The Student Room Group

Life boring and on repeate each day?

Im really fedup with the boredom of adult life. Mon-fri 9-5 weekends off to do nothing but chill. I have no idea how to add something fun to my life, nothing exciting ever happens its just work work work and I dont really like my job but its the only career path I find even remotely interesting. I have a GF and small child and thats great and all but the routine of life is getting me down and I dont know what to do or if anything can even be done. I was thinking of taking up an active hobby and meet new people but wouldnt know what to do all I know is I cant keep going on like this its depressing me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Compton Menace
Im really fedup with the boredom of adult life. Mon-fri 9-5 weekends off to do nothing but chill. I have no idea how to add something fun to my life, nothing exciting ever happens its just work work work and I dont really like my job but its the only career path I find even remotely interesting. I have a GF and small child and thats great and all but the routine of life is getting me down and I dont know what to do or if anything can even be done. I was thinking of taking up an active hobby and meet new people but wouldnt know what to do all I know is I cant keep going on like this its depressing me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same situation here, minus the GF and kid bit. Having been put off motoring, but still like to get out and about I invested in an expensive mountain bike which takes some of the boredom out of life. Still get fed up of the same places mind.

I have often heard joining clubs for a particular hobby recommended but I have never got round to it. I'm the kind of person that does things in my own time and in my own way. In anycase I would strongly recommend taking up a hobby. It gives me something to do, something to occupy my mind and not think about the general drudgery of everyday life.
You do need a hobby or interest, but don't forget your GF and child too. They probably look forward to spending time with you when you're not at work. There are so many things you can try. There are cycling clubs which cater for all levels of ability and interest. We have rowing and canoeing clubs nearby. Photography? Drama clubs? Try speaking to work colleagues to see what they get up to. Most groups are really keen to receive new members and can give advice and support to beginners. I became a scout leader, and in the last year have been gliding, horse-riding, sailing, canoeing, camping and a whole lot more. It's a chance to get out once or twice a week and meet people with different jobs as well as helping others in the community.
Thanks for the replies, recently started gaming again, pretty much gave it up for two years to focus on my career and being a dad but recently picked it up again, I might start doing boxing or something like that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending