The Student Room Group

What phone do you use?

Scroll to see replies

got a galaxy s3 but im getting the wileyfox spark x next week
Alcatel brick phone in grey
i have used iPhones from 3GS to 5s and then switched to Samsung s6 edge. Absolutely love it. Don't have to bother with itunes and love the themes for customization and multi-windows. I was actually planning to buy the note7 but it's been discontinued. If it weren't for the explosions, it would have been the no.1 phone for me. So I am looking at s7 edge now. It's even got a micro-sd slot.
iPhone7 32gb
Original post by Sparster
iPhone 4S and have had it for ages. Don't see any point in changing. iPhones never really go out of fashion and it has everything I need so very content with it.

Can you download IOS 10 on it?
Original post by XxMirunaxX
Can you download IOS 10 on it?

Nope, the 4S only supports up to iOS 9.3
Original post by panda1093
iPhone7 32gb

Unfortunately, an iPod Touch and a cheap £10 2G phone would be of more use to me than an iPhone 7... :sadnod:
OMG!!! You're missing out😰

I don't own an iPhone so I'm not, I was just answering your question on his behalf :ahee:
Original post by spotify95
Unfortunately, an iPod Touch and a cheap £10 2G phone would be of more use to me than an iPhone 7... :sadnod:

Why? Headphones?
iPhone 5S 16GB Space Grey
Original post by jameswhughes
Why? Headphones?

That is partly the reason, however it's not just my headphones.
I've only got 1 device that's Bluetooth - which is a small, portable "ECandy" 3W bluetooth speaker - and even that has a 3.5mm in for non Bluetooth devices.
Nothing I own has a Lightning port as I haven't used an Apple product before.
My two main speaker systems (LG Surround Sound/home theater system & Logitech Z5500 Surround Speakers) have various inputs, but nothing that is compatible with the iPhone 7 (not without a clunky adaptor anyway :frown:) And all of my other speakers, with the exception of the 3W Bluetooth one, are 3.5mm.
I am hopefully getting some Bluetooth headphones soon, though that's only because I had a ton of Amazon vouchers that needed using up! All of my current headphones are 3.5mm.

I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who don't mind the loss of the headphone port, since most of their stuff would have either Bluetooth or USB/Lightning connectors, but there are people like me who still have the vast majority of stuff as 3.5mm. (And you have to buy a separate adapter, not the one that Apple provide, in order to charge the phone whilst using an adapted 3.5mm connector.) I can see why Apple have done this - because people who have used iPhones since the iPhone 5 will likely have at least one main system that uses Lightning - however, for people who haven't got Bluetooth devices, it makes jumping from an Android device to an iPhone 7 that little bit harder, since all of their media systems (speakers, headphones, in car systems etc) would have to be either modified or replaced...

I must be missing out as well, because my Galaxy S4 is still on Android 4.2.... though if app support for 4.x drops anytime soon, I can upgrade that to Android 5.0. (Though I plan to get an LG G4 anyway, for better performance, better battery life, particularly with a bigger capacity battery (the S4 battery life isn't great now, as it's been used for 2.5 years!) and better network support, such as 4G Calling, Cat6 LTE (for up to 150Mbps) and the ability to totally ignore 2G networks, whilst not sacrificing anything else.)
iPhone 7 Plus (256GB, Jet Black) :h:

So ordered on the 9th of September like many and I had to wait for just over 7 weeks before the phone finally arrived 1 week ago :woo:

It's brilliant and sooooo pretty :love:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Indeterminate
iPhone 7 Plus (256GB, Jet Black) :h:

Is that your Oppo?
iPhone 4S 👀
It's a bit like two tins joined together with string, but they cost £500 and let you watch cat videos on the bus to work.
Original post by ATLHustler
iPhone 6 in rose gooooooold.

omf do i spot another atl fan ^-^
Yep :lol:

Got it with the SE535s a few months ago (in fact you recommended it, so thanks!) but it works well with those P9s too :biggrin:
iPhone 6s 16Gb Space Grey lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending