The Student Room Group

Low ukcat score

hey i really want to do medicine but i got a terrible ukcat score even though i put so much effort and practice into it. I got an average of 523 and my predicted grades are terrible and well below average because my teachers are so terrible and absolutely useless! should i still apply to med school are is there no point?
Achieve AAA this year and apply for 2018 entry.
Reply 2
I think it would be a good idea to take a gap year. Concentrate on getting amazing A level grades, then redo your UKCAT and apply again for 2018 entry. Use your year wisely but also travel and have fun :smile: You shall do medicine, don't worry :biggrin:
Original post by sububzi
I think it would be a good idea to take a gap year. Concentrate on getting amazing A level grades, then redo your UKCAT and apply again for 2018 entry. Use your year wisely but also travel and have fun :smile: You shall do medicine, don't worry :biggrin:

I don't do A-Levels in my country i do something like the international bacceularate so basically i do seven subjects . Do you think i should apply for foundation year medicine courses are just forget about medicine all together for this year
Reply 4
Original post by jennymedschool
I don't do A-Levels in my country i do something like the international bacceularate so basically i do seven subjects . Do you think i should apply for foundation year medicine courses are just forget about medicine all together for this year

Aah I see. Well, if you actually meet the requirements for the foundation courses and your predicted grades aren't 'terrible' then I think you should give it a go.
Try to have no expectations because you don't want to fail your IB cos you didn't get any offers- simply applying can be a great learning curve for next year.
However, you may get an offer as well..

So I'd say just apply this year but have low expectations so you're not disappointed. :smile:
Original post by sububzi
Aah I see. Well, if you actually meet the requirements for the foundation courses and your predicted grades aren't 'terrible' then I think you should give it a go.
Try to have no expectations because you don't want to fail your IB cos you didn't get any offers- simply applying can be a great learning curve for next year.
However, you may get an offer as well..

So I'd say just apply this year but have low expectations so you're not disappointed. :smile:

thanks so much for the advice!! :smile: i'll definitely take it on board

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending