The Student Room Group

Chemical engineering 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Daniel9998
Nah this is only his experience, I know many chemical engineers in my family who work in O&G and most of them are loaded and happy with their jobs. Also O&G is only one of the many many different career paths open for chem eng students.

Humbly have to point out, even your family members' experience is also anecdotal. Just because they had a good ride doesn't mean everyone else will.

See this BBC News article:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-36491937

I'd wager at least a few of those 120,000 job losses will be chemical engineers. The advice would be get loaded while you can, because then you'll have to spend it supporting yourself without a job.
How often are foundation years advertised on clearing?
Original post by thebearissquare

See below, but note more courses will appear nearer to Results Day, and those listed may not actually be available. Contact any universities you are interested in direct to be sure:

http://search.ucas.com/search/providers?CountryCode=&RegionCode=&Lat=&Lng=&Feather=&Vac=1&AvailableIn=Clearing&Query=Chemical+Engineering+foundation+&ProviderQuery=&AcpId=&Location=&IsFeatherProcessed=True&SubjectCode=

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
See below, but note more courses will appear nearer to Results Day, and those listed may not actually be available. Contact any universities you are interested in direct to be sure:

http://search.ucas.com/search/providers?CountryCode=&RegionCode=&Lat=&Lng=&Feather=&Vac=1&AvailableIn=Clearing&Query=Chemical+Engineering+foundation+&ProviderQuery=&AcpId=&Location=&IsFeatherProcessed=True&SubjectCode=

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, i want to do the foundation year at Nottingham they haven't listed anything at the moment should i wait until results day or should i contact them beforehand?
Thanks, i want to do the foundation year at Nottingham they haven't listed anything at the moment should i wait until results day or should i contact them beforehand?

There's no harm contacting them now, but they may not be able to give much info...

Posted from TSR Mobile
hello I know this was a long while ago but im thinking of doing your course how do you find it so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
hello I know this was a long while ago but im thinking of doing your course how do you find it so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Who are you addressing? You need to quote or reply to the original post otherwise the poster won't know you have commented. :wink:
Original post by robster01
MEng Chemical Engineering w) Biotechnology, yeah :smile: we start in a couple of weeks

hey sorry thought I quoted this thr first time but I am interested in doing your course and I know its a long time ago but how do you find it so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll be starting in September and I'm looking at buying a laptop. I'm used to using mac and love the new MacBooks but I do I need a Windows laptop for engineering? I could always run parallels, but I'm not sure what the point of it being a Mac is if I run it as a Windows machine?
Anyone else waiting to hear from birmingham? 5 year meng with year in industry, I got A*A*B instead of the offer A*AA and they're yet to update ucas/email and phone line is always busy

Hi @thebearissquare, we have two Engineering foundation courses available in Clearing:

Engineering with Foundation Year
Engineering with International Foundation Year

Successful completion enables you to go onto the first year of our Chemical Engineering BEng (Hons), or any of the following BEng courses: Civil and Structural Engineering Mechanical Engineering Mechanical and Automotive Engineering Medical Engineering

Call our Clearing helpline on 0300 456 2666 if you would like to talk to one of our advisers.

SM
Hi everyone, the University of Surrey has some limited places on Chemical Engineering (2016 entry) through Adjustment and Clearing. If your results were not quite what you expected (or better than you hoped) take a look at our site: http://ow.ly/117O303m1HC and give our team a call :smile:
Bit off topic, but I'm doing Chemical Engineering at Leeds and was wondering if I could get a job too? I know it's a heavy course but I was hoping to also get a job while I was there. Anybody have any experience of doing all this?
Got in for Chem eng at UCL. Anyone else?
Original post by President J

poor for chem eng.
Original post by Proxenus
poor for chem eng.

Can you explain why? Just raised this point in the 2017 chem eng thread
poor for chem eng.

Top uni, in LDN, planning to cut into IB. I've won.
poor for chem eng.

Swansea is better?
Original post by lai812matthew
Swansea is better?

ofc. top 10 engineering college according to The Times 2015
Original post by President J

I also got into UCL for Chem Eng :smile:

BEng or MEng?

Quick Reply

Latest