get around 2a*a in my A2 there is still a chance to get into ucl?

P.S. I've done a lot of volunteering at different places and out of school activities if that helps.
Original post by dp00

That's really goood well done!! I'm sure if you keep doing this well in your A-levels you'll be fine, I've heard from other medic students to do a lot of activities and voluntary work if possible related to the medical field.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending