The Student Room Group

How long to wait before texting?

I met a girl and we talked a huge amount and got really close, ending up having sex a few times. Over the course of around 10 days, we texted a huge amount, sometimes a few times a day, sending each other long texts filled with emoji and questions and opinions (like family and stuff too).

However, we've both now started uni on opposite ends of the country (first year) and have become a bit distant where initially, our texting slowed to every other day, to once every few days and now about one or two times a week. We both started uni about 2 weeks ago. Our texts have also become shorter and now I feel like she delays her messages on purpose (i.e. I send a few sentences one day, then she'll reply like 3 days later), even though she very occasionally posts stuff on facebook in the meantime. Maybe she's delaying because she's busy with uni (which she said) and/or because we're running out of things to talk about. Or is she losing interest? Also, how long should I wait after receiving a text/response from her- a few days or just text the following day? I might be overthinking everything but I'm not sure.
It shouldn't take more than a day to respond to a few sentences...
Reply 2
if you got her number, no more than a few hours. However, If it's something like social media, people don't check up on that as regularly, so it varies.
Reply 3
Original post by Drunq
if you got her number, no more than a few hours. However, If it's something like social media, people don't check up on that as regularly, so it varies.

Even if it's something like Facebook Messenger? We send all our texts through facebook :/
Reply 4
Original post by TorpidPhil
It shouldn't take more than a day to respond to a few sentences...

So you think she's lost interest since starting uni? That's what I'm a bit confused about since she seemed really interested and keen to meet up again in the holidays but that was just before we went to uni
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Even if it's something like Facebook Messenger? We send all our texts through facebook :/

Ask for her number instead, because communication through texting via text/whatsapp, will make her reply faster. If she takes longer than a day, that's how you now she's just ignoring/avoiding you.
So you think she's lost interest since starting uni? That's what I'm a bit confused about since she seemed really interested and keen to meet up again in the holidays but that was just before we went to uni

Pretty much yeah. Find it bizarre that you've had sex and you only speak over facebook though, like wtf...
Reply 7
Original post by TorpidPhil
Pretty much yeah. Find it bizarre that you've had sex and you only speak over facebook though, like wtf...

We met up like 3 times in person during the week, and spent hours talking to each other over drinks/dinner etc but the rest of the communication happened over FB during those days
We met up like 3 times in person during the week, and spent hours talking to each other over drinks/dinner etc but the rest of the communication happened over FB during those days

I get that but I still find it bizarre how quick folks are with things these days... *shrugs*
Reply 9
There is no point
Does anyone have tips on how I can avoid getting attached? I had my first kiss and lost my virginity to her, so that probably explains why I'm getting attached and feel close. It's unlikely I'll see her in person for the next couple of months at least. I can't just suddenly stop texting her without hurting her feelings (which must also be why she always replies in time for me too)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending