The Student Room Group

I'm not sure what to do.

I am in Year 11 and am about to do my GCSE's and honestly if i get my desired grades I want to go to 6th form, however the problem is I really can't choose what subjects I would want to do, I've gone to open evenings but it still hasn't helped, any advice?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Original post by rachel105
I am in Year 11 and am about to do my GCSE's and honestly if i get my desired grades I want to go to 6th form, however the problem is I really can't choose what subjects I would want to do, I've gone to open evenings but it still hasn't helped, any advice?

Okay give us something to work with - what subjects did you take for GCSE and which ones do you know you definitely don't want to carry on?
Reply 3
Original post by #sarahsmith2
Okay give us something to work with - what subjects did you take for GCSE and which ones do you know you definitely don't want to carry on?

I take Art, I.T, History which I enjoy and I also enjoy English
Original post by rachel105
I take Art, I.T, History which I enjoy and I also enjoy English

That's five subjects - good baseline - so you have to pick 3 - any of them stand out as ones you definitely want to continue?
Reply 5
Original post by #sarahsmith2
That's five subjects - good baseline - so you have to pick 3 - any of them stand out as ones you definitely want to continue?

I do like English however I am not too confident I'll get B in both to continue to 6th form. I would like to do art and history but same as with english I am not too confident I'll get the grades.
Have you got any predicted GCSE grades off your school/teachers? I would definitely recommend English literature, and that would fit with history really well!

Quick Reply

Latest