The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Ooh yeah Goosebumps were ace, as were the Babysitter's Club books. When I was younger I loved "Babysitter's Little Sister" books and then when I was a bit older I LOVE LOVE LOVED Jaqueline Wilson books - especially The Bed and Breakfast Star and The Suitcase Kid. Anyone else?
And Goodnight Mr Tom is a true classic and was my absolute fave...still is really lol. :rolleyes:
Reply 21
LHMarsh10
Ooh yeah Goosebumps were ace, as were the Babysitter's Club books. When I was younger I loved "Babysitter's Little Sister" books and then when I was a bit older I LOVE LOVE LOVED Jaqueline Wilson books - especially The Bed and Breakfast Star and The Suitcase Kid. Anyone else?
And Goodnight Mr Tom is a true classic and was my absolute fave...still is really lol. :rolleyes:

some people said they hated her books but i loved them also, especially Girls in Love i loved that whole series, and i think the programme on TV is a good version. although ellie is a little more attractive than she is made out to be in the books!
Reply 22
LHMarsh10
Ooh yeah Goosebumps were ace, as were the Babysitter's Club books. When I was younger I loved "Babysitter's Little Sister" books and then when I was a bit older I LOVE LOVE LOVED Jaqueline Wilson books - especially The Bed and Breakfast Star and The Suitcase Kid.

Yup, those two were my favourite of her books actually :smile:. Also liked Tracy Beaker and Bad Girls
Wasn't Enid Blyton very un-PC? Though I loved them when I was little! Alice in Wonderland absolutely rules though. I liked Roald Dahl, Anne of Green Gables (aww!), Little Women, and, ahem... Point Horror books. Horrible Histories were also cool :smile:
Reply 24
Ye i read Little Women, i loved that book. i still read it now when i get the chance it's one of my favourites.
I loved Alice in wonderland/looking glass Roald Dahl(matilda!Willy Wonka!...That fox- mr fox(?))and the chronicles of narnia- anyone mention them yet? i'm not sure if these are kids books but 'the little prince' and 'the happy prince' cried so much!
Reply 26
'Greedy Zebra' when I was really little.
Then Sharon Creech books, especially 'Bloomability', and some random book called 'From the mixed-up files of Mrs Basil E Frankweiler', an american one.
And of course, books by Enid Blyton (then I developed a feminist streak and now I can't read 'the Famous Five' any more.)
Reply 27
when i was really little, it was 'foxy loses his tail'

and then i moved on to the likes of roald dahl and jacqueline wilson. i read a fair bit of enid blyton too, i distinctly remember a book called something like 'the naughtiest girl in school'.

yeaaah i was a hip and happening kid back then.
muffin
i distinctly remember a book called something like 'the naughtiest girl in school'.

would that be 'my naughty little sister?'
Peter Rabbit series
Velveteen Rabbit
Ella Enchanted
Roald Dahl
Reply 30
o ye i use to love Beatrix Potter, i had the whole collection when i was younger but my mum gave them all away i soon as i was older :mad:
My fathers cheque book.
Reply 32
Constantine
My fathers cheque book.

Lol! :rofl:
Reply 33
ayaan
would that be 'my naughty little sister?'

No she's right it was called the naughtiest girl in school - it was about a little girl called... Elizabeth??
And she was really bad and she went to boarding school and became nice
And there was a sequel with a friend of her mother called Annabella possibly?
The BFG, The Witches, Matilda, The Famous five series, the five findouters, Faraway Tree, St. Clares., The Wishing Chair, Sweet Valley Kids= Twins. Sometimes Goosebumps.
Reply 35
Bekaboo
No she's right it was called the naughtiest girl in school - it was about a little girl called... Elizabeth??
And she was really bad and she went to boarding school and became nice
And there was a sequel with a friend of her mother called Annabella possibly?

Ah, I remember them, there were three books in the series... Elizabeth becomes good and gets to be a 'monitor' or something at the end :biggrin:

'My Naughty Little Sister' was something different - they were aimed at younger readers. My gran used to read them to me.
Reply 36
Anne of Green Gables! Aww those books are so amazing, I have all of them - even the spin offs. :biggrin:

Anything by Enid Blyton too - Malory Towers is just a classic. Then there's another boarding school one with twins...

The Famous Five books are great, but Anne always annoyed me so much!
skevvybritt
'Greedy Zebra' when I was really little.
Then Sharon Creech books, especially 'Bloomability', and some random book called 'From the mixed-up files of Mrs Basil E Frankweiler', an american one.
And of course, books by Enid Blyton (then I developed a feminist streak and now I can't read 'the Famous Five' any more.)

'From the mixed up files of Mrs Basil. E . Frankweiler' - you are the first person I have met apart from myself to have read this book! I loved it when I was younger!

Hmmm - what else? 'Secret of platform 3 and three-quarters', 'Narnia Chronicles' of course, the 'Oz' chronicles, The Saddle club books - and my favourite Enid Blyton was 'The River of Adventure'.

I love kids books...
The of adventure books were awesome. i've still got all of them. The secret Island was quite boring tho.
Reply 39
All enid blyton books! :frown:

A little later I got seriously addicted to Goosebumps and also Point Horror books after that.

Latest

Trending

Trending