The Student Room Group

Geography CA help?

How does a honeypot site come to be? What makes it a honeypot site?
I'm doing my CA on Stratford upon Avon and I'll have to explain what makes it a honeypot site. What are the best ways to get an grade A or more in this CA?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.
Original post by Psychedeliyaa
How does a honeypot site come to be? What makes it a honeypot site?
I'm doing my CA on Stratford upon Avon and I'll have to explain what makes it a honeypot site. What are the best ways to get an grade A or more in this CA?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Honeypot sites are locations which attract high numbers of tourists, usually because they contain attractive scenery, or buildings which are of historical and/or cultural interest.

In the case of Stratford upon Avon, one of the biggest attractions for tourists is the fact that William Shakespeare was born there, in a house on Henley Street which is now a museum. Other places of interest in the area include Anne Hathaway's cottage, Holy Trinity Church, where Shakespeare was baptised and buried, and the Royal Shakespeare Theatre. Stratford upon Avon also offers various types of accommodation, including hotels, cottages, and campsites, as well as restaurants, cafes, pubs and several shopping centres. These facilities also attract tourists, therefore bringing in more money and making the area more attractive for visitors.

I hope that helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending