The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
I don't have a clue with the specifics, not sure anyone here will be able to give you an answer either. Try contacting the International Office for advice [email protected]

Original post by returnmigrant
You will either be rejected now or be waiting until August to see how you compare to any other 'near miss' applicants. IF there are spaces on your chosen course (there may not be) you might be lucky - if there aren't you will then be rejected,

Thank you for your replies :smile:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Is the student union really bad?
Original post by jessyjellytot14

Why would you think that?
Original post by jessyjellytot14

Well it's not great......

It's a lot better than it was. The building itself is still rather far as they can't change that. But they have improved it, the bar and events are much better than when I first joined, and it started becoming a lot more popular before I left.
How is the economics and politics course? Does the uni have a good cricket team?
How is the economics and politics course? Does the uni have a good cricket team?
How is the economics and politics course? Does the uni have a good cricket team

Thank you
HI,I am a student who may study mathematics at Bristol in this September. I know the all modules are compulsory in the first year. For the rest of year, can you take more than 120 credits? .
Thanks alot.
Original post by wiredapple
HI,I am a student who may study mathematics at Bristol in this September. I know the all modules are compulsory in the first year. For the rest of year, can you take more than 120 credits? .
Thanks alot.

Do you mean that on top of your first year you want to take an extra module?

If it is, then no... just wait till later years. You'll have more than enough work to do, and there's time later. Plus give yourself some social life - if you're interested in something in particular, join the relevant society!
Original post by Inazuma

If it is, then no... just wait till later years. You'll have more than enough work to do, and there's time later. Plus give yourself some social life - if you're interested in something in particular, join the relevant society!

sorry, I mean that taking more than 120 credit points in second year or later year.
Is that possible?
The units I want to take will accumulate to about 140 credit points.
http://www.bris.ac.uk/esu/unitprogcat/RouteStructure.jsa?byCohort=N&cohort=Y&routeLevelCode=2&modeOfStudyCode=Full+Time&programmeCode=2MATH002U
Original post by Inazuma

No, I mean in the Year 2 or later year...
Since all maths units are optional apart from Year 1.
The units I want to take will probably accumulate to more than 120 credit points.
Is that possible?
Original post by wiredapple
No, I mean in the Year 2 or later year...
Since all maths units are optional apart from Year 1.
The units I want to take will probably accumulate to more than 120 credit points.
Is that possible?

You wont be allowed to do this - its that simple. You'll have more than enough work to do with a full load. If you get interested in an area and want to do some extra work, go to the library and work on it by yourself - that's the whole point of being at Uni.

Btw, Bristol runs 'Open Units' in your first year - you can take courses from other subject areas to broaden your experience/knowledge : http://www.bristol.ac.uk/academic-quality/approve/openunits/

Btw, Bristol runs 'Open Units' in your first year - you can take courses from other subject areas to broaden your experience/knowledge : http://www.bristol.ac.uk/academic-quality/approve/openunits/

So, any first year from any course (even one that doesn't specify an open unit as an optional module) can chose to take open units as extras?
Original post by AStephens2509
So, any first year from any course (even one that doesn't specify an open unit as an optional module) can chose to take open units as extras?

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/academic-quality/approve/openunits/openunitsguidance.html
"If the selection of open units is available to you on your programme of study you will have received guidance on the selection process from your academic school." ie. at the start of term once you have started at Bristol.. If you want to know this in advance, email the relevant Faculty or School Office (not the main Admissions Office).
http://www.bristol.ac.uk/academic-quality/approve/openunits/openunitsguidance.html
"If the selection of open units is available to you on your programme of study you will have received guidance on the selection process from your academic school." ie. at the start of term once you have started at Bristol.. If you want to know this in advance, email the relevant Faculty or School Office (not the main Admissions Office).

Okay, thanks for the information :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know when the earliest opportunity for me to get an NUS card is?
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
Does anyone know when the earliest opportunity for me to get an NUS card is?

You will need a Bristol Uni email address (ie. [email protected]) as this is one of the easiest ways of confirming that you really are a student. You will not be allocated this until you have actually enrolled and started Welcome Week.
You will need a Bristol Uni email address (ie. [email protected]) as this is one of the easiest ways of confirming that you really are a student. You will not be allocated this until you have actually enrolled and started Welcome Week.

Thank you for your reply. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending