The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
cheers amy!
given me a great insight into the world of architecure!
Reply 21
im still at school, but might be interested in doing architecture, what should you be like eg creative, etc and what alevels and gcses do you need?
Reply 22
:biggrin:
Sheffield: AAB - FIRM
Manchester: ABB - INSURANCE
Cardiif: AAB - DECLINE
UEL - 240 points - DECLINE
Liverpool - ABB - DECLINE
UCL - UNSUCCESSFUL

....hopefully.... fingers crossed, i'll get the grades for shieffield! >_<;;
Reply 23
lol can we have a r eally stylish and trendy icon for being in this society - this is the only one i am in and i want to be really good lol. and exclusive too lol.

lets get the most stylish icon possible for our society:smile:
Reply 24
ArchiBoi
lol can we have a r eally stylish and trendy icon for being in this society - this is the only one i am in and i want to be really good lol. and exclusive too lol.

lets get the most stylish icon possible for our society:smile:

lol, yeah. definately will do.
If anyone has any ideas in mind, put them on here and i'll see what i can do. i think i've got one maybe that could be quite good.

btw, have many people here been to barcelona before? I absolutely loved it there and architecturally it has a brilliant mix of styles. The Gothic quarter, gaudi ( :biggrin: love it!), the olympic stadium, the tall buildings by the beach, the barcelona fc stadium.... i could go on :p:
I hope that my gap year can be spent seeing places all round the world for architecture, i think it could be a good experience to see as many styles as possible :p:

What kind of styles of architecture do people like here? Personally i think you can never go wrong with Georgian Architecture. has to be one of the best styles in history. Some current modern architecture i love, but others i'm more sceptical about.
Reply 25
well the obvious one seems to be like the top of a pillar of some kind. But i dont feel the obvious is what we should have,,, what about some kind of sky line? or something modern like that new bridge in france.
Reply 26
i like the idea of the bridge one though, it'd look pretty good (although maybe a bit too engineering type)
The pillar would be very iconic too. I'll have a look for some good pics for both of these.
The one i've done so far is of the inside of the guggenhiem museum in new york. Tell me what you think. :smile:
Reply 27
i reckon a pic of some cool modern building like the gherkin or somethin would be good
Reply 28
Hello

I'm off to Cardiff in September - unconditional. I did the AA Summer School in 2004 (in case anyone wants to ask about that) and I'm working for an architect in France at the moment. Happy to join in the festivities here.
Reply 30
Whats ur predicted grades btw? l
Reply 31
ArchiBoi
Whats ur predicted grades btw? l

whos? :confused: :smile:
Reply 32
JR hartleys lol
ArchiBoi
JR hartleys lol

They're not predicted - I got them 13 years ago! ABB.

I'm v. old, you see.
Reply 35

yeah that looks really good. thanks :smile:
Reply 36

yeah that pic looks good :cool:
Reply 37
im willing to run with the guerkin. lol. hope we can have it up asap - we can change it every few months for some variety lol.
Reply 38
ArchiBoi
im willing to run with the guerkin. lol. hope we can have it up asap - we can change it every few months for some variety lol.

lol, i think we have to establish the society though first. get it up and running and popular :p:
Not a big fan of Foster myself - I think he's OD-d on triangular glass of late, and the gherkin is a bit of an obvious phallic symbol in a male dominated environment, but its an easily identified icon so it would work to start off with I guess. If we attain critical mass we can start changing it.

Book recommendation for the Soc - "Housey Housey" by Pierre D'Avoine - really nicely produced patten book for small houses.

Latest

Trending

Trending