The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary Freshers 2016

Hi guys
I'll be studying biochemistry this year at QM, and would love to get to know some of you before uni starts! Feel free to chat with me if you like!
Reply 1
Hey everyone, I'm looking for a replacement tenant for my featured studio room in Scape East London which is located opposite from Queen Mary. The price per week is £255 from 17/09/2016 to 09/09/2017 (51 weeks). Anyone interested?
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Hey zareena hope your good ! Are you doing undergraduate or postgraduate course if you don't mind me asking :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Tamy2600
Hey zareena hope your good ! Are you doing undergraduate or postgraduate course if you don't mind me asking :smile:

Hi! I'm an undergraduate, you? 😄
Hi zareena! I'm an undergrad like you and this will be my first year. I'm doing the Physics with a foundation year (5 year) what subject are you doing and are you living on campus?
Hi zareena, I'm also an undergrad aswell I'm studying Mechanical Engineering -(I did a foundation year last year and missed out freshers - I don't know how - but I'm very familiar with the campus) This year, I will not miss freshers.
Original post by Laurenafenete
Hi zareena! I'm an undergrad like you and this will be my first year. I'm doing the Physics with a foundation year (5 year) what subject are you doing and are you living on campus?

Are you doing the SEFP at QM, if so I did it last year :smile:
Original post by ❃ Stardust ❃
Are you doing the SEFP at QM, if so I did it last year :smile:

Yup! Technically the physics route. What science did you end up going into?
Edit: I've just read your message before sorry. How was the SEFP last year? Was it hard?
(edited 7 years ago)
Yup! Technically the physics route. What science did you end up going into?
Edit: I've just read your message before sorry. How was the SEFP last year? Was it hard?

Yh, I went through the Engineering route, but the route I took was with physics students alongside engineering students as I had to do the same maths and physics modules.

It's very good, as long as you go to every lecture and do all the work it's fine, however it is very demanding. I just warn you there are some lecturers who are bit....
(edited 7 years ago)
Yh, I went through the Engineering route, but the route I took was with physics students alongside engineering students as I had to do the same maths and physics modules.

It's very good, as long as you go to every lecture and do all the work it's fine, however it is very demanding. I just warn you there are some lecturers who are bit.... (I don't want to post online about).

Yeah I expect so with the maths and the physics. Oh god are there lots of assessments? Did you live on campus or did you commute?
Reply 10

Hi! I'm doing Biochemistry (3 years)! Unfortunately i'm not living on campus, i'll be commuting as I live in London :smile:
What about you? You living on campus?
Reply 11
Hi zareena, I'm also an undergrad aswell I'm studying Mechanical Engineering -(I did a foundation year last year and missed out freshers - I don't know how - but I'm very familiar with the campus) This year, I will not miss freshers.

That sounds so interesting! I hope your first year has gone well - and is freshers really that easy to miss?! haha I'm really looking forward to it! Do you know what events you are going to? I feel like there are so many to buy tickets I don't know what to choose!
Original post by Zarreena
Hi! I'm doing Biochemistry (3 years)! Unfortunately i'm not living on campus, i'll be commuting as I live in London :smile:
What about you? You living on campus?

Yup I living on campus in Lindop house! Ooh very nice :biggrin:

That sounds so interesting! I hope your first year has gone well - and is freshers really that easy to miss?! haha I'm really looking forward to it! Do you know what events you are going to? I feel like there are so many to buy tickets I don't know what to choose!

If you are planning to go to quite a few events you might want to get the freshers pass
Reply 13
Yup I living on campus in Lindop house! Ooh very nice :biggrin:

If you are planning to go to quite a few events you might want to get the freshers pass
Ah that's so cool! I got rejected accommodation because I don't live far away enough :s-smilie: I guess you live out london or are an international student?
and Yeah I still need to buy one, it's just they are kind of expensive so i've been putting it off
(edited 7 years ago)
Ah that's so cool! I got rejected accommodation because I don't live far away enough :s-smilie: I guess you live out london or are an international student?
and Yeah I still need to buy one, it's just they are kind of expensive so i've been putting it off

I was initially not offered accommodation because I was an insurance student and because of that didn't get any sort of priority. I was 238th on the waiting list. Only got offered accommodation about two weeks ago. Yeah I live just outside london so I could commute but it would be a very long commute and kinda tricky because I cant rely on the night tube. :/Ah yeah freshers is expensive. But I was comparing my freshers pass to some of my friends going to different unis. We're actually quite cheap! Warwick is about £15 more than ours and they have to pay an extra £5 for their t-shirt whilst ours is inc in the pack.
Reply 15
I was initially not offered accommodation because I was an insurance student and because of that didn't get any sort of priority. I was 238th on the waiting list. Only got offered accommodation about two weeks ago. Yeah I live just outside london so I could commute but it would be a very long commute and kinda tricky because I cant rely on the night tube. :/Ah yeah freshers is expensive. But I was comparing my freshers pass to some of my friends going to different unis. We're actually quite cheap! Warwick is about £15 more than ours and they have to pay an extra £5 for their t-shirt whilst ours is inc in the pack.

Ah lucky! :wink: and that's true, the pass does allow us into most of the events. What are you most looking forward to?
Ah lucky! :wink: and that's true, the pass does allow us into most of the events. What are you most looking forward to?

For freshers I'm excited for the war of the halls the the Freshers ball. But generally I'm just excited to get into my accom, meet the people I'm going to be living with and to get stuck into my course.

What about you?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 17
For freshers I'm excited for the war of the halls the the Freshers ball. But generally I'm just excited to get into my accom, meet the people I'm going to be living with and to get stuck into my course.

What about you?

The uv party and blackout look pretty cool. I too though am looking forward to start my course and learn new things!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending