The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
how are you guys finding triple science so far
im kind of struggling with it ,we are doing aqa and our first topic is about energy and all that
am i the only one that is lowkey dying
Original post by forre
im kind of struggling with it ,we are doing aqa and our first topic is about energy and all that

AWW COME ON THIS THREAD AND COMMENT YOUR STRUGGLES AND I WILL SHOW YOU HOW I DO TRIPLE SCIENCE AND THE NOTES sos for caps xD http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4310758
Original post by mayu123
AWW COME ON THIS THREAD AND COMMENT YOUR STRUGGLES AND I WILL SHOW YOU HOW I DO TRIPLE SCIENCE AND THE NOTES sos for caps xD http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4310758

Can you just stop. Like, you're embarrassing yourself. Seriously. Stop.
Original post by forre

I'm sort of okay with physics and chemistry but biology doesn't make any sense to me. Science as a whole is where I'm learning new information the most and I'm not really coping well.
Original post by Sardonic Zarah
I'm sort of okay with physics and chemistry but biology doesn't make any sense to me. Science as a whole is where I'm learning new information the most and I'm not really coping well.

I'm on WJEC, but biology is so confusing! Haha well the topic we are doing anyway- I'm normally good at it :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello! My name is Martyna, I'm currently in Year 10 and just started the new GCSE courses in all my subjects.

I like reading, exercising, going swimming and often just checking the internet and starting wars with people, because lets be real, that's always fun. :tongue:

Im doing:
English language
English literature
Maths
French(AQA)
RE(Edexcel)
History
Triple science(AQA)
Polish(AQA)

Not sure about all the courses, sorry :smile:

I don't know if I'm ready! Obviously we're all the guinea pigs, first to actually do the new GCSE in all subjects! It will obviously be harder, and there's no point in past papers now, it'll all be different! :frown:

My favourite subjects are Biology, Chemistry, English literature and also French. I like history but wouldn't consider it a favourite.

Since I was 7, I knew I wanted to be a doctor. I am very interested in Medicine and it would be my biggest dream come true if I got the grades to study it. If it doesn't work out, I'll definitely consider English literature, I find it so interesting!

Well I'm already in Year 10, and its a LOT harder than last year. No playing games anymore, this is the real thing! I've always studied at home since I started Year 7 so I find that helps me with studying this year.

FLASHCARDS!! One of the best revision methods I've used, it never lets me down. It's hands down my favourite method for learning keywords, terms and equations.
Original post by forre

No, I'm with you haha :smile: Balancing equations (I know) has been so difficult for me to understand, but I think I finally get it now. Lets hope it gets at least a bit better lol

We're doing microscopes in biology, its honestly one of the most boring topics I've studied in bio, all it is for us is using calculations to find the magnification or size and all that, I wish we'd just move on to some stuff about actual life and living organisms. Good luck in biology, you'll be okay.
Original post by MartynaJP6
We're doing microscopes in biology, its honestly one of the most boring topics I've studied in bio, all it is for us is using calculations to find the magnification or size and all that, I wish we'd just move on to some stuff about actual life and living organisms. Good luck in biology, you'll be okay.

Why do I seem so incompetent compared to everyone else on this thread. I'm not even sure what my topic is actually called 😂
Hello, is anyone doing GCSE ICT (AQA)?:h:
Hi I'm doing 10 gcses (all the normal ones english maths 3 sciences) plus french, music, history and rs (i think aqa french, sciences and english, edexcel music, ocr history and rs, and something else maths)

Hmmm new gcses? Older sister in y11 doing the new english and maths, she says its basically just more stuff with different grades. Not looking forward to no coursework and total exam focus though

Favourite subjects... I guess music and french? No idea what I want to do though... i have a folder called 'futury stuff' which contains everything from engineer in the navy to travel writer hmm might need to work on that.
Year 10 is better than year 9 i think - people are only in your class because they actually want to do the subject so things like music are so much more fun. all our lessons so far start with a 'this is now gcse' half hour talk ...
Why do I seem so incompetent compared to everyone else on this thread. I'm not even sure what my topic is actually called 😂

Neither! Something to do with cells😂😂 so basically generally biology!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by labrador716
Hi I'm doing 10 gcses (all the normal ones english maths 3 sciences) plus french, music, history and rs (i think aqa french, sciences and english, edexcel music, ocr history and rs, and something else maths)

Hmmm new gcses? Older sister in y11 doing the new english and maths, she says its basically just more stuff with different grades. Not looking forward to no coursework and total exam focus though

Favourite subjects... I guess music and french? No idea what I want to do though... i have a folder called 'futury stuff' which contains everything from engineer in the navy to travel writer hmm might need to work on that.
Year 10 is better than year 9 i think - people are only in your class because they actually want to do the subject so things like music are so much more fun. all our lessons so far start with a 'this is now gcse' half hour talk ...

How are you finding French, I'm with AQA too but I'm doing the old spec and sitting exams in year 10
Hi, I'm doing:

English Literature (AQA)
English Language (AQA)
Mathematics (not sure I think AQA)
Geography (AQA)
French (AQA)
ICT (AQA)
Psychology (WJEC)
Triple Science (AQA)

All my exams will be at the end of year 11 except for English Literature (we are doing our exam for english lit in year 10).
Original post by salex413
Hi, I'm doing:

English Literature (AQA)
English Language (AQA)
Mathematics (not sure I think AQA)
Geography (AQA)
French (AQA)
ICT (AQA)
Psychology (WJEC)
Triple Science (AQA)

All my exams will be at the end of year 11 except for English Literature (we are doing our exam for english lit in year 10).

What texts are you studying?
What texts are you studying?

An inspector calls, Macbeth, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.

How about you? :smile:
Original post by salex413
An inspector calls, Macbeth, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.

How about you? :smile:

Well, I'm studying An Inspector Calls, A Christmas Carol and Much Ado about Nothing. I really wish we did To Kill a Mockingbird it's my favourite book😢

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
No, I'm with you haha :smile: Balancing equations (I know) has been so difficult for me to understand, but I think I finally get it now. Lets hope it gets at least a bit better lol

Ikr 😭 i obviously knew tjat year 10 was going to be harfer than yr9 but tjis is too much 😢😂,
I havent started chemistry yet only doing physics at the moment.
Are you also doing aqa?
Well, I'm studying An Inspector Calls, A Christmas Carol and Much Ado about Nothing. I really wish we did To Kill a Mockingbird it's my favourite book😢

Posted from TSR Mobile

We started with An Inspectar Calls. Which one are you studying first? Have you bought any revision guide or do you recommend any? Do you have your english lit exam at the end of this year too?
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest