The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Wounded.

Sixth best in the Guardian table. Although the girlies beat us. :frown:
Reply 2
The table in The Telegraph is completely different though - and the top school, Colyton Grammar, Devon (I'd never heard of this place before today) caned everywhere else, hands down (97.44%*!!!).

* % of candidates with 5 or more A* & A
Reply 3
My school was always in the bottom 5% UK wide. It has become a city acadamy now though which basicaly means lets put more millions into educating a bunch of wasters who education can't help.
Reply 4
mobbdeeprob
Wounded.

Sixth best in the Guardian table. Although the girlies beat us. :frown:

the girls at the school are dogs though :wink: the boys arent half bad!! you cant have brains AND beauty. unfortunatley, the girls have brains.
Reply 5
mobbdeeprob
The table in The Telegraph is completely different though - and the top school, Colyton Grammar, Devon (I'd never heard of this place before today) caned everywhere else, hands down (97.44%*!!!).

* % of candidates with 5 or more A* & A

My cousin's starting there next week (she's going into year 7). It's meant to be a really good school and it has a milkshake bar!!
Reply 6
~Sam~
My cousin's starting there next week (she's going into year 7). It's meant to be a really good school and it has a milkshake bar!!

*Is very jealous*. I live for banana and strawberry milkshake!
Reply 7
deianra
Guardian GCSE: Dammit! Idiot boys beat us at 3rd. We're 15th :eek: Haven't sunk that low in years. Ouch.

Guardian A-level: 43rd. *gives up*

Telegraph GCSE: 2nd! That's more like it :biggrin: That Colyton Grammar did bloody well though. They beat us by over 5%, wowee.

Didn't your school do amazingly last year for GCSE though>
Reply 8
mobbdeeprob
*Is very jealous*. I live for banana and strawberry milkshake!

I prefer chocolate myself :smile: I want a milkshake bar at my school!
Reply 9
hester
the girls at the school are dogs though :wink: the boys arent half bad!! you cant have brains AND beauty. unfortunatley, the girls have brains.

If we shipped out half of our dossers, to the extent that the public schools do, we would murder the thang! That's probably true for quite a few grammars though.

All the tables are subject to a lot of creative editing though! All the schools tell bare-faced lies about who exactly has been entered.
Reply 10
mobbdeeprob
If we shipped out half of our dossers, to the extent that the public schools do, we would murder the thang! That's probably true for quite a few grammars though.

thats why my school does so well. we are ruthless when it comes to "suggesting" that people leave lol.
~Sam~
I prefer chocolate myself :smile: I want a milkshake bar at my school!

I would settle for a canteen that sold edible food (and saved me from having vending machine lunches, or doing a 30 minute roundtrip every lunchtime). Whenever it rains I always eat lunch from the vending machine, or have no lunch. :frown:

Luckily, loads of people will have cars this year. :smile:
Reply 12
deianra
*Takes credit for this* Thank you, thank you, no cameras please :wink:
Ahem. Yes. We're meant to do amazingly every year though :smile:

I think the Year 11s this year have actually beat us. We were 91%, they're 92% with decimal places.

Is that five or more A/A*? My school got 25%!! But then again our year 11 aren't exactly the brightest of year groups
Reply 13
mobbdeeprob
I would settle for a canteen that sold edible food (and saved me from having vending machine lunches, or doing a 30 minute roundtrip every lunchtime). Whenever it rains I always eat lunch from the vending machine, or have no lunch. :frown:

Luckily, loads of people will have cars this year. :smile:

Yeah, sounds like my school. The food in the canteen is rubbish, and by the time you walk up the highstreet and buy lunch, it's time to come back again! I too often eat out of vending machines, even though they're ridiculously overpriced
Reply 14
deianra
Pfffft. Pffft. Not only does my school not let you take cars, but I'm not bloody even 17 until the end of October. Pffft. :frown: :mad:

my school wouldnt let us out till 3.50!!! we HAD to have school lunch. There were no vending machines, and we were not allowed to take in packed lunches. beat that.
deianra
Pfffft. Pffft. Not only does my school not let you take cars, but I'm not bloody even 17 until the end of October. Pffft. :frown: :mad:

Yep. My year group average was 6A*s, 3As and a B.

Were you a put a year ahead?
~Sam~
Yeah, sounds like my school. The food in the canteen is rubbish, and by the time you walk up the highstreet and buy lunch, it's time to come back again! I too often eat out of vending machines, even though they're ridiculously overpriced

Yeh, my lunches have been less than healthy at times.

We won't even talk about cigarette lunches!

It pees me off when people at nearby colleges have a baby Pret' and Cafe Nero on site!
mobbdeeprob
Were you a put a year ahead?

Mm.

mobbdeeprob
Yeh, my lunches have been less than healthy at times.

We won't even talk about cigarette lunches!

It pees me off when people at nearby colleges have a baby Pret' and Cafe Nero on site!

SO UNFAIR!!! I want a Pret, that is evil. And a Cafe Nero! Arrrrgh. The things we trade for a spiffier education. :mad: :mad: Pret! :mad: We're not even allowed off site when we have a free double! Sixth Form, what?!
deianra
Mm.

SO UNFAIR!!! I want a Pret, that is evil. And a Cafe Nero! Arrrrgh. The things we trade for a spiffier education. :mad: :mad: Pret! :mad: We're not even allowed off site when we have a free double! Sixth Form, what?!

That's harsh!

What about morning/afternoon frees? Don't you get to stroll in at 11ish and have afternoons off? (We're not meant to do the former until U6, but everybody does :biggrin:).

The people who drop Further Maths (having done A2 maths in a year, and gaining an AS in FM) get three-fifths of the week free (and you usually don't see them for days on end, lol)! :mad:
Reply 19
deianra
Guardian GCSE: Dammit! Idiot boys beat us at 3rd. We're 15th :eek: Haven't sunk that low in years. Ouch.

Guardian A-level: 43rd. *gives up*

Telegraph GCSE: 2nd! That's more like it :biggrin: That Colyton Grammar did bloody well though. They beat us by over 5%, wowee.
according to the Daily Mail, you're school came 1st and Reading School came 20th :eek:

Latest

Trending

Trending