The Student Room Group

Law Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Thegoodleftundone
Oh god, how did you think it went :/

Offer from UEA now, 4 offers in the last 3 days lol. Only Lancaster left and I'm not putting them as firm or insurance so.

The LNAT was okay but I don't really know to be honest! I had to keep trying to give people evils to shut the hell up or stop making noise. For so much of that exam I wish I was in their shoes. The LNAT has got to be by far the hardest admissions exam! It's been a month since I sent my UCAS off and I've heard NOTHING from anywhere, some are saying no news is good news so I'm just sticking with that mantra haha. Though I've applied to 3 non-LNAT unis and I've not heard anything :frown: I know Queen Mary are waiting until after January but loads of people have Newcastle offers :frown:
Does anybody know if you are allowed to ask LNAT universities you've applied to to tell you your score?
Reply 1762
Original post by Retro.spex
Does anybody know if you are allowed to ask LNAT universities you've applied to to tell you your score?

You can ask but they almost certainly will not tell you.
Original post by nulli tertius
Are you sure about Brunel? The offers here still seem to be AAB

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Law_Offers_2012

It would be slightly surprising because none of the others in a ring around London (Kent, Reading, Surrey, Essex) have been able to raise their offers to AAA despite being swamped with applicants because unless they significantly undercut the London universities no-one picks them as a firm or insurance choice (in a sense as you are demonstrating!)

Ah, well. I hope you're right. I do think it's a bit odd that City is asking for AAA, as the law school hasn't ever ranked particularly well. In fact, I think it's consistently ranked as the lowest pre-1992 law school in London. :tongue:
Original post by Omiclops

Original post by Omiclops
The LNAT was okay but I don't really know to be honest! I had to keep trying to give people evils to shut the hell up or stop making noise. For so much of that exam I wish I was in their shoes. The LNAT has got to be by far the hardest admissions exam! It's been a month since I sent my UCAS off and I've heard NOTHING from anywhere, some are saying no news is good news so I'm just sticking with that mantra haha. Though I've applied to 3 non-LNAT unis and I've not heard anything :frown: I know Queen Mary are waiting until after January but loads of people have Newcastle offers :frown:

I know people with Queen Mary offers...
But that shouldn't worry you. Alot of other people I know sent their UCAS beginning of October and still have nothing
Original post by Retro.spex

As stated above, almost certainly not, plus it doesn't give a great impression, although from your point of view it is understandable to want to know :smile:

@Omiclops:
But that shouldn't worry you. Alot of other people I know sent their UCAS beginning of October and still have nothing

This, many people who applied in October are getting offers right now actually. Ps. Don't worry about the LNAT, the average score last year shows you that it isn't meant to be a walk in the park, so don't worry if it was difficult :smile:
Original post by silverspoonmess
I know people with Queen Mary offers...

The Admissions tutor said they're only giving very good applicants offers now then holding everyone until after January.
I just really want a Nottingham offer the most :frown:

As stated above, almost certainly not, plus it doesn't give a great impression, although from your point of view it is understandable to want to know :smile:

@Omiclops:

This, many people who applied in October are getting offers right now actually. Ps. Don't worry about the LNAT, the average score last year shows you that it isn't meant to be a walk in the park, so don't worry if it was difficult :smile:

i;m sure many people are.. not the people I know.
Ahaha a day! Sorry braindead moment from me, you did your LNAT yesterday then? Since you got an offer, thought it had at least been a while, forgot about LNAT for Notts :tongue:

Thanks, although 40 minutes seems a lot, under pressure it really isn't, so I still don't know how mine actually sounded. Might have been good after all lol :smile:

Yes, time seems to speed up! And same @ separate room, I had my own booth. Don't think I would have been able to concentrate otherwise - maybe they do it for all LNAT tests.

Yeah, every time my parents brought up applying to a London University for Law, I had to remind them of why it was unrealistic for me to do so (got AAA but other 2 grades not so good), plus wasn't being predicted an A*. Lucky that I want to move out and explore another area of the country though.

I didn't get a separate booth.

:frown:
Original post by rdsnell
You can ask but they almost certainly will not tell you.

Ah okay thanks, just wondered. I think I can wait till January though!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1770
Just got a rejection from Kings... absolutely gutted as that was my top choice (after Cambridge)

Thank you for your application to King's College London. Your application has now been carefully considered. Whilst you meet the entrance requirements for the programme, applications are considered in a competitive environment. We have received many applications this year and due to the competition for places have had to disappoint many candidates. Therefore, I regret to inform you that you have been unsuccessful in obtaining a place on the programme.

May we take this opportunity to wish you every success with future applications.

It's probably more than likely that UCL will reject me too if KCL have... :frown: Although 'meeting the entry requirements' should at least mean my LNAT wasn't a dud and UCL might not be a complete failure right? Unless that's a polite way of saying 'you got a 2, now move along...' :frown:
Original post by Elle408
Just got a rejection from Kings... absolutely gutted as that was my top choice (after Cambridge)

It's probably more than likely that UCL will reject me too if KCL have... :frown: Although 'meeting the entry requirements' should at least mean my LNAT wasn't a dud and UCL might not be a complete failure right? Unless that's a polite way of saying 'you got a 2, now move along...' :frown:

It think it means the opposite i.e. your grades are good, but your LNAT was not so good?
Which would you say is the more respected university, overall and for law; Surrey university or Brunel university?
Original post by Harry.K
Which would you say is the more respected university, overall and for law; Surrey university or Brunel university?

Brunel
Reply 1774
Original post by tehforum
It think it means the opposite i.e. your grades are good, but your LNAT was not so good?

Well I don't have any grades as I'm a mature student. I'm doing Access which means all of my results are pending. That's why I'm confused as to whether it is just a polite way of saying no or that my LNAT was ok. I guess i'm just clutching at straws!
Reply 1775
Did my LNAT today!
Original post by Elle408
Well I don't have any grades as I'm a mature student. I'm doing Access which means all of my results are pending. That's why I'm confused as to whether it is just a polite way of saying no or that my LNAT was ok. I guess i'm just clutching at straws!

You have no grades whatsoever?

Well, do you have predictions for the Access course?

If not, I guess the only remaining factor is the LNAT, provided that the Access course is accepted by Kings.
Which is considered better for Law, Exeter or Southampton? Which is considered a better uni in general?
Reply 1778
Durham conditional!
Original post by Kwak
Durham conditional!

That's the first I've heard of Durham offers.

Congrats!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending