The Student Room Group

No confidence in approaching a girl

There is this girl I like but I haven't actually spoke to her except from email. I want to ask her out but I am really shy. She usually sits with her friends and I never see her alone. How can I gain the confidence to approach her and ask her out. I also struggle with things to say. Thank You for any advice.
Feel ya brother, in relatively similar situation but you've got contact right? Why not drop her an email and say you wanna speak to her for a few minutes at such and such a place? Then you meet there and tell her in person that you think she's cool and wanna get to know her better, so ask her for her number and a coffee. She'll get the hint off the email but then you show a little confidence and knock it out the park in real life.
alcohol
Reply 3
You need to make eye contact at least once, DO NOT FALTER WHEN YOU DO!
Then from then on, you can try talking...
Reply 4
eh?

so there is this girl you like. you cross paths all the time but neither of you say a word to each other and only communicate in email.

I'll say it again. ...eh?
Original post by Dave Peterson
There is this girl I like but I haven't actually spoke to her except from email. I want to ask her out but I am really shy. She usually sits with her friends and I never see her alone. How can I gain the confidence to approach her and ask her out. I also struggle with things to say. Thank You for any advice.

I would say start off little things like eye contact, don't keep the eye contact for too long because you might seem like a creep. Smile when you see her, as smiling is one of the things girls look into (they don't want to hang around negative people). Start emailing her more, last step is ask her out for a dinner. Don't be shy man, being shy does not get you anywhere in life trust me!

Hope this helps!
Original post by Foo.mp3
Chat to her by email/social media, and suggest doing something together. Simples

I would do that as I feel i would find it easier to get to know her in a cafe rather than at school, but I asked friends opinion on this and they said not too as she would feel as if I wasn't going to talk to her. Do you suggest that I just go for it regardless???
Original post by Foo.mp3
Chat to her by email/social media, and suggest doing something together. Simples

I have thought about doing this as I would feel it easier for me to get to know her in a cafe rather than at school. I asked a friends opinion on this and they said not too as it will make her feel the I wasn't going to talk to her although I would probably find it easier. Do you suggest that I just go for it and ask her out via email regardless???
Reply 8
Original post by A* levels
I would say start off little things like eye contact, don't keep the eye contact for too long because you might seem like a creep. Smile when you see her, as smiling is one of the things girls look into (they don't want to hang around negative people). Start emailing her more, last step is ask her out for a dinner. Don't be shy man, being shy does not get you anywhere in life trust me!

Hope this helps!

Eye contact is the key!!!
You need to talk to her, even if it goes nowhere and you come across like a total loser, at least you'll have tried.

Eye contact really does something to my body physically. Like a real feeling all over. so yes it's makes a big difference.

I love it when a guy tried to chat me up, even if he's totally not the sort I'm interested in. It's just so flattering.
Reply 10
Any update with the girl?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending