Jujitsu
Original post by TheParham
What the hell are Nomura actually good at hahaha

samurai bonds innit

equity research lol
I was researching challenges for a bank and came across this:

"Challenging environment - highly geared towards an increase in interest rates (advances to deposits 69%)"

Looking up the term highly geared suggests the bank has high levels of debt, but here it has loans<deposits?

If loans<deposits, why is this bad (increase in r)?

Thanks in advance.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by alexjones1994
erm. Yes they do. We had a representative from the Deutsche HR team come to our university and tell us that its just as important as everything else. If you get 18/18 whilst another guy scrapes it and gets 13/18, everything else being equal they obviously going to pick the guy who gets 18/18.

I actually did a summer internship in IBD at a bulge bracket, was told it was used to cull applicants. Maybe Deutsche has its own thing going on, but it's pretty common knowledge among most people that its nowhere near as important as the rest as the application & is used for sifting people out.
Reply 1287

Apparently S&T much better than ibd.. But well totally tier 3. Comparable to BNP HSBC RBC in my opinion (bit worse in IBD... RBC sucks at it too but pay is good).
Original post by Oschene23
I actually did a summer internship in IBD at a bulge bracket, was told it was used to cull applicants. Maybe Deutsche has its own thing going on, but it's pretty common knowledge among most people that its nowhere near as important as the rest as the application & is used for sifting people out.

Oh okay. Fair enough man. Nice! Tbf I did take Deutsche' advice with a pinch of salt. He looked bit of a suspect retard. I suppose it can't harm your application to do well though :P.
Reply 1289
Is 18/20 acceptable for Kenexa?? Did everything perfect until last 2 where I blocked and answered completely random
Original post by jchap9776
thanks for the advice mate lol

its not that big headed to say they're not a priority when they make 10th on the list for all products and dont even make the top 10 for M&A, Equities or Bonds http://markets.ft.com/investmentBanking/tablesAndTrends.asp

Yep, I know. But consider that you're one of very very very many students at target universities who will be applying for similar positions. Good to accept that actually there is a fair chance you won't get into one of these top banks, and have something to fall back on.
Original post by olly_price
Yep, I know. But consider that you're one of very very very many students at target universities who will be applying for similar positions. Good to accept that actually there is a fair chance you won't get into one of these top banks, and have something to fall back on.

true and tbf i do, thats why im hoping to apply to like 30 programmes
Original post by Lukaz-42
Surely if you aren't Canadian you cant work there anyway?

I can't figure out if you're joking or not.
Original post by olly_price
Has anyone every applied to Centerview before? I just sent off an application, not sure what to expect in terms of how long they will take to get back to me if they ever do, what the process is etc.

Had an email invitation from Dartmouth partner to apply for Partner Brunch. They leaked my profile in Linkedin. Applied and failed. But they told me there will be 7-8 grad positions this year.

Original post by LMAX
Apparently S&T much better than ibd.. But well totally tier 3. Comparable to BNP HSBC RBC in my opinion (bit worse in IBD... RBC sucks at it too but pay is good).

Apologies if I have interpreted this incorrectly but..Nomura is defo not a tier 3, they're 100% a tier 2 and I don't think Nomura is comparable to tier 3's like BNP, HSBC or RBC. Nomura have actually worked on huge deals, especially in oil and consumer industries, they are more closely comparable to places like the lower end of bulge brackets, a huge amount of nomura employees actually come from tier 1s.

But yeah also as you said Nomura pay well, very similar to the tier 1s
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Breakingbank
Apologies if I have interpreted this incorrectly but..Nomura is defo not a tier 3, they're 100% a tier 2 and I don't think Nomura is comparable to tier 3's like BNP, HSBC or RBC. Nomura have actually worked on huge deals, especially in oil and consumer industries, they are more closely comparable to places like the lower end of bulge brackets, a huge amount of nomura employees actually come from tier 1s.

But yeah also as you said Nomura pay well, very similar to the tier 1s

thanks for the insights guys
Reply 1296
I just filled out the Barclays SUmmer internship research things. There were no questions at all + no option to upload CV or cover letter... surely this cannot be right?
Reply 1297
Now I have been invited to a business insight online assessment? What the heck is going on with Barclays this year?
Original post by AKRP
Now I have been invited to a business insight online assessment? What the heck is going on with Barclays this year?

They've completely changed the process for this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AKRP
I just filled out the Barclays SUmmer internship research things. There were no questions at all + no option to upload CV or cover letter... surely this cannot be right?

So what do they ask then if they ask nothing? They literally are just going to go by how you perform on this weird test - what is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending