The Student Room Group

Implant or POP/Mini Pill?

I was wondering if the implant causes less bleeding that the mini pill such as cerelle or cerazette?
Or are they about the same?
Ive heard most people don't get bleeding with the implant but I think id prefer a pill.
Experiences please :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I was wondering if the implant causes less bleeding that the mini pill such as cerelle or cerazette?
Or are they about the same?
Ive heard most people don't get bleeding with the implant but I think id prefer a pill.
Experiences please :smile:

I have my second implant and have been using the implant since 2011. With my first implant, I had a semi-regular monthly period/spotting. On my second implant they are more irregular, not monthly, just occasional. However, there was a girl in my school I knew of who had constant bleeding and had to take the pill on top of it to stop the bleeding. Different people, different side effects. I didn't want to go for the pill because I would probably end up forgetting at some point and don't want to risk pregnancy because of my forgetfulness!
Original post by chunkyandfunky
Different people, different side effects.

Yep.
Reply 3
It all depends on how your body takes to the pill or implant. I had the implant for 3 months and bled every single day on it and then got it removed and went on Cerazette and for the first six months I bled every month like a normal period and after that for the last 3 years, I get a period maybe once every month and then not another for 6 months and then maybe I get it twice in one month - it's all guesswork when I'll bleed :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest