The Student Room Group

The Remark Thread - Questions!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
thetopnotch
Which exam board did you do S1 with? If you go onto their website then they should have the grade boundaries on there. If they aren't up today then they should be up soon. Or you can contact your exams office or your teachers. They should be able to access the Exam boundaries pages if you can't :smile:

edexcel
ive been adviced to request a copy of my exam script
Reply 41
thetopnotch
Go on the AQA website, and then go into the exam section for economics. They should have grade boundaries in there or in the examiner's report at the end of the booklet. If you can't access it yet ring up your school and they should be able to tell you. The cost of photocopy will depend on your school since there are admin fees too. Ring up your exams office and they should be able to tell you more :smile:

Thanks.
Reply 42
I got A A B B.

Both B's were 476 and 480 is an A, so that's 2/3 raw marks so most definitely getting them remarked.

4 A's potentially, last time I got a remark it went up 8 UMS! :biggrin:.
Reply 43
OMG !! HATE the markers of English- a D in the Exam and A in coursework- spoilt my day!!
Reply 44
conabrun
OMG !! HATE the markers of English- a D in the Exam and A in coursework- spoilt my day!!

Which English and what exam board?

I got a C for my exam and a A for my coursework. Going to get a remark for the exam as I thought it was A standard.

Should I get a copy of it and then send it off or just get a remark?
Reply 45
I'm getting my PSYA2 remarked definitely as overall I was only 1 UMS of an A in Psychology.

I might also get FP1 and S1 remarked as I got 79 in both of these, but it wouldn't affect my overall grade as I still got an A in Maths & Further Maths.
So is it better for me to just resit them in January?

And plus isn't it less likely that maths exams will go up after a remark than say essay subjects?
Reply 46
Biology was 3 ums off an A i mean come on thats like 2 marks or less
I don't know what to do about my English Literature AS level (I'm on AQA and did WW1 lit). I got an A overall, but literally just 83%. I got full marks on the coursework, but 86/120 on the exam, giving me a B in that module. In class we did mock exams and practice essays and I was getting full marks - I don't understand. I thought that the exam went well, and that I had done what I had been doing in class, and I know that although my grade won't alter, would it be worth it?

Also, I know that if your grade goes up, you get the £50 back for the remark, but if you are already on an A does it mean that there is no refund, even if your UMS goes up?

Its not just pride or overconfidence, but it means that next year at A2 I will have to work a little harder to make sure I get an A. Others on my course have got lower grades than expected on their exam paper, so it could be true for others too.

I am also getting a history paper remarked - I got an A with 96% on one and a D with 53% on the other, giving me a B overalll........ but my teacher asssures me that it is a rogue marker. I hope so..
'Vikki
']I'm getting my PSYA2 remarked definitely as overall I was only 1 UMS of an A in Psychology.

I might also get FP1 and S1 remarked as I got 79 in both of these, but it wouldn't affect my overall grade as I still got an A in Maths & Further Maths.
So is it better for me to just resit them in January?

And plus isn't it less likely that maths exams will go up after a remark than say essay subjects?

Resitting FP1 and S1 in January would be a good idea, I resat FP1 and got much higher the second time round. Getting a higher mark also gives you more of a leeway with A2 further Maths and you're probably more likely to get a higher mark since you'll probably have done more maths by January (at least that's how it worked for me :smile:)

I never actually remarked a Maths paper but I dd get photocopies of scripts and they're marked quite accurately. If you want you could get a photocopy of both FP1 and S1 which will mean that you can check through the paper but also it will help for revision if you do resit :smile:
Reply 49
Something is very wrong with my Physics...

In the exams I got a C and a B - which is no problem, it's my ISA. I think my teachers haven't added some extra marks that you get for safe practice of equipment - a max of 6 - which means that my grade could go from a C to a B!
Reply 50
I'm sitting on ABC, and need ABB to get into my first choice (I'm accepted into my second choice). So, anyway, I'm 5 marks off a B, so I've just entered in to have the three modules remarked. I also rang my first choice and they said if I go up by five marks then I'll definitely have a place with them.

NERVOUS!!
pinstriped.flower
I don't know what to do about my English Literature AS level (I'm on AQA and did WW1 lit). I got an A overall, but literally just 83%. I got full marks on the coursework, but 86/120 on the exam, giving me a B in that module. In class we did mock exams and practice essays and I was getting full marks - I don't understand. I thought that the exam went well, and that I had done what I had been doing in class, and I know that although my grade won't alter, would it be worth it?

Since you are confident that you did well, it might be worth getting a remark. You're 10 marks away from getting the A in that module. I think that before you do send off for a remark you should check the grade boundaries to see how many raw marks the 10 ums marks is worth. If it's only a few raw marks then it would be worth getting a remark since if it goes up then it would give you more leeway in the A2 (you could lose more marks at A2 but still get an A).

Also, I know that if your grade goes up, you get the £50 back for the remark, but if you are already on an A does it mean that there is no refund, even if your UMS goes up?

I think you need to contact your school/college about this. They will be able to give you more advice. It's possible that if your grade goes up in one module then you may get a refund but don't take this as fact, it would be better if you asked your exams officer who will know more :smile:

Its not just pride or overconfidence, but it means that next year at A2 I will have to work a little harder to make sure I get an A. Others on my course have got lower grades than expected on their exam paper, so it could be true for others too.

I am also getting a history paper remarked - I got an A with 96% on one and a D with 53% on the other, giving me a B overalll........ but my teacher asssures me that it is a rogue marker. I hope so..

Good Luck in getting those remarked :smile:
furry747
Something is very wrong with my Physics...

In the exams I got a C and a B - which is no problem, it's my ISA. I think my teachers haven't added some extra marks that you get for safe practice of equipment - a max of 6 - which means that my grade could go from a C to a B!

Since these marks are added by the teachers it might be best to go and talk to them about it. They should (hopefully) have mark breakdowns for your results and they will be able to tell you whether they added the marks in.
thetopnotch
Since you are confident that you did well, it might be worth getting a remark. You're 10 marks away from getting the A in that module. I think that before you do send off for a remark you should check the grade boundaries to see how many raw marks the 10 ums marks is worth. If it's only a few raw marks then it would be worth getting a remark since if it goes up then it would give you more leeway in the A2 (you could lose more marks at A2 but still get an A).

I think you need to contact your school/college about this. They will be able to give you more advice. It's possible that if your grade goes up in one module then you may get a refund but don't take this as fact, it would be better if you asked your exams officer who will know more :smile:

Good Luck in getting those remarked :smile:

Thanks a lot for the advice - it wasn't the results day I was hoping for.
Reply 54
pinstriped.flower

pretty much in the same boat as I am! Got As and high Bs in my other history modules and then a random low C (56 UMS) on 1 module grrrr i need 10 UMS marks to get me my well earned A! It's so frustrating especially when no 1 at sixth form stayed behind to help! I'm now left with an email address and no reply lol
Reply 55
thetopnotch
Resitting FP1 and S1 in January would be a good idea, I resat FP1 and got much higher the second time round. Getting a higher mark also gives you more of a leeway with A2 further Maths and you're probably more likely to get a higher mark since you'll probably have done more maths by January (at least that's how it worked for me :smile:)

I never actually remarked a Maths paper but I dd get photocopies of scripts and they're marked quite accurately. If you want you could get a photocopy of both FP1 and S1 which will mean that you can check through the paper but also it will help for revision if you do resit :smile:

Okay, I'll probably just resit them two although I really would like to know where I went so awfully wrong in S1 considering I managed to get 95 in S2 which is meant to be harded than S1 because it's an A2 module.
Reply 56
The English teacher is planning on getting nearly all of the English Lang&Lit AQA remarked at my school - I got an A in coursework and a D in the exam, having been predicted an A and having got As in mocks right the way through the year. Same with several other people. One girl got an A in coursework, wrote 8 pages in the exam and got a U. What are AQA doing? Is this everywhere or just my school?
'Vikki
']Okay, I'll probably just resit them two although I really would like to know where I went so awfully wrong in S1 considering I managed to get 95 in S2 which is meant to be harded than S1 because it's an A2 module.

It might be worth getting a photocopy of your script which will just be a photocopy of your exam paper. This would allow you to look through the paper and then send for a remark if you felt that you should have got more marks in the paper :smile: That is quite strange, getting a lower mark in S1 compared to S2 :unsure:
dannidolly
pretty much in the same boat as I am! Got As and high Bs in my other history modules and then a random low C (56 UMS) on 1 module grrrr i need 10 UMS marks to get me my well earned A! It's so frustrating especially when no 1 at sixth form stayed behind to help! I'm now left with an email address and no reply lol

I need 11 ums to get me my A - nightmare..
Reply 59
thetopnotch
It might be worth getting a photocopy of your script which will just be a photocopy of your exam paper. This would allow you to look through the paper and then send for a remark if you felt that you should have got more marks in the paper :smile: That is quite strange, getting a lower mark in S1 compared to S2 :unsure:

I know, and especially considering I thought that I'd done much better in S1 than S2, but apparently not....

Quick Reply

Latest