The Student Room Group

What date are you moving in?

Hey guys I feel like I'm intruding a bit as I'm intending to go to another uni, but just out of curiosity, how soon/late are you guys moving in in terms of freshers week/start of your course? e.g. for me freshers week starts 17th September, and accommodation is open from the 12th - would you say moving in the day before freshers, 16th, is a decent time to move in? Also what time of day do people usually arrive, morning or afternoon? I'm so worried about getting there sooner/later than most other people!
Original post by britchick
Hey guys I feel like I'm intruding a bit as I'm intending to go to another uni, but just out of curiosity, how soon/late are you guys moving in in terms of freshers week/start of your course? e.g. for me freshers week starts 17th September, and accommodation is open from the 12th - would you say moving in the day before freshers, 16th, is a decent time to move in? Also what time of day do people usually arrive, morning or afternoon? I'm so worried about getting there sooner/later than most other people!

I'm moving in as soon as possible. The morning accommodation opens. I want to settle in, explore the town, and meet a few people before the chaos starts. ^_^

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my PC36100
Reply 2
Original post by AndromedaLight
I'm moving in as soon as possible. The morning accommodation opens. I want to settle in, explore the town, and meet a few people before the chaos starts. ^_^

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my PC36100

I'm doing the same, freshers starts the 17th for us but we can move in on the 13th (Which is when I'll be moving in). At the start of my last degree I moved in the day freshers week started (we didn't have the option to move in early) and the day was so hectic I didn't know whether I was coming or going. So this time I want to move in nice and early to give myself a little breathing room to get settled in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending