The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

University of Salford Film Production Portfolio

I've just sent off my portfolio as part of my application to study film production at Salford uni and I was wondering; how high are the universities expectations for my portfolio? I've sent off a short film (that has got some clear issues but I don't have the time to fix it) and an essay. Are the university expecting something really really good? What are they actually looking for? I'm worried that my Portfolio won't be good enough for them. Help?
Original post by Anonymous #1
I've just sent off my portfolio as part of my application to study film production at Salford uni and I was wondering; how high are the universities expectations for my portfolio? I've sent off a short film (that has got some clear issues but I don't have the time to fix it) and an essay. Are the university expecting something really really good? What are they actually looking for? I'm worried that my Portfolio won't be good enough for them. Help?

Hey

First of all good luck with your portfolio!

We look at each one individually and take into account everything you've submitted, and review each piece carefully. We can't unfortunately comment much on individual applications (mainly because we don't have any involvement with admissions decisions here in the University), but we can link you to our Arts and Media portfolios page (Link below) where our admissions tutors have advised what they're looking for. Both short films and essays/analytical writing are listed on there as examples of submissions, so fits into the categories of what we can accept!

https://www.salford.ac.uk/undergraduate/arts-media-and-creative-technology-portfolios

Good luck - we really hope your application goes well and we will keep our fingers crossed for you.

Best wishes
Matt - University of Salford Rep.
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending