The Student Room Group

BANK OF ENGLAND gap year scheme 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Tateco
Why?

Were there that many people there? :frown: Maybe they aren't doing any more assessment centres, I wonder why they haven't sent out rejections yet if that is the case. Was everyone there for the gap year scheme?

In my email inviting me to the selection tests, it said half day assessment centres would run from March 16th.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 21
To the people who went on Friday, i have a couple of questions (none that'll give me an unfair advantage of course)

Firstly, do they really reimburse you? Was it busy? I presume it was suits, ties and shirts, for guys? And no interview, just tests?

Very best of luck! If I get through to the next round, I look forward to meeting you :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by wachno
In my email inviting me to the selection tests, it said half day assessment centres would run from March 16th.

I meant the tests not assessment centres.
Reply 23
Original post by Tateco
I meant the tests not assessment centres.

ok, well in your post you said 'assessment centre'
Original post by Tateco
Why?

Were there that many people there? :frown: Maybe they aren't doing any more assessment centres, I wonder why they haven't sent out rejections yet if that is the case. Was everyone there for the gap year scheme?

There were 13 people there. Some people were there for the initial entry scheme.
Original post by Tateco
Why?

No one talked to each other - waiting room and afterwards. Just silence and awkwardness. Doesn't seem like there is another day, we could only book one day. Odd, may do one in a week or so as the time span for the selection center is quite long.
Original post by Moiraclaire
we had a choice of 4 different time slots on that day. Don't know how many people went to each, I'm guessing few went to the 9:30 AM one, but no idea !

I remember you Tateco ! I really doubt that they would reject you ahaha so I'm sure there must be more rounds (:

Glad it's not just me, hopefully the pass mark will be fairly low then !
I don't know but seeing as they replied to our applications in 2 days, they're probably not that slow (:

Hmm, that's true they are speedy! My guess is midweek this week.
Original post by RajPopat94
To the people who went on Friday, i have a couple of questions (none that'll give me an unfair advantage of course)

Firstly, do they really reimburse you? Was it busy? I presume it was suits, ties and shirts, for guys? And no interview, just tests?

Very best of luck! If I get through to the next round, I look forward to meeting you :smile:

Yes, they do. Bring the details they ask for. Suit up, everyone wore a suit. Not busy at all. No interview.

Good luck! When is yours?
Reply 28
Original post by WalkerPrince
Yes, they do. Bring the details they ask for. Suit up, everyone wore a suit. Not busy at all. No interview.

Good luck! When is yours?

Thank you very much! Mine is tomorrow at 11:30. I'm going to head up a little early to make sure I know where I go from London Bridge :smile: How do you think you did?
No one talked to each other - waiting room and afterwards. Just silence and awkwardness. Doesn't seem like there is another day, we could only book one day. Odd, may do one in a week or so as the time span for the selection center is quite long.

I agree it was very awkward. Didn't really care cos I was half asleep after coming up from Manchester. But I liked the fact that the process was quick, not too much waiting around.
Original post by superstickman
I agree it was very awkward. Didn't really care cos I was half asleep after coming up from Manchester. But I liked the fact that the process was quick, not too much waiting around.

Yes very very efficient.
Reply 31
i'm annoyed that i only found out about this today. i would have applied :'(
Reply 32
does any one know how long the tests are and if they are multiple choice?
Reply 33

Wow how weird, mind you I can't expect that atmosphere would be buzzing with that kind of scheme...
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Moiraclaire
weird ! no idea haha

sure the email didn't go into your junk ? :/

probably means nothing, loads of applications to go through, may go through them in alphabetical order or something equally random (:

not in the junk box...it would update on the online application though, right?
Original post by Tateco
I haven't heard either yet, guess we'll just have to wait and see.

When did you send your application? maybe theyre going through in that order?
Reply 36
Original post by SeventyEight
When did you send your application? maybe theyre going through in that order?

I doubt it :tongue:
Original post by Tateco
I doubt it :tongue:

aah, early application then :wink:
Reply 38
Original post by SeventyEight
aah, early application then :wink:

Not early, but not late enough for me to expect that's what they're doing :P
Reply 39
Im surprised this is not more popular on here, this is one of the best schemes around from what i could see.

Quick Reply

Latest