The Student Room Group

North West student physician associate programme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mande
Anyone on waiting list heard anything back yet?

Yes! Going to Uclan!!
Reply 281
Original post by rocklobster95
Yes! Going to Uclan!!

Congrats!! How did you find out?
Original post by Mande
Congrats!! How did you find out?

Email, in my junk box
Yes! Going to Uclan!!

Congrats! Look forwarding to seeing you on our Facebook group :smile:
Reply 284
Yes! Going to Uclan!!

I told you not to give up hope just yet :wink: well done. I hope I hear from the as well :smile:
Check your junk emails to who have confirmed. They have just emailed saying they have got my acceptance of offer and will be in touch at end of week
Original post by jessicamelia
Check your junk emails to who have confirmed. They have just emailed saying they have got my acceptance of offer and will be in touch at end of week

Thank you for that :smile:
Just got a email saying that all the posts for the course are now filled, and that letters will be sent out early next week!
Yes going to UCLAN!!!
i just find out three days ago as i wasn't bothered cos i thought i didn't do well at the interview. I'm going to Uclan. add me to the Facebook group pls.
hope all of you that is waiting hear good news soon.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by katepretty87
Yes going to UCLAN!!!
i just find out three days ago as i wasn't bothered cos i thought i didn't do well at the interview. I'm going to Uclan. add me to the Facebook group pls.
hope all of you that is waiting hear good news soon.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/889748997798731/
Thanks i'm now on the FB group.
Any further updates/correspondence regarding the physician associate course?
Some have now received emails with their offer plus some forms to complete. They may be sending out each email individually and possibly in alphabetical order. I'm an 'S' and haven't received mine for Liverpool yet. People going to Manchester have received a timetable for the whole year! It seems each uni has their own process for this stage!
Reply 293
hello guys i am currently an odp student and qualify in july on dip he. i would like to do this course but want to know what experience i need. bearing in my mind my course is a diploma not dgeree.
Original post by aamir8
hello guys i am currently an odp student and qualify in july on dip he. i would like to do this course but want to know what experience i need. bearing in my mind my course is a diploma not dgeree.

You would be best to contact the universities directly - the official entry requirement is a 2:2 or higher in relevant degree (i.e., life sciences of AHP), but there is certainly some catering for 'non standard' qualifications with relevant experience. Manchester are best contacted at [email protected], couldn't tell you the others off the top of my head though!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 295
I'm hoping some current students can offer me some insight. The courses offered by Manchester, Lancashire and Liverpool are diplomas not masters courses. The main difference seems to be that you don't have to complete a dissertation for the diploma. Do you think having a diploma instead of a masters will hinder your chances of getting a job over those who have a masters?
Original post by aamir8

Am the same I have a Nursing diploma I have the hospital experience and patient contact on my side tho. I was told might be best to top up my nursing dip to a degree not sure really
Oh no they no longer offer tuition fee bursary. Where do i get £18,000 from*:redface:. Also the course doesn't qualify for the SFE postgrad 10k loan at it is only for masters courses. Any ideas ?
Reply 298
Original post by georgetheboss
Oh no they no longer offer tuition fee bursary. Where do i get £18,000 from*:redface:. Also the course doesn't qualify for the SFE postgrad 10k loan at it is only for masters courses. Any ideas ?

Im in the same boat!! Have you had any luck finding additional finance? If i can't find another way to pay the course fees then i won't be applying 😞😞
Original post by Hiya84
Im in the same boat!! Have you had any luck finding additional finance? If i can't find another way to pay the course fees then i won't be applying 😞😞

I have been looking at the coop career development loans as the offer borrowing between 300 - 10000 at nearly 10% interest but i'm not quite sure if we can borrow 9000 each year .
I have also been getting sponsored adverts on facebook from companies offering student loan payments and their interest rates are also about 11% .

I'm not quite keen on adding an extra 18,000 plus interest on my current student loan debt also considering the fact that i have to pay it back as soon after finishing the course. They have given us alot to ponder about hmmmm.

mehhh maybe they will change their minds about it but i doubt that. will have to seek out more loan options .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending