The Student Room Group

Joint degree: does it put you at a disadvantage?

Hi guys,

I will be applying to study BSc Economics / Economics and Politics at the likes of LSE, UCL, Warwick with the view to going into IB after university. Are joint-degrees like Economics and Politics looked upon less favorably than say, pure Economics, when applying to IBs?

Thanks
IB's have no set degree requirements. You could get into investment banking with an art degree. So in plain words to answer your question they don't look at joint degrees less favourably.

Hope this helps
Reply 2
Original post by IBFUTURE
IB's have no set degree requirements. You could get into investment banking with an art degree. So in plain words to answer your question they don't look at joint degrees less favourably.

Hope this helps

Thanks for your help. I suppose that where you study is now more important than what you study.
100% correct. I am slightly unfortunate as I go to a "non target" due to certain circumstances, but I'm ambitious and determined and hope that will help me in the future.

I wish you the best of luck.
Reply 4
100% correct. I am slightly unfortunate as I go to a "non target" due to certain circumstances, but I'm ambitious and determined and hope that will help me in the future.

I wish you the best of luck.

Where and what are you studying at the moment? I think if you can push for a First in your degree, the university you go to may become less important when applying. I'm sure many people get into IB without having gone to a target university. Best of luck.
I'm at DMU doing Physics. Currently holding a 86% average going into my third year, had no luck last year on internships. Made massive work on my CV though and am going to start applying next week for summers and off cycles.
I'm at DMU doing Physics. Currently holding a 86% average going into my third year, had no luck last year on internships. Made massive work on my CV though and am going to start applying next week for summers and off cycles.

What's DMU?
No, but you can't even read the sticky so I doubt you have a chance anyway.
No, banks don't care about the degree

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending