The Student Room Group

Physician associate

Hello I’m a first year chemistry student in cardiff university and I was thinking of applying for a physician associate role when i finish undergrad, i know the requirements is a life science degree is necessary but do you think they’ll accept a chemistry degree instead?
Original post by Asif Grande
Hello I’m a first year chemistry student in cardiff university and I was thinking of applying for a physician associate role when i finish undergrad, i know the requirements is a life science degree is necessary but do you think they’ll accept a chemistry degree instead?

E-mail the unis you are interested in applying to and ask :smile:
Original post by Asif Grande

Hi there!
I've had a look on Prospects (it's quite a good website for career searching!) for a Physician's Associate role and whilst they do say that a typical degree subject includes chemistry, you do need to do further training at a postgraduate diploma (PGDip)/Masters level regardless if you're taking a life sciences degree or not.

Hope that's helped!

Fatiha, Cardiff Uni Student Rep 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest