The Student Room Group

I need advice...

So I started at my sixth form college almost a week ago and I'm enjoying it. I'm currently studying mechanical maths, physics, psychology and art... but I hate art. It is completely different from GCSE and we have no freedom; we're told what to do and how to do it which I really don't like. Art was one of my favourite subjects at GCSE (I got an A*) but now I really, really hate it and don't want to do it anymore. I was thinking about changing it to geography because I also loved geography at GCSE (again, I got an A*). Geography would be a considerably harder A level than art because geography involves a lot more writing than art... so I don't know what to do. I do enjoy art however the work load will be a bit overwhelming. By changing subjects I run the risk of having to change my maths, physics and psychology classes (which I really don't want to do because I love the people in my class and the teachers I have). There's one girl in my psychology, physics and maths class who, when I have art, has geography... so do I change art for geography and pray I stay in the same classes for my other subjects? I need help ASAP!!!!
Reply 1
Find your 6th form adviser and find out whether you would be in that geography group or not before making any decisions. Don't wait around if you feel something isn't right for you though, because it's better to drop something you can't mentally commit to and focus on your other subjects than try to stick it out .
Original post by AimeeT13
So I started at my sixth form college almost a week ago and I'm enjoying it. I'm currently studying mechanical maths, physics, psychology and art... but I hate art. It is completely different from GCSE and we have no freedom; we're told what to do and how to do it which I really don't like. Art was one of my favourite subjects at GCSE (I got an A*) but now I really, really hate it and don't want to do it anymore. I was thinking about changing it to geography because I also loved geography at GCSE (again, I got an A*). Geography would be a considerably harder A level than art because geography involves a lot more writing than art... so I don't know what to do. I do enjoy art however the work load will be a bit overwhelming. By changing subjects I run the risk of having to change my maths, physics and psychology classes (which I really don't want to do because I love the people in my class and the teachers I have). There's one girl in my psychology, physics and maths class who, when I have art, has geography... so do I change art for geography and pray I stay in the same classes for my other subjects? I need help ASAP!!!!

Definitely talk to someone at your sixth form first! Drop art now so you're not suffering throughout the year, but you should keep your option s open about other subjects - just in case you can't do geography.
Consider what you want to do after sixth form and choose something appropriate.
It will be fine :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest