The Student Room Group

Cheapest option for bus/train travel for Uni students?

(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by SHBKhan
I am a student now and I need a cheap method of travel, both bus and train are suitable for me however these options cost up to £4 a day which is quite alot for a student. What other options do I have? I am too old for the 16-18 card now and the new 18-25 student cards confuse me can someone explain them and what they offer and the other options?

16-25 railcards are really good. They're £30 for the year, and you get 1/3 off travel, so you make back that £30 in the savings you make easily. Bit annoying is that they don't work on trains in rush hour in the mornings, so if you need to get somewhere for like 9am you wouldn't save any money.
Original post by Fox Corner
16-25 railcards are really good. They're £30 for the year, and you get 1/3 off travel, so you make back that £30 in the savings you make easily. Bit annoying is that they don't work on trains in rush hour in the mornings, so if you need to get somewhere for like 9am you wouldn't save any money.

Argh, sounds like a decent discount but I pretty much need to travel in rush hour.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SHBKhan
I am a student now and I need a cheap method of travel, both bus and train are suitable for me however these options cost up to £4 a day which is quite alot for a student. What other options do I have? I am too old for the 16-18 card now and the new 18-25 student cards confuse me can someone explain them and what they offer and the other options?

Where are you living?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending