The Student Room Group

Anyone doing/done CIMA Qualification?

As per title:

Has anyone doing/done CIMA Qualification?
The new 70% pass-mark is a major concern for me, and why I am now considering ACCA more so.
Reply 2
Currently doing.. what do you want to know?
Reply 3
Original post by Vm93
Currently doing.. what do you want to know?

Hi, thanks

i wanted to ask,

Which paper are you on?
How many papers have you completed?
Which tuition provider did you use? BPP or Kaplan?
Reply 4
Hi, I'm on the strategic level- I have completed 8 papers (exemptions from certificate level) and I use First Intuition. They are a smaller provider with a more personalised feel imo.
Reply 5
Original post by Vm93
Hi, I'm on the strategic level- I have completed 8 papers (exemptions from certificate level) and I use First Intuition. They are a smaller provider with a more personalised feel imo.

Based in London?
Have you used Kaplan?

- Can I ask do you have any advice for the Case studies?
- E.g in the Operational Case study exam - What does this relate to EVERYTHING IN C1,2,3,4,5,P1,F2,E1?

Am I suppose to remember everything?

Thanks
Reply 6
Original post by helpmekid
Based in London?
Have you used Kaplan?

- Can I ask do you have any advice for the Case studies?
- E.g in the Operational Case study exam - What does this relate to EVERYTHING IN C1,2,3,4,5,P1,F2,E1?

Am I suppose to remember everything?

Thanks

Yeah based in London. I have not used Kaplan but I know people who have. Classes have more students and they go through the material a lot quicker apparently.

Case studies are tricky tbh, the only advice is to make sure you know as much of theory as possible, know the fictitious company as well as possible and make sure you apply any theory to the case. Your answer should be how you'd answer a query at work.

When you get a case and a tuition provider you will know which areas to focus on the most from their analysis. You won't be able to remember everything but you will be able to eliminate some topics from the case you are given.

I didn't take any of the C's so I would say E, F and P only.
Reply 7
Original post by Vm93
Yeah based in London. I have not used Kaplan but I know people who have. Classes have more students and they go through the material a lot quicker apparently.

Case studies are tricky tbh, the only advice is to make sure you know as much of theory as possible, know the fictitious company as well as possible and make sure you apply any theory to the case. Your answer should be how you'd answer a query at work.

When you get a case and a tuition provider you will know which areas to focus on the most from their analysis. You won't be able to remember everything but you will be able to eliminate some topics from the case you are given.

I didn't take any of the C's so I would say E, F and P only.

Thank you for the advice,

So you had exemptions for C Level.

- Can i ask, after you started did you take 1 paper at a time?
- How many months did it take for E1?

Thanks
Reply 8
Thank you for the advice,

So you had exemptions for C Level.

- Can i ask, after you started did you take 1 paper at a time?
- How many months did it take for E1?

Thanks

I started off 1 at a time because I was kind of going into the unknown. Now I take an E paper along with one other.

The E's are quite easy and you can self study those tbh. I think I left the E1 exam within 45 minutes. Should take you less than a month.
Reply 9
Original post by Vm93
I started off 1 at a time because I was kind of going into the unknown. Now I take an E paper along with one other.

The E's are quite easy and you can self study those tbh. I think I left the E1 exam within 45 minutes. Should take you less than a month.

Thanks for the help.

Any more exam tips and advice. ?:
Reply 10
Thanks for the help.

Any more exam tips and advice. ?:

Not much else to be honest. Just get started. If you start with E, make sure you don't get sucked in and think they'll all be that straight forward.

Good luck
Reply 11
Original post by Vm93
Not much else to be honest. Just get started. If you start with E, make sure you don't get sucked in and think they'll all be that straight forward.

Good luck

Hello,

thanks for the help, i also sent a PM, please check that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending