The Student Room Group

loughborough illustration portfolio review/interview.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by scampiandchipsrock
you should post some of your work on deviantart, you could get alot more recognition and views! did you put it in anyway regardless of your tutors? i know it doesnt show 'meaning' but its shows that your traditional skills are pretty good! though i am one of those art whores that is easily won over perfect replication :tongue: i'l put some up after my interview tomarrow! :smile: my works like part, comic-cy, traditional, conceptart-ty :tongue:
linseed is the medium in oil paint, silly!:tongue: so its like liquid part of of the spludge you squeeze out of the tube hehe,
hehe, cambridge is a nice place from what i saw, i was going to apply to anglia ruskin, but thought i would be pushing my luck :tongue:
maybe the rejections were meant to be so you can go loughborough? who knows hehe :tongue: im glad i got rejcted from bcu, saved me from going to that **** hole lol. ive done some notes for tomarrow on what to say and stuff, listed artsed, etc, now playing xbox, should i be worrying or is this relaxed approach fine? :tongue:

Ah, maybe. There are some really good people on DeviantArt, but then there are those where you're looking at their work and it's like...Wtf, do you really think that's good?? I'd hate to be one of those people! But yeah I put it in, that Flickr thing is literally what I sent to Brighton (minus a writing bit at the start). I guess I'm an art whore then, too :tongue: I like photo-realistic things, but only when the subject matter is interesting too. Otherwise it's just a bit boring, even if it's technically amazing. But yeah, you'd better because I'm really interested now :smile:

Oooooooh, I thought it was one of those various bottles of stuff you can mix into it! :rolleyes: I don't think ARU would've been pushing it at all to be honest, everyone on my course who's applied has got in I think. But then again, I think they have some link between their art department and ours, so maybe that's the reason. What did you do in Cambridge, anyway? There isn't really a lot there apart from a few museums and obviously the university, it's a bit boring.

Yessss, it's obviously fate or something :tongue: Why did you apply if you didn't like it? I wouldn't worry too much, it sounds like you've done more preparation than I did. I just turned up with the same stuff as my NTU interview since that was the week before, and I planned to say pretty much the same things. To be honest, I didn't want to go there until after my interview when I looked around. I wasn't even going to go to the interview, but my tutor wanted me to go 'cause she thought I'd like it. I guess she was right! but no, I think relaxing's alright :wink:
Original post by Village Whisper
Ah, maybe. There are some really good people on DeviantArt, but then there are those where you're looking at their work and it's like...Wtf, do you really think that's good?? I'd hate to be one of those people! But yeah I put it in, that Flickr thing is literally what I sent to Brighton (minus a writing bit at the start). I guess I'm an art whore then, too :tongue: I like photo-realistic things, but only when the subject matter is interesting too. Otherwise it's just a bit boring, even if it's technically amazing. But yeah, you'd better because I'm really interested now :smile:

Oooooooh, I thought it was one of those various bottles of stuff you can mix into it! :rolleyes: I don't think ARU would've been pushing it at all to be honest, everyone on my course who's applied has got in I think. But then again, I think they have some link between their art department and ours, so maybe that's the reason. What did you do in Cambridge, anyway? There isn't really a lot there apart from a few museums and obviously the university, it's a bit boring.

Yessss, it's obviously fate or something :tongue: Why did you apply if you didn't like it? I wouldn't worry too much, it sounds like you've done more preparation than I did. I just turned up with the same stuff as my NTU interview since that was the week before, and I planned to say pretty much the same things. To be honest, I didn't want to go there until after my interview when I looked around. I wasn't even going to go to the interview, but my tutor wanted me to go 'cause she thought I'd like it. I guess she was right! but no, I think relaxing's alright :wink:

hehe thats the same reason why i dont post on deviantart! hehe art whores ftw! i'l make a flikr thing tomarrow, i just got back and im being lazy and sleepy right now :3 yeah but ARU want like pretty good a levels results, and mine are **** ahaha. we went to see cambridge university i think, the food there was awesome! well thats all i remember apart from the chewing gum on the floor and the massive library :tongue:

no i did like bcu! just not after i got rejected ahahah, the long list of sexy clubs to get drunk in bham was amonsgt the factors! :tongue: i had my interview today and it was kinda average D: i mean the guy didnt give out any hints of how i performed, so im a lil scared and unsure :frown: tricky questions the dude asked! and i think he hinted at that i wasnt a much of a conceptualist thinker but i hope he saw my potential! so im gonna be worried for a whole week till i hears back now :c
hehe thats the same reason why i dont post on deviantart! hehe art whores ftw! i'l make a flikr thing tomarrow, i just got back and im being lazy and sleepy right now :3 yeah but ARU want like pretty good a levels results, and mine are **** ahaha. we went to see cambridge university i think, the food there was awesome! well thats all i remember apart from the chewing gum on the floor and the massive library :tongue:

no i did like bcu! just not after i got rejected ahahah, the long list of sexy clubs to get drunk in bham was amonsgt the factors! :tongue: i had my interview today and it was kinda average D: i mean the guy didnt give out any hints of how i performed, so im a lil scared and unsure :frown: tricky questions the dude asked! and i think he hinted at that i wasnt a much of a conceptualist thinker but i hope he saw my potential! so im gonna be worried for a whole week till i hears back now :c

It's okay to be lazy after interviews, you're allowed :wink: I don't think I really looked at the entry requirements for any of the places I applied haha, I went to a pretty clever-ish sixth form (not private though), and everyone likes foundations so I didn't worry much about that. Oh well, that was ages ago now! The area where some of the colleges are in Cambridge actually is pretty posh...Whenever I walk by them I kinda wish I hated art and was going to do French or English or something, so I could have applied there. The buildings are sooooo nice and old and stuff. I guess I could've gone for Oxford, but I never would have got in.

At least your interview didn't go badly! They reply really quickly too, compared to everywhere else, so you don't have long to wait. Anyway, I didn't think illustration was really about conceptual thinking? :s-smilie: Hopefully you got in, though :smile:
It's okay to be lazy after interviews, you're allowed :wink: I don't think I really looked at the entry requirements for any of the places I applied haha, I went to a pretty clever-ish sixth form (not private though), and everyone likes foundations so I didn't worry much about that. Oh well, that was ages ago now! The area where some of the colleges are in Cambridge actually is pretty posh...Whenever I walk by them I kinda wish I hated art and was going to do French or English or something, so I could have applied there. The buildings are sooooo nice and old and stuff. I guess I could've gone for Oxford, but I never would have got in.

At least your interview didn't go badly! They reply really quickly too, compared to everywhere else, so you don't have long to wait. Anyway, I didn't think illustration was really about conceptual thinking? :s-smilie: Hopefully you got in, though :smile:

oh i wanna live in cambridge, i love the look of old buildings! they seem classy hehe, making me jealous :frown: is everything so pretty there? :3 are you like an smart ass whose doing art? :tongue:

nobody replies as quick as coventry! got my offer at the interview lmao. yeah but my bcu went great and i got rejected for that, so it makes me doubt it kinda :c i thought that tooo! until foundation, when everything you do need to have some sort of meaning or hidden subliminal message that makes the art seems 'deeper' than what it really is ¬¬
one of the reason i find illustration annoying and wanna do fine art where i can just get into fun immediately without any philoshophy crap!
oh i wanna live in cambridge, i love the look of old buildings! they seem classy hehe, making me jealous :frown: is everything so pretty there? :3 are you like an smart ass whose doing art? :tongue:

nobody replies as quick as coventry! got my offer at the interview lmao. yeah but my bcu went great and i got rejected for that, so it makes me doubt it kinda :c i thought that tooo! until foundation, when everything you do need to have some sort of meaning or hidden subliminal message that makes the art seems 'deeper' than what it really is ¬¬
one of the reason i find illustration annoying and wanna do fine art where i can just get into fun immediately without any philoshophy crap!

Me too, I'd like to live in some old converted building or something when I'm older, like a barn or chapel. There was a really nice house from the 1800s on Relocation, Relocation this evening :tongue: Most places are pretty nice yeah, especially where the colleges are and the little back alleys with the little old houses. There's one that supposedly has some "haunted" houses down it which is pretty nice haha.

That depends on your definition of "smart ass" :tongue: I'm not a genius or anything, but I get pretty good grades an' stuff...It's not like I chose to do art instead of other subjects, though. Like, it's the only thing I've ever properly considered doing. I have a long list of things I might do if I was rubbish at it though, and the top of that's probably French or English Literature, but still. Anyway, my work's pretty much based on books and language a lot of the time, so it's sort of like I'm doing other subjects too :smile:

Well yeah, that was pretty quick I guess! Brighton took 6 weeks to reply to me though, and that was just to let me know if I'd got an interview. Don't doubt, be optimistic :smile:

Haha, well, I can't really say that my work is devoid of meaning, but I wouldn't say it's especially "deep" either. I kind of like the intellectual stuff, but only when it's clearly connected to what I'm physically doing. I hate when so-called "artists" make something that looks really boring/simple/blehh and then talk about how it represents the significance of the _____, or how it's a juxtaposition of the ____ and the ____ or some form of social commentary. I mean, fair enough if you can actually see something in the piece that relates it to all these abstract and pretentious ideas, but when it's just a big box with a hole in it or something and people actually agree with what they're saying, I get soooo annoyed. There is no talent required to do that whatsoever, and yet those "contemporary artists" get more recognition than people I think are actually amazing. Urgh.
Me too, I'd like to live in some old converted building or something when I'm older, like a barn or chapel. There was a really nice house from the 1800s on Relocation, Relocation this evening :tongue: Most places are pretty nice yeah, especially where the colleges are and the little back alleys with the little old houses. There's one that supposedly has some "haunted" houses down it which is pretty nice haha.

That depends on your definition of "smart ass" :tongue: I'm not a genius or anything, but I get pretty good grades an' stuff...It's not like I chose to do art instead of other subjects, though. Like, it's the only thing I've ever properly considered doing. I have a long list of things I might do if I was rubbish at it though, and the top of that's probably French or English Literature, but still. Anyway, my work's pretty much based on books and language a lot of the time, so it's sort of like I'm doing other subjects too :smile:

Well yeah, that was pretty quick I guess! Brighton took 6 weeks to reply to me though, and that was just to let me know if I'd got an interview. Don't doubt, be optimistic :smile:

Haha, well, I can't really say that my work is devoid of meaning, but I wouldn't say it's especially "deep" either. I kind of like the intellectual stuff, but only when it's clearly connected to what I'm physically doing. I hate when so-called "artists" make something that looks really boring/simple/blehh and then talk about how it represents the significance of the _____, or how it's a juxtaposition of the ____ and the ____ or some form of social commentary. I mean, fair enough if you can actually see something in the piece that relates it to all these abstract and pretentious ideas, but when it's just a big box with a hole in it or something and people actually agree with what they're saying, I get soooo annoyed. There is no talent required to do that whatsoever, and yet those "contemporary artists" get more recognition than people I think are actually amazing. Urgh.

mwaha i watch relocation, relocation every now and then :tongue: i wanna live in venice! or any other rennaisannce style city! speaking of renaiisance, i went to the da vinci exhibition a few weeks ago, my face was a few centimetres away from his original drawings (; ohhh haunted houses,i loves watching ghost shows!

it seems like you are a smart ass then (; yeah i used to be smart too, until i was like fjck that crap, andthen just focused on getting better at art, but then i failed an a-level and got an E in physics :tongue: i think im hellbent on imporving my techinical ability, so i need to improve me ideas! i do that tooo, but instead i like to use historical references in art, so thats like puttin history and philosophy in to it!

yeah your right, i guess being optimistic is the best way to go about! :smile:yeah i like it in that way too, like having a vague meaning connected to my art work, but im pretty bad at it so i need to work on that aspect of my art a lot more :tongue: omg that annoys me so much tooo! like when i first started my foundation course all of the tutors were like kind of feeding us that kind of crap art, telling us to break out of our comfort zone and do tht kind of art poop. well it was good in helping us train to think of wierd ideas but it gets too silly when most of the fine artist on my foundation course do that crap, like theres one guy who just nailed a shelve onto a wall and hung a gask mask on it and let paint drip off it and called it art ¬.¬
and dumbass artist like damien hurst (his stuff is pretty good but still theres not skill compared to say for example comic artist whom are pretty much neglected in art despite the techincal skill and imagination) and that wierd women whom had her rubbish tipped next to a side of a bedside. but we need these kind of artist so we normal artist can rant out and prove a point abou thehe :tongue:
mwaha i watch relocation, relocation every now and then :tongue: i wanna live in venice! or any other rennaisannce style city! speaking of renaiisance, i went to the da vinci exhibition a few weeks ago, my face was a few centimetres away from his original drawings (; ohhh haunted houses,i loves watching ghost shows!

it seems like you are a smart ass then (; yeah i used to be smart too, until i was like fjck that crap, andthen just focused on getting better at art, but then i failed an a-level and got an E in physics :tongue: i think im hellbent on imporving my techinical ability, so i need to improve me ideas! i do that tooo, but instead i like to use historical references in art, so thats like puttin history and philosophy in to it!

yeah your right, i guess being optimistic is the best way to go about! :smile:yeah i like it in that way too, like having a vague meaning connected to my art work, but im pretty bad at it so i need to work on that aspect of my art a lot more :tongue: omg that annoys me so much tooo! like when i first started my foundation course all of the tutors were like kind of feeding us that kind of crap art, telling us to break out of our comfort zone and do tht kind of art poop. well it was good in helping us train to think of wierd ideas but it gets too silly when most of the fine artist on my foundation course do that crap, like theres one guy who just nailed a shelve onto a wall and hung a gask mask on it and let paint drip off it and called it art ¬.¬
and dumbass artist like damien hurst (his stuff is pretty good but still theres not skill compared to say for example comic artist whom are pretty much neglected in art despite the techincal skill and imagination) and that wierd women whom had her rubbish tipped next to a side of a bedside. but we need these kind of artist so we normal artist can rant out and prove a point abou thehe :tongue:

They're all repeats from 2004 at the moment :frown: I've never been to Venice, it looks nice though. Where was the exhibition? I went to the National Portrait Gallery recently, but I didn't go into the Freud bit...I'm really regretting that now, everyone who's been said it was really good :/ I love those American "real life" ghost programmes where actors act out what "happened" while the real people do mini-interviews an' stuff. My sister and I watch them when we're on holiday while getting ready to go out in the evening, they're so fun :smile: Some of them are actually quite scary, too...I love American tv.

Nahhh, not really :tongue: I've never got an E though! I never bother trying to improve anything really, but I probably should. I do want to get good (or amazing haha) at oil painting, though. Preferably before I have to start my final piece!

Where did you do your foundation? None of my tutors are like that, they let us do what we want really. I can't think of anyone on my course who's like that either, which is lucky 'cause I wouldn't know what to say during a peer review! I hate Damien Hirst, and that pretentious idiot Saatchi. I was actually thinking of Tracey Emin when I wrote that mini-rant :tongue: Her face annoys me too, she looks like she's sneering all the time...
They're all repeats from 2004 at the moment :frown: I've never been to Venice, it looks nice though. Where was the exhibition? I went to the National Portrait Gallery recently, but I didn't go into the Freud bit...I'm really regretting that now, everyone who's been said it was really good :/ I love those American "real life" ghost programmes where actors act out what "happened" while the real people do mini-interviews an' stuff. My sister and I watch them when we're on holiday while getting ready to go out in the evening, they're so fun :smile: Some of them are actually quite scary, too...I love American tv.

Nahhh, not really :tongue: I've never got an E though! I never bother trying to improve anything really, but I probably should. I do want to get good (or amazing haha) at oil painting, though. Preferably before I have to start my final piece!

Where did you do your foundation? None of my tutors are like that, they let us do what we want really. I can't think of anyone on my course who's like that either, which is lucky 'cause I wouldn't know what to say during a peer review! I hate Damien Hirst, and that pretentious idiot Saatchi. I was actually thinking of Tracey Emin when I wrote that mini-rant :tongue: Her face annoys me too, she looks like she's sneering all the time...

hehe i wanna go venice, like it looks cool and pretty in the renaissance period well from atleast it does in the assassins creed games :tongue: the da vinci exhibition was in the birmigham museum, but it ended on the 23rd of march or something, and i think it will be hosted at other galleries across the UK for part of the queens jubilee crap or something lol. iv been to the national portrait gallery a few times, sexy amount of motivation it gives out! like smakes me wanna grab a brush and paint, tis amazing the amount of allure classical paintings give out! i think wherever uni i go to, i want to like organize trips to different cities or countries even to view art stuff, like from outside of the uni/ studio time, kind off making a small group of freinds from the art courses, like a pact, going on trips together and stuff, or even go out sketchng in public, like a sketch group! that would be coool! thought personally i find it uber scary when drawing out in coffee shops or bus journeys for some reason! oh you mean stuff like ghost hunters? lmao most haunted at times is soooo fake! especially that derek geezer :tongue: i love american documentary shiz, anything geeky, science fiction reference, sword/gun fights, nudity, monsters, stuff :tongue:

it does get a bit tedious when you are trying to improve the techinical bits of art, like drawing the same thing over and over again, i did that once like 2 summers ago on the human figure, i just sat at home for like 6 weeks reading up on anatomoy and drawing it lots, since then i know pretty much all of the muscles and bones of the human body lolol :tongue: i dont know if you done a oil painting or not, like a completed one, but be warned, its SO FRUSTRATING for the first few pieces, like understanding the basic of mixing the correct colours and seeing how brush strokes work, blending, and working fast, i know oils take ages to dry, but you'l be amazed at how annoying it gets when painting in layers and getting back to finish it and knowing that that part of the painting is dried and then you cant blend it in and then you just have to start from scratch again!

im doing my foundation course at coventry, lame home town heheh, i think my tutors are like that course they want to force us to think differentyl and become better artist with silly newer ungeneric ideas probably, gosh i want to slap damien hurst! he kinda looks like one of my tutor which likes that kinda of art, heheh these 'contemporary' artist seems to share the same 'swag' or something :tongue:
p.s: i hope thing uber long reply will suffice for the late reply heheh!
(edited 12 years ago)
hehe i wanna go venice, like it looks cool and pretty in the renaissance period well from atleast it does in the assassins creed games :tongue: the da vinci exhibition was in the birmigham museum, but it ended on the 23rd of march or something, and i think it will be hosted at other galleries across the UK for part of the queens jubilee crap or something lol. iv been to the national portrait gallery a few times, sexy amount of motivation it gives out! like smakes me wanna grab a brush and paint, tis amazing the amount of allure classical paintings give out! i think wherever uni i go to, i want to like organize trips to different cities or countries even to view art stuff, like from outside of the uni/ studio time, kind off making a small group of freinds from the art courses, like a pact, going on trips together and stuff, or even go out sketchng in public, like a sketch group! that would be coool! thought personally i find it uber scary when drawing out in coffee shops or bus journeys for some reason! oh you mean stuff like ghost hunters? lmao most haunted at times is soooo fake! especially that derek geezer :tongue: i love american documentary shiz, anything geeky, science fiction reference, sword/gun fights, nudity, monsters, stuff :tongue:

it does get a bit tedious when you are trying to improve the techinical bits of art, like drawing the same thing over and over again, i did that once like 2 summers ago on the human figure, i just sat at home for like 6 weeks reading up on anatomoy and drawing it lots, since then i know pretty much all of the muscles and bones of the human body lolol :tongue: i dont know if you done a oil painting or not, like a completed one, but be warned, its SO FRUSTRATING for the first few pieces, like understanding the basic of mixing the correct colours and seeing how brush strokes work, blending, and working fast, i know oils take ages to dry, but you'l be amazed at how annoying it gets when painting in layers and getting back to finish it and knowing that that part of the painting is dried and then you cant blend it in and then you just have to start from scratch again!

im doing my foundation course at coventry, lame home town heheh, i think my tutors are like that course they want to force us to think differentyl and become better artist with silly newer ungeneric ideas probably, gosh i want to slap damien hurst! he kinda looks like one of my tutor which likes that kinda of art, heheh these 'contemporary' artist seems to share the same 'swag' or something :tongue:
p.s: i hope thing uber long reply will suffice for the late reply heheh!

Haha, typical guy thing to say :tongue: It probably does though, I'm sure they do loads of research into game locations and stuff. I don't love classical paintings to be honest, I find them a bit boring. I mean, they're good and everything, but I prefer modern stuff. I want to go to different galleries and things too, but I'd like to go to other countries as well as here. There are a few American gallery websites I look at a lot, and I'd like to actually go to them. That'd cost loads though. I've never drawn stuff in public places...Not observational, anyway.

Haha yeah, I think Ghost Hunters was one of them. I like all the CBS Reality programmes too, like all the police ones and Unsolved Mysteries. And Bondi Rescue :smile: That's obviously Australian though...

I can't say I've ever done that before, either! I've never really had a problem with technical drawing though, so I haven't felt the need to practice. I do one or two pencil drawings of famous people (like that one on Flickr) a year though, which is sort of practice 'cause they get better each time I do them. No, I haven't done a completed oil painting yet, just some small bits in my sketchbook. I'll bear that in mind, though :smile: According to my Statement of Intent week plan I should be starting my final piece next week, which is never going to happen 'cause I have loads more work to do before I decide what it's going to be. I hope it's okay in the end, though :frown:

I don't mind late replies, but make a Flickr account please!!! :tongue:
Haha, typical guy thing to say :tongue: It probably does though, I'm sure they do loads of research into game locations and stuff. I don't love classical paintings to be honest, I find them a bit boring. I mean, they're good and everything, but I prefer modern stuff. I want to go to different galleries and things too, but I'd like to go to other countries as well as here. There are a few American gallery websites I look at a lot, and I'd like to actually go to them. That'd cost loads though. I've never drawn stuff in public places...Not observational, anyway.

Haha yeah, I think Ghost Hunters was one of them. I like all the CBS Reality programmes too, like all the police ones and Unsolved Mysteries. And Bondi Rescue :smile: That's obviously Australian though...

I can't say I've ever done that before, either! I've never really had a problem with technical drawing though, so I haven't felt the need to practice. I do one or two pencil drawings of famous people (like that one on Flickr) a year though, which is sort of practice 'cause they get better each time I do them. No, I haven't done a completed oil painting yet, just some small bits in my sketchbook. I'll bear that in mind, though :smile: According to my Statement of Intent week plan I should be starting my final piece next week, which is never going to happen 'cause I have loads more work to do before I decide what it's going to be. I hope it's okay in the end, though :frown:

I don't mind late replies, but make a Flickr account please!!! :tongue:

classical paintings are kinda boring, but you learn so much from them when you study them! drawing in public is pretty scary! well maybe because i dont like people to see what im drawing :tongue:

yah, the cbs ones are pretty interesting, also like the nature/ historical stuffs, weapon, factory, how its made, bear grylls stuff.

had my interview for wolverhampton yesterday its was sooo easy, they were practically b*mming me aha, the guy said 'i'd be fine' woo! i havent drawn any famous pople for ages! i usually just end up drawing my own face ahah, do you do your oils in sketchbooks? you should try them on canvas sheets!
im sooo behind on my statment thing tooo! whats your fmp on? mines on about persues and medusa, going to modernise it and make a movie poster! but im slacking so much! went to a gig yday, and is so battered and bruised from the moshing D:

oh and i have made a flickr account, just in the process of uploading the pictures on it, im being lazy :tongue:
oh and like omg, i got an offer for loughborough! looks like i'l be annoying you soon in person in september (;
classical paintings are kinda boring, but you learn so much from them when you study them! drawing in public is pretty scary! well maybe because i dont like people to see what im drawing :tongue:

yah, the cbs ones are pretty interesting, also like the nature/ historical stuffs, weapon, factory, how its made, bear grylls stuff.

had my interview for wolverhampton yesterday its was sooo easy, they were practically b*mming me aha, the guy said 'i'd be fine' woo! i havent drawn any famous pople for ages! i usually just end up drawing my own face ahah, do you do your oils in sketchbooks? you should try them on canvas sheets!
im sooo behind on my statment thing tooo! whats your fmp on? mines on about persues and medusa, going to modernise it and make a movie poster! but im slacking so much! went to a gig yday, and is so battered and bruised from the moshing D:

oh and i have made a flickr account, just in the process of uploading the pictures on it, im being lazy :tongue:
oh and like omg, i got an offer for loughborough! looks like i'l be annoying you soon in person in september (;

Yeah you're right, you can learn loads from them. My grandma has these posters of old paintings around her house and when she talks about them, I can tell why she loves them. Even if I find them less than thrilling :tongue: I don't like people seeing what I'm doing until it's finished, because it annoys me when I'm half way through and they're all "oh that's really good!" or something, 'cause it's not finished!

Ooh good, so you've probably got an offer? I draw myself loads too, I don't like asking people to let me draw them and I can make myself look how I want. Yeah I've just been using them in my sketchbook at the moment, playing around with them and stuff. I have some paper for acrylics, do you think that would work? Your FMP sounds interesting :smile: Mine's about multiple personalities, basically, but it's ending up being pretty focused on Fight Club. Please say you've seen/read it?? And who did you go see? And, hurry up with your Flickr :tongue:

Ohmygod I cannot believe you made me wait til the end to say you have an offer!!! I had my fingers crossed and everything :tongue: YAY!!! Oooh, now you have to firm it and start worrying about accommodation with me :smile: There's another girl who's going for illustration on here by the way, and we've been debating the pros and cons of ensuites/shared bathrooms on one of the other threads. I still haven't found any fine art people, though :frown:
Yeah you're right, you can learn loads from them. My grandma has these posters of old paintings around her house and when she talks about them, I can tell why she loves them. Even if I find them less than thrilling :tongue: I don't like people seeing what I'm doing until it's finished, because it annoys me when I'm half way through and they're all "oh that's really good!" or something, 'cause it's not finished!

Ooh good, so you've probably got an offer? I draw myself loads too, I don't like asking people to let me draw them and I can make myself look how I want. Yeah I've just been using them in my sketchbook at the moment, playing around with them and stuff. I have some paper for acrylics, do you think that would work? Your FMP sounds interesting :smile: Mine's about multiple personalities, basically, but it's ending up being pretty focused on Fight Club. Please say you've seen/read it?? And who did you go see? And, hurry up with your Flickr :tongue:

Ohmygod I cannot believe you made me wait til the end to say you have an offer!!! I had my fingers crossed and everything :tongue: YAY!!! Oooh, now you have to firm it and start worrying about accommodation with me :smile: There's another girl who's going for illustration on here by the way, and we've been debating the pros and cons of ensuites/shared bathrooms on one of the other threads. I still haven't found any fine art people, though :frown:

ahah! though i liked old paintings ever since my art teacher from a-level told be to replicate old paintings and drawings, in that way i can learn how they did their stuff so masterfully! well it slightly helps :tongue: yeahh i dont like it when people look at it incase they think my drawing is poop ahah.

i dont see why they wouldnt give an offer hehe, but alteast i has my lufboro one now <3 nooo dont use acrlyic paper, it works but the oils feel wierd on them lol, like you cant blend so properly, i use canvas paper as an alternative, i have paper on fabric canvas ever since the alevel dayyyss. i think i have seen fight club :tongue: i went to see odd future! seen them twice now, im quite the gig person, ive seen wu tang clan, got punched by method man (; got a hug off yelawolf (on eminem's shady record), shook hands with wiz khalifa and met tyga off young money (; have patience, flickr soon :3

mwahah! i purposely kept it so that it was the last thing i wrote :tongue: i think im just gonna go with any cheap accomodation ahah! i wouldnt mind living like a slob but most of the accomodations at lufobor looks sexy! yeah i think ive been stalking her forum posts, goes by the name of lucy? :tongue: i has found 2 so far :3 give it more time! you'l find a few poeplee :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
ahah! though i liked old paintings ever since my art teacher from a-level told be to replicate old paintings and drawings, in that way i can learn how they did their stuff so masterfully! well it slightly helps :tongue: yeahh i dont like it when people look at it incase they think my drawing is poop ahah.

i dont see why they wouldnt give an offer hehe, but alteast i has my lufboro one now <3 nooo dont use acrlyic paper, it works but the oils feel wierd on them lol, like you cant blend so properly, i use canvas paper as an alternative, i have paper on fabric canvas ever since the alevel dayyyss. i think i have seen fight club :tongue: i went to see odd future! seen them twice now, im quite the gig person, ive seen wu tang clan, got punched by method man (; got a hug off yelawolf (on eminem's shady record), shook hands with wiz khalifa and met tyga off young money (; have patience, flickr soon :3

mwahah! i purposely kept it so that it was the last thing i wrote :tongue: i think im just gonna go with any cheap accomodation ahah! i wouldnt mind living like a slob but most of the accomodations at lufobor looks sexy! yeah i think ive been stalking her forum posts, goes by the name of lucy? :tongue: i has found 2 so far :3 give it more time! you'l find a few poeplee :smile:

I've never done that before, it sounds very time-consuming :tongue:

I don't have any canvas paper, where can you get it from? I reeeeally need to start my final piece or it'll never dry in time, but I still don't know what I'm doing yet and I keep getting distracted...Haha, no one's seen Fight Club in my class including my tutors, which is annoying 'cause I can't explain what my project's about without ruining the story for anyone who might read/watch it. And...I have no idea who those people are except Wiz Khalifa and Tyga. He looks really skinny in the Bedrock video, and he's Travie McCoy's cousin...and that's about all I know :tongue:

So you're definitely going? :smile: Oh, and did you get a conditional offer like mine? There are too many halls to choose from. And yeah, that's her. What's your name btw? Mine's on my Flickr somewhere, I wonder if you noticed :tongue: There don't seem to have been many fine art people on older threads for previous years, either. I started a new thread a few weeks ago though, so hopefully if any do appear they'll post haha.
I've never done that before, it sounds very time-consuming :tongue:

I don't have any canvas paper, where can you get it from? I reeeeally need to start my final piece or it'll never dry in time, but I still don't know what I'm doing yet and I keep getting distracted...Haha, no one's seen Fight Club in my class including my tutors, which is annoying 'cause I can't explain what my project's about without ruining the story for anyone who might read/watch it. And...I have no idea who those people are except Wiz Khalifa and Tyga. He looks really skinny in the Bedrock video, and he's Travie McCoy's cousin...and that's about all I know :tongue:

So you're definitely going? :smile: Oh, and did you get a conditional offer like mine? There are too many halls to choose from. And yeah, that's her. What's your name btw? Mine's on my Flickr somewhere, I wonder if you noticed :tongue: There don't seem to have been many fine art people on older threads for previous years, either. I started a new thread a few weeks ago though, so hopefully if any do appear they'll post haha.

theres a shop near where i live called 'the range' where you can buy canvas and canvas sheets, the canvas paper is generally a lot cheaper which i use to practice on, i also have a list of websites if you want where you can get them from hehe. yeah me too! im wasting too much time messing about at uni and playing cards! and im off to berlin for the foundation trip in a weeks time, which ass to the time loss D: hehe im going to see tyga again soon in like a months time <3 what kind of music are you in to?

ive got fight club but ive yet to watch it properly heheh.
yup, for defo! and all i need is a pass for my foundation :biggrin: and i already got my wolves offer back in like 1 and a half days! i think i wanna go to the falkner eggington place well for first its sooo cheap which means i can live comfortably and waste my money on crap rather than paying for an expensive room! :biggrin: my names amit, boring, stupid silly
name, not as exciting and adventurous as yours! :tongue: rachael right? :tongue:
hehe i saw that thread, its feeling quite neglected :tongue:
go on this website and make an account, im gonna do one, it should help your find some fine arty people at loughborough! :3
http://yougo.co.uk/

oh and im uploading my pics on flickr as im typing this (;
(edited 12 years ago)
theres a shop near where i live called 'the range' where you can buy canvas and canvas sheets, the canvas paper is generally a lot cheaper which i use to practice on, i also have a list of websites if you want where you can get them from hehe. yeah me too! im wasting too much time messing about at uni and playing cards! and im off to berlin for the foundation trip in a weeks time, which ass to the time loss D: hehe im going to see tyga again soon in like a months time <3 what kind of music are you in to?

ive got fight club but ive yet to watch it properly heheh.
yup, for defo! and all i need is a pass for my foundation :biggrin: and i already got my wolves offer back in like 1 and a half days! i think i wanna go to the falkner eggington place well for first its sooo cheap which means i can live comfortably and waste my money on crap rather than paying for an expensive room! :biggrin: my names amit, boring, stupid silly
name, not as exciting and adventurous as yours! :tongue: rachael right? :tongue:
hehe i saw that thread, its feeling quite neglected :tongue:
go on this website and make an account, im gonna do one, it should help your find some fine arty people at loughborough! :3
http://yougo.co.uk/

oh and im uploading my pics on flickr as im typing this (;

Ooh, could I please have the list? :smile: The nearest art shop to where I live is pretty expensive, but I might have a look tomorrow to see if they have any. The clear stuff you mix oil paints with is kinda soaking through my paper and making it see-through in places :frown: Haha, cards?? Some people on my course went to Berlin in February, and some are in New York this week. I'd have loved to go to both, but it was expensive and when you had to book it I didn't know anyone, and since I'm not the most sociable person I thought I'd better not haha.

Erm, honestly I like loads of music. I used to be pretty into metal and "emo" stuff when I was younger, but not so much now. I still like some of it, though. I like old stuff like The Smiths, Queen, Elvis Presley...And country stuff like Taylor Swift...And Tyler Hilton from One Tree Hill :tongue: Then I listen to Radio 1 a lot too, so some of that kinda music's okay too. Idk, I like lots! It depends on my mood, really.

You neeeeed to watch it. Well done on your other offer :smile: Did you know that Falkner Eggington is moving to Village Court for this year? The other building's being renovated or something, so they're moving to the one that was redone this year. I kinda want an ensuite, but Village Court does look nice and it's pretty cheap. And that sounds very sarcastic, my name's not exciting and adventurous at all! Is Amit Indian-ish or Arabic, by any chance? It's far from boring :tongue:

Yes it is neglected, unfortunately. Oh well. Yeah I made an account for that website a while back, but I've never actually looked properly. Hopefully someone will be doing the same course as me.

And, does that mean you've done your Flickr by now??
Ooh, could I please have the list? :smile: The nearest art shop to where I live is pretty expensive, but I might have a look tomorrow to see if they have any. The clear stuff you mix oil paints with is kinda soaking through my paper and making it see-through in places :frown: Haha, cards?? Some people on my course went to Berlin in February, and some are in New York this week. I'd have loved to go to both, but it was expensive and when you had to book it I didn't know anyone, and since I'm not the most sociable person I thought I'd better not haha.

Erm, honestly I like loads of music. I used to be pretty into metal and "emo" stuff when I was younger, but not so much now. I still like some of it, though. I like old stuff like The Smiths, Queen, Elvis Presley...And country stuff like Taylor Swift...And Tyler Hilton from One Tree Hill :tongue: Then I listen to Radio 1 a lot too, so some of that kinda music's okay too. Idk, I like lots! It depends on my mood, really.

You neeeeed to watch it. Well done on your other offer :smile: Did you know that Falkner Eggington is moving to Village Court for this year? The other building's being renovated or something, so they're moving to the one that was redone this year. I kinda want an ensuite, but Village Court does look nice and it's pretty cheap. And that sounds very sarcastic, my name's not exciting and adventurous at all! Is Amit Indian-ish or Arabic, by any chance? It's far from boring :tongue:

Yes it is neglected, unfortunately. Oh well. Yeah I made an account for that website a while back, but I've never actually looked properly. Hopefully someone will be doing the same course as me.

And, does that mean you've done your Flickr by now??

i send you my list as soon as i have found the paper i wrote it on :3 and thats linseed oil that makes the paper the seem all see-through-y, bit like you'v just smeared a piece of fried chicken on it lol :tongue: wuchu mean you isnt anti-social! you just wait till freshers, i will turn you into the most social person ever! (;

hehe it seems like you have a indie-y music taste :tongue: i likes a few old stuffs like queen, elvis and crap there an old guitarist which i forgot the name tooo! :angry: have you been to any gigs?
i will watch it sooner :tongue: so will the egg place prices will be the same? D: i really want a cheap place heheh :tongue: rachael is a cool name! (; the name is indianish, but im far from indian! well i wouldnt fit into that catergory as i dislike indian food, the music,and pretty much act white :tongue:
yup i'l give you my super long list as soon as i find the paper i wrote it on heheh :tongue: yeah its the linseed oil that makes the make feel as if you've smeared fried chicken all over it ahah :tongue:

yeah you should try that website no, probably would be able to find someone since people must have gotten there offers on that by now! :smile:
and ive almost done my flickr i just goto take photos of my oil paintings and then im done! i'l send you the link todayyy (;
(edited 12 years ago)
i send you my list as soon as i have found the paper i wrote it on :3 and thats linseed oil that makes the paper the seem all see-through-y, bit like you'v just smeared a piece of fried chicken on it lol :tongue: wuchu mean you isnt anti-social! you just wait till freshers, i will turn you into the most social person ever! (;

hehe it seems like you have a indie-y music taste :tongue: i likes a few old stuffs like queen, elvis and crap there an old guitarist which i forgot the name tooo! :angry: have you been to any gigs?
i will watch it sooner :tongue: so will the egg place prices will be the same? D: i really want a cheap place heheh :tongue: rachael is a cool name! (; the name is indianish, but im far from indian! well i wouldnt fit into that catergory as i dislike indian food, the music,and pretty much act white :tongue:
yup i'l give you my super long list as soon as i find the paper i wrote it on heheh :tongue: yeah its the linseed oil that makes the make feel as if you've smeared fried chicken all over it ahah :tongue:

yeah you should try that website no, probably would be able to find someone since people must have gotten there offers on that by now! :smile:
and ive almost done my flickr i just goto take photos of my oil paintings and then im done! i'l send you the link todayyy (;

Oh that's okay, take your time :smile: Haha, I guess it does look a bit like that. And nooo, I'm not social at all anymore, but I want to be!

Oooh, I like Kyo too, they're French. Old stuff's good :smile: Nope I don't really do things like that, there are too many people and I don't really like big crowds :frown: Haha, "the egg place"! I had no idea what you meant for a minute there. It says the rooms are £3,264.30 for 2012/13, for a standard room. Here's the list: http://www.lboro.ac.uk/services/campus-living/accommodation/feesdocumentsandforms/Hall%20Fees%202012-13%20Returner%20Web%20Version%202.pdf

Nah, my name's boring and everyone spells it wrong. I feel like an idiot for asking this, but how do you pronounce your name? I quite liked Indian music when I was doing Music GCSE :tongue: My mum used to help me revise, and there were some names I was supposed to remember so we named one of the horses in the field next to ours Talvin :smile: I think Talvin Singh is an Indian fusion guy or something.

I had another look on the website, but there are some people doing fine art at Loughborough who started in 2010 :s-smilie: Most of them haven't put a date, but I don't know how I'm supposed to know who's going this year. Unless I'm missing some year of entry search thing.
Oh that's okay, take your time :smile: Haha, I guess it does look a bit like that. And nooo, I'm not social at all anymore, but I want to be!

Oooh, I like Kyo too, they're French. Old stuff's good :smile: Nope I don't really do things like that, there are too many people and I don't really like big crowds :frown: Haha, "the egg place"! I had no idea what you meant for a minute there. It says the rooms are £3,264.30 for 2012/13, for a standard room. Here's the list: http://www.lboro.ac.uk/services/campus-living/accommodation/feesdocumentsandforms/Hall%20Fees%202012-13%20Returner%20Web%20Version%202.pdf

Nah, my name's boring and everyone spells it wrong. I feel like an idiot for asking this, but how do you pronounce your name? I quite liked Indian music when I was doing Music GCSE :tongue: My mum used to help me revise, and there were some names I was supposed to remember so we named one of the horses in the field next to ours Talvin :smile: I think Talvin Singh is an Indian fusion guy or something.

I had another look on the website, but there are some people doing fine art at Loughborough who started in 2010 :s-smilie: Most of them haven't put a date, but I don't know how I'm supposed to know who's going this year. Unless I'm missing some year of entry search thing.

dont worry i can make you social! since im the only fun loughborough applicant you know atm it looks like you'l have to have all of my attention! being social is easyyy, i'l teach you hehehe,
awwwwww! why dont you like big crowds? dont knwo why but i fund that so cute! :tongue: is that the cheapest room? where abouts are you thinking of staying?? :smile:
rachael. i spelt it right! (; hehe its pronounced 'ah-mit', like 'damn it'. :tongue: indian music all sounds the same and gives me an heachache! :tongue: ahahah talvin the ponie :3 omg you live near ponies? thats sooo cooooool!
its doesnt really matter if you havent found any fine art people, atleast you have found me! :biggrin:
here is my flikr page you stinky bum!
the first oil painting is the closest to what i look like :3
enjoy rachel machel!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/78383569@N03/?saved=1
hurry up and reply! i gets excited when seeing you quote me and expecting to read a forum post ahah! can i steal your mobile number? so i can bother and annoy you morer through texting if you doesnt mind? pm me! :tongue: i wanna gets to know as many people before loughborough :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
dont worry i can make you social! since im the only fun loughborough applicant you know atm it looks like you'l have to have all of my attention! being social is easyyy, i'l teach you hehehe,
awwwwww! why dont you like big crowds? dont knwo why but i fund that so cute! :tongue: is that the cheapest room? where abouts are you thinking of staying?? :smile:
rachael. i spelt it right! (; hehe its pronounced 'ah-mit', like 'damn it'. :tongue: indian music all sounds the same and gives me an heachache! :tongue: ahahah talvin the ponie :3 omg you live near ponies? thats sooo cooooool!
its doesnt really matter if you havent found any fine art people, atleast you have found me! :biggrin:
here is my flikr page you stinky bum!
the first oil painting is the closest to what i look like :3
enjoy rachel machel!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/78383569@N03/?saved=1

Oh dear, that sounds a bit ominous! :tongue: It isn't easy at alllllll, but I don't want to tell you why 'cause then I'll know that you know and I don't want to be like that anymore :smile: Same for the big crowds.

Haha I don't know if that's the cheapest, don't be so lazy and look for yourself :tongue: Um, I'm still not sure. I'm going to make a list (I like lists!) of every room option in every place and order them so I have my first, second and third choices, and I can just go further down the list if none of those are available. I do like the idea of an ensuite though, so probably William Morris ensuite first. Idk though.

Yep, I was surprised you got it right the first time actually. And practically no one thinks of asking how to spell it before they write it on something important, which is annoying. It looks common without the A :tongue: Haha it doesn't all sound the same! Talvin the stallion, actually. Haven't seen him in a while, though, he only gets put in that field once a year for a specific purpose, since the rest of them in that field are girls :wink: Yeah, I have one pony now, but we used to have 2.

I had another quick look and I realised that if you click the actual course from the drop-down box it shows people for this year. There are only two girls, though.

And OMG I'm so jealous of your work!!! Seriously, I thought I'd think it was good, but I'm a bit picky about the type of stuff I actually like. That orange is adorable! And the broccoli's amazing too. Omg. And all the people. Especially that number 1 one, with all the lines and stuff. Urgh that's so annoying, I hate being jealous! :tongue: My Flickr is terrible compared to yours. Don't say it's not. Grrrrr!

Wanting to get to know as many people as you can before is a rubbish reason for wanting my number :wink: But...maaaaaybe. You'll have to persuade me somehow though. And I was watching Take Me Out when you posted that, which is why I didn't reply :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest