The Student Room Group

Two jobs at university. Possible?

Hello. So, basically I'm in a bit of a dilemma.

I have two job offers.
One is for 4 hours on a Saturday from 9:00 - 13:00 and the other is on Thursday 17:30 - 21:30 and Sunday 9:00 - 17:00, so that's 16 hours overall.

Would this place too much stress on me working both jobs? I'll be starting my 1st year next week.
Thanks.

I think I'll just accept both and put up with them. The Thursday and Sunday job is a Christmas Temp job which ends on 01/01/2017.

Shouldn't be too hard for 3 months.
I work three jobs during uni and i manage fine
If you can manage both jobs and uni work then you shouldn't have any problem :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peppercrunch

I have two job offers.
One is for 4 hours on a Saturday from 9:00 - 13:00 and the other is on Thursday 17:30 - 21:30 and Sunday 9:00 - 17:00, so that's 16 hours overall.

Would this place too much stress on me working both jobs? I'll be starting my 1st year next week.

I did in my first year, I worked two hours cleaning in the morning then fast food shifts in the evenings often going over 20+ hrs

I have two job offers.

I worked longer than that and traveled about 1.5-2 hours each way and coped fine. You will have to sacrifice extracurricular activities, but it is doable.

I have two job offers.

Id take both of them and see how you get on.The 2 jobs dont clash or anything so you dont have to worry about that. As long as you keep on top of your uni work then you should be fine. You can always leave one of them if it gets too much. And like you said in your other post, one of them is only xmas temp, so it wont be forever.
Reply 7

I have two job offers.

It's definitely doable, I worked 16 hours in final year at uni and managed fine. However, as it's your first year it may be more difficult because you'll be adjusting to uni life as well. I'd do what others have said and take them both on, if you find it's too much then you can reassess further down the line.

But to me, this seems like a good amount. Also, I can't tell you how great it was working whilst studying. At uni you can start to find yourself in a bit of a bubble, with no activities outside uni. Even the activities you do can end up being related to uni and only ever with other students. It can be really refreshing to break out of this a little bit.
If you see your jobs as just pin money and that’s all it should be okay, so long as you not going to uni overly exhausted, trust me I have been there number of times, it wasn’t worth the extra hassle and situation. I actually felt more depressed working and studying because I had no energy for enjoyment activities. At the time, Netflix wasn’t around so I was left with free view tv to enjoy and my ****ty good for nothing friends messed me around too many times so I had no one.

So what I am trying to say is if you find your slipping mentally and physically In terms of energy, grades slipping etc it’s time evaluate your jobs or if you turn up to work late, have less energy at work or find yourself just overly exhausted.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending