The Student Room Group

GCSE Statistics Hypotheses

Hey, I'm doing my GCSE in statistics next year may but I've been given my theme and ideas already and it's on employment. I was wondering if anyone could help me about the ideas of hypotheses I could use (not the exact hypotheses just to help and link the ideas up)?
Original post by ilomiperera
Hey, I'm doing my GCSE in statistics next year may but I've been given my theme and ideas already and it's on employment. I was wondering if anyone could help me about the ideas of hypotheses I could use (not the exact hypotheses just to help and link the ideas up)?

I done statistics and got an A* in the coursework. To get the higher grade use a hypothesis which can give you numerical data so like men are employed more than women overall in the uk - thats how a hypothesis should sound, doesn't have to be true as you are investigating that. Use something which is easy to find data on so you dont waste time. To get higher grades also you could use more than one hypothesis. Here are some more ideas like, women are employed more in _____ than men or female employment has increased over the past ____ years. So you can talk about increase and decrease, certain industries and different genders or age groups, like people aged ____ are employed more then people aged ___. (I think that could be a good one) Make sure you have two variables and numerical data!!!

Ask your teacher they could help you decide the best hypothesis to use if you offer them a couple ideas as they know their stuff haha.

Hope this helped and good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest