The Student Room Group

Can I get some information on predicted grades?

I'm most likely to get predicted ABB and they will put that on my Ucas application when the course needs AAA what are my chances of getting an offer?
Original post by YasminEk
I'm most likely to get predicted ABB and they will put that on my Ucas application when the course needs AAA what are my chances of getting an offer?

Depends on the Uni. If they are impressed with your PS then you may get their standard offer and be expected to raise your game i.e AAA or you may get rejected. Don't think theres a standard approach. Two grades lower is obviously further away than one below, especially as they are used to predicted grades being inflated.

If you are interested in a aprticular Uni, then I would give them a call andsee if they have any guidance i.e advise against or its ok and you stand a chance.
Original post by YasminEk

Ask them directly

Many universities make offers above predictions. Some don't. Only they know if ABB predictions would be an automatic rejection.

Remember that even if you do get an AAA offer then you will need to get those grades to be sure of a place. Speaking to your teachers about what extra effort/work you can do to improve your performance NOW to help get better grades is worthwhile.
tell your teachers to raise your predicted grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending