The Student Room Group

My girlfriend cheated on me but she apologized

Scroll to see replies

Whatever. Making out isn't cheating.
well it depends on whether she liked it or not and whether it was peer pressure maybe it was so you should forgive her but she might do it again so its whether you put up with it or not really
Original post by OliviaBaggaley
It's NEVER worth it. Once someone has done it to you once, they won't hesitate to do it again.

I don't think that's true.
Reply 23
Why did she laugh?? That is very weird. I'm really sorry it happened to you anyway, it sucks.

If I were you I would cut and run. Obviously it's hard to do this, and easy for other people to say it, but trust me, 99.999999% of the time it is NOT worth staying with someone who has cheated on you. It is very likely to happen again and even if it doesn't, it will affect the trust in the relationship to the point that it isn't enjoyable anymore.

I know one couple, in their 60s, who have been together since their 20s. On one occasion in their 20s the wife made out with someone else. However they made up and they made it work and they are an awesome couple. But this is ONE couple. And if they'd have split up, they'd probably be in two separate equally nice relationships. So it's not worth staying just because this MIGHT happen.

Basically, leave her, hopefully she will then learn from her mistake and not do the same again, and you will be free to be happy either on your own or with someone else.
Reply 24
Original post by john2054
forgive her. everyone cheats at some time in their lives.

You can forgive her and move on from her at the same time. That way she learns that it's unacceptable and you each get a shot at a better relationship. I say this as someone who has cheated whilst my relationship was breaking down. We both cheated (like you say, most people do at some point) but there's no way we could have stayed together. The trust was gone
What's with everyone saying it's okay...
doesn't matter how hard you both try to make it work, it'll never be the same.:frown:
Get rid of that **** don't be a little beta cuck
Reply 28
Original post by donutellme
What's with everyone saying it's okay...

:angry: MAYNE ikr. At least I got sum rep acshun on my post, so it means that all kiiiiiinds of people are putting some respek on my professional (unlicensed :holmes:) opinion

AY MAYNE but i think u gots to preach to the people... u forgot to tell OP... that he can do.. whateva tha.....
Hi, I had no time to reply or read comments during this day.
Before I read your comments I had decided to forgive her. She has been the best girlfriend I ever had. I could tell how sorry she was, and I believe (or at least hope) that the boy flirted with her first. Even if he didn't, and she did, she could've been curious or wanted to experiment perhaps.
After she admitted last night she went to her mother's. Firstly I was pissed off like hell, and still am, I called her a thousand times to tell her that our relationship is over, no answer of course. But after I woke up (and took a bunch of aspirin :/ ) I imagined my life without her. I've been with her for nine months as her boyfriend, and nearly two years(-ish) as a friend. I wouldn't want to share my intimate life with you, but she is just phenomenal. She is intelligent, kind, relatively beautiful. And I used to enjoy every second spent with her. I just wouldn't be able to live without her. So I convinced myself to forgive her, or at least talk to her. I decided to completely forgive her as long as he tells me the complete truth. Her phone was still off, but I finally decided to go over to her mother's place. Her mother, the nicest person I ever met, told me, after ages of me begging her, that she was with the boy she was with last night. Didn't tell me his name though. I felt like someone stabbed me in the heart, my life was being destroyed. I drove back to my apartment, drank alcohol for five hours straight, but then I suddenly felt nothing but hatred towards her and the scumbag ****ing her. A friend of mine traced her phone (***** forgot to turn it off) and told me she was in some restaurant. I went there, and - I saw one of my closest friends there... There was nothing but rage, anger and hatred inside me but, scared of all this **** happening suddenly, I went away. Also I did not want to make a scene in public. Her mother called me and told me to come to her place. She calmed me down and I stayed there with her. Then my ex (first time I called her "ex") came, and **** was real. She was surprisingly calm and wanted to talk this trough with me. She said that that **** approached her first and that she as curious. She said that the invited him to the restaurant to tell him that their affair is over. She literally cried, begged me not to dump her, and even called herself a ***** and stuff... I was, however, still furious as **** and, ohhhh I soooo regret the following now, I went to exit her house. She kinda jumped on me to try to hug me, but, I don't know what the hell was I thinking, I pushed her off me and she fell on the floor. To make things even ****ing worse, I called her a ***** and slammed the door in her face. I don't know what to do anymore or if there is any more chance to fix our relationship. I desperately want to get back with her but I don't know if she wants to see me anymore. I'm ready to forgive her, but I don't know if she can forgive me for what a jerk I was.
What do I do now?
I don't think she did
She wouldn't have said anything in the first place.
Original post by Anonymous
Before I read your comments I had decided to forgive her. She has been the best girlfriend I ever had. I could tell how sorry she was, and I believe (or at least hope) that the boy flirted with her first. Even if he didn't, and she did, she could've been curious or wanted to experiment perhaps.
After she admitted last night she went to her mother's. Firstly I was pissed off like hell, and still am, I called her a thousand times to tell her that our relationship is over, no answer of course. But after I woke up (and took a bunch of aspirin :/ ) I imagined my life without her. I've been with her for nine months as her boyfriend, and nearly two years(-ish) as a friend. I wouldn't want to share my intimate life with you, but she is just phenomenal. She is intelligent, kind, relatively beautiful. And I used to enjoy every second spent with her. I just wouldn't be able to live without her. So I convinced myself to forgive her, or at least talk to her. I decided to completely forgive her as long as he tells me the complete truth. Her phone was still off, but I finally decided to go over to her mother's place. Her mother, the nicest person I ever met, told me, after ages of me begging her, that she was with the boy she was with last night. Didn't tell me his name though. I felt like someone stabbed me in the heart, my life was being destroyed. I drove back to my apartment, drank alcohol for five hours straight, but then I suddenly felt nothing but hatred towards her and the scumbag ****ing her. A friend of mine traced her phone (***** forgot to turn it off) and told me she was in some restaurant. I went there, and - I saw one of my closest friends there... There was nothing but rage, anger and hatred inside me but, scared of all this **** happening suddenly, I went away. Also I did not want to make a scene in public. Her mother called me and told me to come to her place. She calmed me down and I stayed there with her. Then my ex (first time I called her "ex") came, and **** was real. She was surprisingly calm and wanted to talk this trough with me. She said that that **** approached her first and that she as curious. She said that the invited him to the restaurant to tell him that their affair is over. She literally cried, begged me not to dump her, and even called herself a ***** and stuff... I was, however, still furious as **** and, ohhhh I soooo regret the following now, I went to exit her house. She kinda jumped on me to try to hug me, but, I don't know what the hell was I thinking, I pushed her off me and she fell on the floor. To make things even ****ing worse, I called her a ***** and slammed the door in her face. I don't know what to do anymore or if there is any more chance to fix our relationship. I desperately want to get back with her but I don't know if she wants to see me anymore. I'm ready to forgive her, but I don't know if she can forgive me for what a jerk I was.
What do I do now?

Honestly, don't - I think you need to move on from her. It sounds like she's really been abusing your trust recently. I'm also wondering why she ignored all of your phone calls, or didn't keep you in the loop from the start to tell you she'd be seeing him. To me, it sounds like she's more trouble than she is worth.
Reply 32
kind

No. She isn't kind. She is the literal opposite of kind.

You leave her or you'll both never forget this. It will eat away at you, her, and your relationship.
After she admitted last night she went to her mother's. Firstly I was pissed off like hell, and still am, I called her a thousand times to tell her that our relationship is over, no answer of course. But after I woke up (and took a bunch of aspirin :/ ) I imagined my life without her. I've been with her for nine months as her boyfriend, and nearly two years(-ish) as a friend. I wouldn't want to share my intimate life with you, but she is just phenomenal. She is intelligent, kind, relatively beautiful. And I used to enjoy every second spent with her. I just wouldn't be able to live without her. So I convinced myself to forgive her, or at least talk to her. I decided to completely forgive her as long as he tells me the complete truth. Her phone was still off, but I finally decided to go over to her mother's place. Her mother, the nicest person I ever met, told me, after ages of me begging her, that she was with the boy she was with last night. Didn't tell me his name though. I felt like someone stabbed me in the heart, my life was being destroyed. I drove back to my apartment, drank alcohol for five hours straight, but then I suddenly felt nothing but hatred towards her and the scumbag ****ing her. A friend of mine traced her phone (***** forgot to turn it off) and told me she was in some restaurant. I went there, and - I saw one of my closest friends there... There was nothing but rage, anger and hatred inside me but, scared of all this **** happening suddenly, I went away. Also I did not want to make a scene in public. Her mother called me and told me to come to her place. She calmed me down and I stayed there with her. Then my ex (first time I called her "ex":wink: came, and **** was real. She was surprisingly calm and wanted to talk this trough with me. She said that that **** approached her first and that she as curious. She said that the invited him to the restaurant to tell him that their affair is over. She literally cried, begged me not to dump her, and even called herself a ***** and stuff... I was, however, still furious as **** and, ohhhh I soooo regret the following now, I went to exit her house. She kinda jumped on me to try to hug me, but, I don't know what the hell was I thinking, I pushed her off me and she fell on the floor. To make things even ****ing worse, I called her a ***** and slammed the door in her face. I don't know what to do anymore or if there is any more chance to fix our relationship. I desperately want to get back with her but I don't know if she wants to see me anymore. I'm ready to forgive her, but I don't know if she can forgive me for what a jerk I was.
What do I do now?

my advice remains the same: forgive her!
I don't know if she can forgive me for what a jerk I was.

:biggrin:

What do I do now?

I think you're set on what you're going to do and whatever we say isn't going to change your mind as you're too into her and she has you wrapped round her little finger (not trying to be a ****, but if you want my honest opinion...)

I think the correct thing to do would be to end it and move on but I don't think you're strong enough to do that.
Original post by john2054
forgive her. everyone cheats at some time in their lives.

No they don't, not everyone's a scumbag.
Women who cheat do so for a reason. It's usually because they a-want to leave you or b- They want to test your masculinity by pushing boundaries.

You need to man up and kick her trifling ass to the curb because as time goes on, u will resent her for a- Emasculating you and b- For not telling you the real reason she cheated.

For you sanity and integrity u gotta leave her because u ain't got kids and u ain't got a house together, so u can literally ghost that chick.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Unless you've got a kid or something and you two staying together is necessary for a good upbringing, don't bother. Whether this other guy schlonged her or not, it's not worth it. Forgive her and leave her.
Cheating is the ultimate **** you, i'd leave if I were you.
Trust is the most important thing in a relationship. She broke the trust, she broke the relationship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending