The Student Room Group

What do you want out of life before the shows over?

Scroll to see replies

be rich and party all the time.

Travel, eat good food, wear good clothes, have a good family and social life, do some good to the people around me (even if it is little things), be a good influence on people and have a great career (Doctor and go into politics aswell)

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
My needs are almost entirely material.

I want a big garden. Topiaries, flower beds, gravel pathways, little benches with honeysuckle growing around them. A clear pool with a tiled floor and fountains leading down to a folly where I can eat breakfast, served by a butler. I want to be able to have a library with shelves so high I get to whiz around on a moving ladder (let's face it, why else would you have a library?), with a great big open fireplace, a leather armchair in front of it, a nice big rug and a drinks globe next to me so I can read Some Fruits of Solitude and get a bit pissed in the process with snugly toes. Maybe a cat or two as well. Apart from the staff, I want to be the only person in the house.

No wife or kids - I couldn't imagine anything worse than having to deal with that crap.

And in this lovely rural home, I of course want a good internet connection so I can write music for films in the studio I'd have built in the basement without too much hassle.*

Spoiler

Well, you asked!**
Oooh god too many things haha.

I would like to make a difference to people's lives, have a decent job (I want to teach eventually) and also I would like to raise a loving, caring family with good morals and respect.
End up with an anti-ageing formula
I want to spend the first half of my life making myself money in whatever line of work I choose to do. Once I'm financially set, I'd like to spend the second half of my life giving it all back as a philanthropist, hopefully making a difference for communities in need, the homeless and the sick. I'd also like to spend this time doing my hobbies (cricket, flying, reading) and being with family.
To be happy. To eventually have a stimulating career that I like waking up on Mondays for. To earn enough so I can treat myself if and when I want to without saying 'I can't afford it'. To feel love for myself.

I'm whatever Gotham needs me to be
An amazing wife who loves and connects with me on a deep personal level, with 2 kids (quite like girls) in a detached house in a nice, small village somewhere. I'd also like to have a decent paid job so my family wouldn't have to face the same money stresses my parents have had to deal with.
Knowledge, intelligence, the feeling of having worked hard and earned what I own. I'd like to travel as well, and live in different countries throughout my life. I want to learn many different languages and dress for business every day, I want to practically live in airports, I want to work hard!

Also some material things- a study, generously filled with books, a jazzy little apartment with a view over a city's skyline, a car people will take me seriously in, and to be able to go to the opera regularly... I'd like to live in a city, though, definitely nowhere even remotely considered rural. Been there, done that, yech. My top choices would be Berlin, New York, Paris, or maybe London, but I haven't traveled much yet, so maybe I'll find somewhere else I love. A boyfriend might be nice too, but only if I can balance my work right.
Go to space imagine how much of a madness that would be uno
Original post by Sameerio
End up with an anti-ageing formula

They made that already. Then hiked the price so nobody could afford it. Then FDA banned it.
Allow me to rephrase the question. What does life need out of you? And the shows almost never over. It just replaces the people and fills it with a bunch of other characters. The world is a stage.

It jus keeps rollin baby.
(edited 7 years ago)
To see my kids well on their way in love and work.

Achieve immortality.
Reply 115
Original post by khana123
Allow me to rephrase the question. What does life need out of you? And the shows almost never over. It just replaces the people and fills it with a bunch of other characters. The world is a stage.

It jus keeps rollin baby.

It's over for each individual when they breathe their last, but yes another replaces them, but not in their individual unique life.
Have a lot of money (obviously) so that i can support my parents and become a philanthropist. Own a nice house, have healthy kids as well as great friends and well just be happy?
Reply 117

I want to know everything there is to know!
That day when I won't wake up with anxiety and life will follow its normal and tranquil course. Achieve the small yet meaningful things I've planned since I was young.

Quick Reply

Latest