The Student Room Group

Sixth form help please...

Hi
I start sixth form on Monday and I am worried about what the start of term arrangements are and what i have got to do or go on the first day.
Can anyone help or offer any advice?

Thanks
Hey, I had my first day of sixth form last year and it basically went like this:

8:30-9:00 ..Assembly (You get told about how hard you'll need to work for A-levels and you find out your tutor groups)
9:00-10:00 ..'Bonding time' in our tutor groups aka doing silly team building games.
10:00-11:00.. Learning how to use the sixth form's VLE in a computer room.
11:00-11:20.. Break
11:20-12:20.. Tour of the campus.
12:20-13:00.. Lunch.
13:00 + ..Our normal lessons started.

Everything will already be organised for you, so don't worry about not knowing what to do or where to go. Once you arrive in the morning, you'd be better off going to reception and asking where you need to go first.
Of course, your sixth form will probably do things slightly different to mine on your first day but I thought I'd just give you an idea of what it might be like :smile:
Good luck!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Bluebutterfly310
Hi
I start sixth form on Monday and I am worried about what the start of term arrangements are and what i have got to do or go on the first day.
Can anyone help or offer any advice?

Thanks

on the first day of my school all we did was sit in assembly and listen to our teacher go on about the gcse and a level success rate in the sixth form im and also stuff they expect us to do, e.g: 100% attendance, trying best in subjects. we also got allocated into our classes and did some silly ice breakers, nothing special really
Reply 3
Agree with above, it'll either be straight into the work or 'icebreakers'. If you're lucky, it won't be the latter.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest