The Student Room Group

Why is there no outrage in the media if guys are victims of rape culture?

Scroll to see replies

Feminism. The era of strong independent women who don't need no men
Women who provably lie about rape allegations should face the sentence their victim would have.

I say proveably false so that doesn't include real cases with no evidence.
Your op isn't visible but I definitely think there should be more attention put to male rape and outrage
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Feminism. The era of strong independent women who don't need no men

sorry the last part made me remember this meme XD
Original post by PrincessBO$$
sorry the last part made me remember this meme XD

Shaniqua is bae.
Rape culture doesn't exist. You can't call a crime a culture- do we ever talk about mortgage fraud culture?
It's seriously messed up that a person would lie about being raped, not only does it ruin lives, it contributes to people discrediting actual victims.
Reply 8
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
It's seriously messed up that a person would lie about being raped, not only does it ruin lives, it contributes to people discrediting actual victims.

It wasn't just one person who lied, it was thirteen.
Reply 9
Original post by richpanda
Rape culture doesn't exist. You can't call a crime a culture- do we ever talk about mortgage fraud culture?

Point still stands though, doesn't it.
Original post by Dodgypirate

I was going on about in general. :colonhash:
Point still stands though, doesn't it.

Yes, of course. Welcome to 2016 where being male is a crime in itself.

That's crazy. All 13 of those girls should go to jail - and I agree this should be much wider spread in the media

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mizzsnazzter
That's crazy. All 13 of those girls should go to jail - and I agree this should be much wider spread in the media

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're still anonymous, they haven't been named and shamed, and in all likelihood, they never will.

It's a perversion.
Original post by richpanda
Yes, of course. Welcome to 2016 where being male is a crime in itself.

For the time being male-hating is only on Tumblr/Facebook/some alternative, left-wing websites, but it's only a matter of time before it hits the mainstream.

Being a male is as bad as being a nazi.
Totally going to be that guy, but I could only find this article on "mensviews.com" and there were certainly some damning quotes from facebook conversations but no screenshots or actual evidence any of it was made up.

How do we know for sure it's all a fabrication?

Edit: Just had a look around the site and concluded it must all be satire.

"So, what are women’s most important roles in life? Let’s sum it up in two simple words, “Wife” and “Motherhood”. (Now I bet the feminist crackpots are in a rage over this statement!)"
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Totally going to be that guy, but I could only find this article on "mensviews.com" and there were certainly some damning quotes from facebook conversations but no screenshots or actual evidence any of it was made up.

How do we know for sure it's all a fabrication?

Edit: Just had a look around the site and concluded it must all be satire.

In fairness although the case might be there's always others...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3075125/My-son-s-life-ripped-apart-woman-falsely-cried-rape-twice-Police-knew-Oxford-student-fantasist-did-believe-her.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinking-man/11912748/Guilty-until-proven-innocent-life-after-a-false-rape-accusation.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/man-wrongly-accused-rape-said-7515309

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/21016808/false-rape-claims-devastating-say-wrongly-accused

Still though it's not that common a problem, but I do think the women should;t be kept anonymous if it's proven to be slander. We were having this discussion at work last week actually as I'm friendly with two of the girls there in particular. A guy working there was being a bit too touchy feely and so they reported him, he got a stern warning for it and if it happened again he;d get the sack. Now they even said to me that realistically there's nothing stopping them from pretending he'd started doing it again and reporting him, it's two people's words against one and no one is going to investigate it thoroughly. They were saying it's a pretty unfair situation for a guy, saying not that they ever would, but they could go to the bosses and report me for groping them, guy X, guy Y, wouldn't matter, we could deny it all we like but if they went as a pair and turned on the water works if necessary, they could create whatever result they wanted (the guy having a talking to but it not going too far as at their request as they didn't think it was malicious). But somehow if a guy went and complained a girl kept putting their arms around him or was patting his arse when we didn't want them to......the result might not be quite the same.
(edited 7 years ago)
I thought this was going to be a discussion about men who are rape victims. Probably happens a lot more than it gets publicity for.
Reply 18
Original post by Pinkberry_y
women who don't need no men
So they do need them?
Reply 19
Tbh rape is one of those stupid crimes which you can't really enforce unless they made a tape - it's all circumstantial.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending