The Student Room Group

UCAS choices

Hey guys

So I know up to four of our five choices on UCAS can be medicine/dentistry, but can there be even less? For example, if I applied for medicine at KCL as one choice and at Barts for a second choice, would I be able to apply for courses like biochemistry/biomedical sciences for the other three choices? Also if so, could they be at the same university? Thanks in advance for the help
Original post by heartypirate
Hey guys

So I know up to four of our five choices on UCAS can be medicine/dentistry, but can there be even less? For example, if I applied for medicine at KCL as one choice and at Barts for a second choice, would I be able to apply for courses like biochemistry/biomedical sciences for the other three choices? Also if so, could they be at the same university? Thanks in advance for the help

Yes to both questions, but I'd be inclined to ask why you want to use less Medicine choices?
Good question, I was actually thinking of applying for dentistry but the medicine forum gets more views so I thought I'd post there haha (sorry) but I have to stay in London and there's only two London dentistry universities, KCL and Barts so they're my only options, but I assume the choices stuff is the same for them?
So I know Biomedical Sciences and Biochemistry are up there, but what about Biological Sciences and Chemical Engineering?

Thanks in advance for the help
Anything you think you will enjoy studying for 3 years. Some degrees might be more suitable for dentistry but any degree is fine provided you can get a 2.1 or first.
Original post by 1lastchance
Anything you think you will enjoy studying for 3 years. Some degrees might be more suitable for dentistry but any degree is fine provided you can get a 2.1 or first.

Ok, but won't universities see that I have a medicine/dentistry personal statement and just reject me because I'm only considering them if I don't get into medicine/dentistry? (for arguments sake imagine I sent the statement to a chem eng uni course?)
You should always have your ps based on either dentistry or medicine, otherwise they will automatically reject you. Other degree courses which aren't so competitive won't reject you based on that alone.
Original post by heartypirate
Ok, but won't universities see that I have a medicine/dentistry personal statement and just reject me because I'm only considering them if I don't get into medicine/dentistry? (for arguments sake imagine I sent the statement to a chem eng uni course?)

You're right. I asked about this at an open day dentistry talk at Brum. Answer was that a med ps would result in your dentistry application going into the round filing cabinet marked bin.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending