The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1700
Original post by Xotol
He's an idiot. MVP doesn't work like that. If it did, Kyrie Irving would be in with a shot. Or Steve Nash.

MVP usually goes to the best player on the best team (or one of the top teams). Lebron is putting up a historic season; his PER is unbelievably ridiculous. He should win MVP easily.

If Skip Bayless thinks Lebron should be disqualified from winning an MVP because he has Wade and Bosh, maybe he should explain why the likes of MJ or Kareem won MVPs if he thinks only lone star players should win it.

Also that wouldn't sit well with him. He said MJ won it alone:rolleyes:

He had said countless times that he thinks MJ 'made Scottie Pippen' and Scottie Pippen was never a top 50 player
Reply 1701
Original post by johnharris19944
The guy probably thinks Brian Scalabrine and Odom should win it. He hates Lebron and would pick anyone over him.

He says on first take (i watch it most days) that he doesnt hate Lebron. He just tells the truth about him and says he has no clutch gene and thought he was better than MJ when he came into the league because he choose to wear no. 23.
Original post by boateng
He says on first take (i watch it most days) that he doesnt hate Lebron. He just tells the truth about him and says he has no clutch gene and thought he was better than MJ when he came into the league because he choose to wear no. 23.

Oh god thats like Bill o'reilly claiming he doesnt hate Obama hes just telling the truth... I call so much bull**** i dunno how he still has a job the guy is useless. Scottie Pippen made by Jordan? once agaain bullllcrap
Reply 1703
Oh god thats like Bill o'reilly claiming he doesnt hate Obama hes just telling the truth... I call so much bull**** i dunno how he still has a job the guy is useless. Scottie Pippen made by Jordan? once agaain bullllcrap

I couldnt believe when he said that.

He said Pippen was never a top 50 player. Jordan made him top 50 and won him 6 rings.
Reply 1704
Original post by Simon Adebisi
Skip begs MJ too hard.

if odds were available, i'd bet on skip committing suicide when lebron won MVP this season :colonhash:
Original post by boateng
I couldnt believe when he said that.

He said Pippen was never a top 50 player. Jordan made him top 50 and won him 6 rings.

Original post by S-man10
if odds were available, i'd bet on skip committing suicide when lebron won MVP this season :colonhash:

I want to see his face if the Heat won the title and James was the MVP, excuses like it was a shortened season and he rode Wade to the title hes just Robin like Scottie P
Original post by S-man10

I'd slap my student loan down on that
Reply 1707
Tbh, I kind of agree with him (and Stephen A Smith) in the sense that I don't really care what he does in the regular season. He screwed up in the finals, and everyone knows that, but I think people are too quick to call him a choker. After all, he did dismantle the Bulls almost single-handedly in the ECF.

He needs to redeem himself. He's got all the potential in the world and his body is built to be a sporting God. No joke, Zeus could legitimately be his dad.

He's tearing teams apart this year but I doubt many people care as of yet. We need to know whether he can deliver when it counts. If he can (and win multiple rings along the way), I genuinely think he'll go down as the GOAT.
Reply 1708
Speaking of GOAT, if Miami continue on like this for a few years, you think they could possibly be the best team ever to play the game?
Reply 1709
I jizz everytime I see the play at 1:18

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Xotol
Tbh, I kind of agree with him (and Stephen A Smith) in the sense that I don't really care what he does in the regular season. He screwed up in the finals, and everyone knows that, but I think people are too quick to call him a choker. After all, he did dismantle the Bulls almost single-handedly in the ECF.

He needs to redeem himself. He's got all the potential in the world and his body is built to be a sporting God. No joke, Zeus could legitimately be his dad.

He's tearing teams apart this year but I doubt many people care as of yet. We need to know whether he can deliver when it counts. If he can (and win multiple rings along the way), I genuinely think he'll go down as the GOAT.

Last year's finals hurt his legacy too much for him to be considered GOAT imo. He could break top 4-8 depending on future finals performances.
Reply 1711
Original post by S-man10
Speaking of GOAT, if Miami continue on like this for a few years, you think they could possibly be the best team ever to play the game?

Possibly. Although they'll have to do quite a bit to surpass the '90s Bulls even if they do win multiple rings.

However, I don't think it'll turn out that way.

First, Wade will be in decline. Without the impact he has now (or before), I don't think the Heat can dominate like now.

Second, new stars are emerging. Primarily, Durant and Rose. They both have an entire franchise behind them and I think they could dominate the NBA in the future, or at least split rings between the Heat and themselves. I mean, OKC and Bulls have already reached their respective finals and Durant & Rose are just 23. They can only get better.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1712
Original post by Xotol

How?
MJ won 6 rings with 6 MVP's. Lebron will have to do the same to go down as the GOAT. 1 ring is not enough especially when he joined forces with D-WADE/.
He is not even better than Kobe who has 5 rings.

I can't see Lebron winning more than 3 rings. Even if he does win 3 rings, won't surprise me if D-Wade is the MVP in those wins.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1713
Original post by boateng
How?
MJ won 6 rings with 6 MVP's. Lebron will have to do the same to go down as the GOAT. 1 ring is not enough especially when he joined forces with D-WADE/.
He is not even better than Kobe who had 5 rings.

I'm not sure you understood my post correctly. I said if he wins multiple rings along the way, not one. If he can perform in the finals (and not just win by being carried by Wade), and put up ridiculous seasons like the one he's having now, how can we ignore him at a candidate for at least the top 10 or 5?
Reply 1714
Original post by Simon Adebisi
Last year's finals hurt his legacy too much for him to be considered GOAT imo. He could break top 4-8 depending on future finals performances.

Exactly and all those none shows against the Celtics when he was with the Cavs.

To get even into Kobe's and Tim Duncan's league he will have to win at least 4 rings imo as he is playing with D-Wade and Bosh, two top 10 players in the league. 1 or 2 rings is not enough.

Why should he be in the top 4 when Magic and Tim Duncan achieved far more. Tim Duncan is really underrated because he is so quiet off court.
He has 3 final's MVP's and 4 rings. Lebron has 0.
Reply 1715
Original post by Xotol
I'm not sure you understood my post correctly. I said if he wins multiple rings along the way, not one. If he can perform in the finals (and not just win by being carried by Wade), and put up ridiculous seasons like the one he's having now, how can we ignore him at a candidate for at least the top 10 or 5?

Sorry my mistake.

I can't see him winning more than 3 imo and that's being kind. I won't be surprised if the Heat lose like last year against OKC and Chicargo. With Durant improving as well as OKC, it will be a lot tougher then most think.
D-Wade will be declining soon as he is 30 and prone to injuries.

That said if he wins at least 3 and get's MVP's in those wins yeah he should be top in the top 10.
Reply 1716
Original post by boateng
Why does Skip Bayless hate him so much? He has been going on for years about Lebron. You should even read his tweets from 2010..calling Lebron the 'Ringless King'' and ''Prince James''.

It really sounds personal to me.

Because its controversial and they can get stephen a smith on to have melodramatic rows about it with him it wouldn't suprise me if it was personal though because in his book skip implied troy aikman was gay without a shred of evidence which is pretty vindictive thing to do but anyway all bayless does is troll people either by championing or ripping on certain atheletes with weak arguments
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by boateng
Exactly and all those none shows against the Celtics when he was with the Cavs.

To get even into Kobe's and Tim Duncan's league he will have to win at least 4 rings imo as he is playing with D-Wade and Bosh, two top 10 players in the league. 1 or 2 rings is not enough.

Why should he be in the top 4 when Magic and Tim Duncan achieved far more. Tim Duncan is really underrated because he is so quiet off court.
He has 3 final's MVP's and 4 rings. Lebron has 0.

Thats stupid though because Kobe Byrant sure as hell did not win those rings by himself he needed Shaq and Gasol. The spurs just built a very solid team and managed to get production from everyone. Its silly to penalize James for having two team mates who are all stars. If you want to win you give yourself the best chance to win. In other sports you dont try do it yourself its a team game and you want the best team if you want to have a good chance of winning.

If anything its more impressive James is putting up those numbers with his all star teamates.
Original post by S-man10

Multiple b2b championships with dominate playoff preformances and multiple 67-8+ wins seasons will put them in the convo. Won't happen though imo. Their championship window is small I think for the reasons Xotol stated.
Reply 1719
Thats stupid though because Kobe Byrant sure as hell did not win those rings by himself he needed Shaq and Gasol. The spurs just built a very solid team and managed to get production from everyone. Its silly to penalize James for having two team mates who are all stars. If you want to win you give yourself the best chance to win. In other sports you dont try do it yourself its a team game and you want the best team if you want to have a good chance of winning.

If anything its more impressive James is putting up those numbers with his all star teamates.

Yeah but Kobe got it done. Also Dwayne Wade is not just an all star, he is the best player in the game some would say and deffo in the top 3 in the league.

We shall if Lebron will get it done. I thought the Heat were very arrogant with the way they carried themselves though....not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4.....(remember that)
It's funny how they lost against Dallas.

Latest