The Student Room Group

What Uni should i apply to for History?

Scroll to see replies

Lancaster might be worth looking into 1/2 hour further than Cambridge. If you wish to closer to home you could look at Cardiff.
Reply 21
Original post by alexp98
York is supposed to be very strong

yeah I've heard that as well but its just so far away :bawling::bawling:
Reply 22
Original post by swansea jack 1
Lancaster might be worth looking into 1/2 hour further than Cambridge. If you wish to closer to home you could look at Cardiff.

hmm is Lancaster any good, i guess i sort of just discounted it because it isnt a russell group uni, probably misplaced bias lol

and yeah did consider cardiff but didnt really like the feel of it on the open day i went to, plus the lecturer we had giving our talk was sooo boring. seriously if thats the best/most interesting guy they could get to do a talk for potential undergrads than i dont want to study there haha
Original post by Strimpy
hmm is Lancaster any good, i guess i sort of just discounted it because it isnt a russell group uni, probably misplaced bias lol

and yeah did consider cardiff but didnt really like the feel of it on the open day i went to, plus the lecturer we had giving our talk was sooo boring. seriously if thats the best/most interesting guy they could get to do a talk for potential undergrads than i dont want to study there haha

Please dont fall for the Russell Group thing. All that is is a marketing ploy. Up until 2012 Durham York and Exeter werent in the Russell Group. They were in a group called the 1994 Group along with Lancaster, Bath and St Andrews. By all means reject Lancaster for a good reason but it is better than some universities in the Russell Group so dont reject it for that reason. Year after year Lancaster is voted a top 12 university by all the leading league tables so this must be doing something right.
Original post by Strimpy
yeah I've heard that as well but its just so far away :bawling::bawling:

I went to York and travelled there from the same part of the country as you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending