The Student Room Group

Inaccurate films that **** you off

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
the list goes ever on and on...
Now that you mention it, it irritates me that most of holywood disaster films 'disasters' are solved with nukes:

Earth stop spinning? Nuke it.

Asteroid going to hit the earth? Nuke it.

Aliens invading? Nuke' em.

Nuke advertising? :K:
Original post by lukas1051
You do know that actually happened, right?

Not everyone got the memo!

http://youtu.be/6IFdWBPRrxo
Reply 44

c) The plan to get the Earth's core spinning again is to set off some nuclear bombs. This is even more retarded that the bomb in Armageddon that can apparently blow apart an asteroid the size of Texas. I believe I have already mentioned that the core is a big iron ball the size of the moon, but sure a couple of well placed nukes will get it spinning again.
Regarding 'Armogeddon'... From the IMDb trivia section:
Regarding the film's premise, Ben Affleck asked director Michael Bay, "Wouldn't it be easier for NASA to train astronauts how to drill rather than training drillers to be astronauts?" Bay told Affleck to shut up.

Says it all, really.
Reply 45
I cant remember the name of it but a group of British soilders got something (think it was something to do with an enigma machine or codes to tell what the germans are saying to each other) off a uboat near the end of ww2 and helped win the war. yet in the film it was a group of American people who did this...
Reply 46
Inglorious Bastards.

WORLD WAR TWO HAS A FANTASTIC AND REALISTIC PLOT. YOU KNOW BECAUSE IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED. Why the hell do you want to kill Hitler? Seriously. What...

*grumpy old historian*
Reply 47
Original post by modini

Looks more like that.

Awww. Looks like a duck, a fox and an ostrich got jiggy.
Reply 48
Animals united.. It didn't look promising from the title screen, the title looked.. cheap. Then when it came to mouth and speech syncing, it was appalling. The voices don't fit in the movie.. like bad sound editing. and the plot line.. OH THE PLOT LINE IS SO FRUSTRATINGLY AWFUL

It starts in the desert with meerkats, one playing golf with poo and a stick. Then switched to australia where a kangaroo (That looks like a dog) runs from a bush fire with beer, meets a tazmanian devil which has a boring recurring 'gag' (It farts.), they walk off into the sunset. Then to a couple of tortoises on an island enjoying their 'anniversary'.. But then a boat comes out of nowhere and runs aground, and then the entire sea is covered in oil. THEN it switches to a polar waking up form hibernation. She walks onto the ice and falls through, tries to climb back up and it keeps breaking, so she swims under the ice sheet and tries to clamber into an ice float. Camera switches to some news reporter talking about the environment with 'business people' who get in Hummers and drive away while part of an iceberg breaks off and falls into the sea, back to the polar bear and it's suddenly night as she's standing on a single ice float in the sea...

THEN (It gets good now), then.. It switches to a chicken on a cruise ship held down by strings and knives, to which it breaks free as the chef turns around and makes for the window. Says something in a crappy french accent and jumps out... Now, the ship is out at sea.. jumping out the window is a bad idea.. Not to worry! He landed IN A FREAKIN BATHTUB.

If that wasn't random enough.. in the bathtub.. THERE ARE THE TURTLES, THE POLAR BEAR, THE KANGAROO AND THE TAZMANIAN DEVIL. HOW THE F**K DID THEY MEET UP???!?

THEN, they land in the desert and the CHICKEN announces they should look for water or something (I was too busy punching the pillow to remember). They meet up with the Meerkat and a nice lion, make their way to a dam, where the same news reporter is from the Arctic.

I can't say anything more about the movie from this point.. I took out the CD and tried to stop myself from putting it in the blender.. It was a rental movie...

It could only be made worse if Justin Bieber sang the soundtrack.
Reply 49
Original post by Steezy
Awww. Looks like a duck, a fox and an ostrich got jiggy.

Doxtrich?

Fostuck

Ostrix...
Reply 50
Original post by Ruthless Dutchman
Animals united.. It didn't look promising from the title screen, the title looked.. cheap. Then when it came to mouth and speech syncing, it was appalling. The voices don't fit in the movie.. like bad sound editing. and the plot line.. OH THE PLOT LINE IS SO FRUSTRATINGLY AWFUL

It starts in the desert with meerkats, one playing golf with poo and a stick. Then switched to australia where a kangaroo (That looks like a dog) runs from a bush fire with beer, meets a tazmanian devil which has a boring recurring 'gag' (It farts.), they walk off into the sunset. Then to a couple of tortoises on an island enjoying their 'anniversary'.. But then a boat comes out of nowhere and runs aground, and then the entire sea is covered in oil. THEN it switches to a polar waking up form hibernation. She walks onto the ice and falls through, tries to climb back up and it keeps breaking, so she swims under the ice sheet and tries to clamber into an ice float. Camera switches to some news reporter talking about the environment with 'business people' who get in Hummers and drive away while part of an iceberg breaks off and falls into the sea, back to the polar bear and it's suddenly night as she's standing on a single ice float in the sea...

THEN (It gets good now), then.. It switches to a chicken on a cruise ship held down by strings and knives, to which it breaks free as the chef turns around and makes for the window. Says something in a crappy french accent and jumps out... Now, the ship is out at sea.. jumping out the window is a bad idea.. Not to worry! He landed IN A FREAKIN BATHTUB.

If that wasn't random enough.. in the bathtub.. THERE ARE THE TURTLES, THE POLAR BEAR, THE KANGAROO AND THE TAZMANIAN DEVIL. HOW THE F**K DID THEY MEET UP???!?

THEN, they land in the desert and the CHICKEN announces they should look for water or something (I was too busy punching the pillow to remember). They meet up with the Meerkat and a nice lion, make their way to a dam, where the same news reporter is from the Arctic.

I can't say anything more about the movie from this point.. I took out the CD and tried to stop myself from putting it in the blender.. It was a rental movie...

It could only be made worse if Justin Bieber sang the soundtrack.

What the..? Are you sure that's a real film, and not a crazy dream you had?
Reply 51
Original post by syrettd
What the..? Are you sure that's a real film, and not a crazy dream you had?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1620449/

I just had a look.. it was originally French.. and is a U rated movie..

Hehheh.. F-U XD
Original post by Id and Ego seek

Original post by Id and Ego seek

Titanic.

Oh Tyson <3
Reply 53
Original post by Ruthless Dutchman
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1620449/

I just had a look.. it was originally French.. and is a U rated movie..

Hehheh.. F-U XD

Woah! That's right up there with The Hive for crazy WTF movies.

The Hive. I challenge anyone who has seen it to find ACCURATE science in it.

"We will not negotiate with ants!"
Reply 54
Original post by hannahchan

Original post by hannahchan
A Series of Unfortunate Events.. enough said.

They're true, didn't you read the books? Lemony Snicket risked his life researching the lives of the Baudelaire orphans and their terrible lives.
I thought the Cate Blanchett Elizabeth films were actually historically accurate when my Mum got them. Needless to say, the historical inaccuracies were atrocious. Same goes for Shakespeare in love (I expected fiction, but you know, an angst filled and mellow romance- that sort of thing. Instead it was a gender-bending rom-com with Gwyneth Paltrow. Big disappointment.)

If anyone has any great Tudor period movies that are historically accurate that they would recommend, let me know- I've been disappointed in that area. :smile:
Reply 56
Original post by JOR2010
They're true, didn't you read the books? Lemony Snicket risked his life researching the lives of the Baudelaire orphans and their terrible lives.

I thought it was a fantastic movie! I must read the books sometime!
As an Iranian 300 couldnt be further from the truth and so friggin unbelievably biased and the very definition of extreme exaggeration that the whole film just makes me wanna explode in rage (see the irony...iranian..explode...hehehe). I mean wtf, CMON!! THOSE DUDES HAD SHIELDS THAT PROTECTED THEM FROM GRENADES!!!! THEY DONT EVEN HAVE THAT KIND OF TECHNOLOGY TODAY!!!!!

The worst thing is that so many ppl actually take the film as historical fact. That whole film was borderline racist mockery of iranians. Aaaand, guess who the makers of it were....pro-israeli zionist jews. At a tense time of tension between the two countries they go off and produce THAT film in THAT way and paid millions in cinematics...coincidence? There were even massive discussions on it on satellite Farsi channels. Talk about beating the war drums on tthe big screen :angry:. Pretty much every Iranian i know takes that film personally with a hint of racial abuse
Reply 58
Superman Returns (2006): I'm just talking about a short scene when Superman is hovering above the earth in space and he tries to use his advanced hearing powers to hear any trouble on earth (this is the bit where he then goes to that place where gets shot in the eye).

Space is a vacuum, no matter how good your hearing powers are you won't be able to hear anything because sound cannot travel through a vacuum.
Reply 59
Original post by Lorem Ipsum

Still a good film:p:

Quick Reply

Latest