The Student Room Group

Change entry year at the last minute?

Hello all,

I have a question which I thought I would post here to see if anybody else has had experience with this situation, or could perhaps give me an idea of what might happen. Basically, in 2008 I applied to read English, starting in 2010 (a deferred place). However, what I was planning on doing in my year out has fallen through (I didn't get the job I thought I was going to get). I want to start my course this October instead. Does anybody think this might be possible? I have written to the applications office, but I imagine they are going to be pretty flooded with queries at this time of year, so I thought I'd post something on here in the mean time, to see if anybody has been in a similar situation.

Thanks!
Which college? The bigger ones may be more flexible.
Reply 2
The West Wing
Which college? The bigger ones may be more flexible.

Actually I was just thinking the smaller ones would be more flexible, as I got the impression it was the larger ones that operated on quotas a bit more.
Basically, in 2008 I applied to read English, starting in 2010 (a deferred place). However, what I was planning on doing in my year out has fallen through (I didn't get the job I thought I was going to get). I want to start my course this October instead. Does anybody think this might be possible?

The same thing happened to me last year. It almost certainly won't be possible, unless they haven't filled their "quota" (unlikely I imagine). You would have had to have asked before the exam results came out so that they could then decide whether or not to reject/defer someone who just missed their offer in favour of you. However, these decisions will have already been made.

Latest

Trending

Trending