The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
radicality
I'm a fresher and my account works, I can log in to everything. Already logged in to my email, myImperial, and even set up the VPN connection and connected to my empty personal folder :wink:

Surely you need to authenticate (through Kerberos) to the Imperial domain to do that? I too have set up the VPN, but I very much doubt I could connect to my H: drive if I tried to.

On a slightly unrelated note, I tried visiting the online Apple Store whilst connected to the VPN and found out I could get MASSIVE educational discounts :woo: For example the MacBook Pro I'll be buying in the next few days retails at £1,299 but I can get it for £1,116!
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 21
It's weird how my username ends in 08 when I'm starting this October...

But yeah, logged in and joined Imperial '13 on Facebook. It's all good :smile:
Emc2
Surely you need to authenticate (through Kerberos) to the Imperial domain to do that? I too have set up the VPN, but I very much doubt I could connect to my H: drive if I tried to.

On a slightly unrelated note, I tried visiting the online Apple Store whilst connected to the VPN and found out I could get MASSIVE educational discounts :woo: For example the MacBook Pro I'll be buying in the next few days retails at £1,299 but I can get it for £1,116!

I went here to get my folder location, and then connected to it while connected to the VPN. Seems to work

Damn, I gotta check these apple educational discounts, seems nice :wink:

Also, check out dreamspark.com to get some free microsoft products :smile:
Has anyone else not got an email from imperial yet?
I haven't! Did it anyway though :woo:
Reply 25
anyone managed to access anything juicy, like their timetable yet?
Reply 26
I can't think of any department that actually uses the timetable feature in MyImperial, so don't get your hopes up. You shoud get emailed a timetable about a week or two before term starts.
Reply 27
Cyco
I can't think of any department that actually uses the timetable feature in MyImperial, so don't get your hopes up. You shoud get emailed a timetable about a week or two before term starts.

Aeronautics

Chemical Engineering and Chemical Technology

Civil and Environmental Engineering

Electrical and Electronic Engineering

Mechanical Engineering

These departments all use online timetabling at www.imperial.ac.uk/mytimetable although no timetables would have been produced yet.
The computing department has timetables, but not on myTimetable, but here
Reply 29
IChem
Aeronautics

Chemical Engineering and Chemical Technology

Civil and Environmental Engineering

Electrical and Electronic Engineering

Mechanical Engineering

These departments all use online timetabling at www.imperial.ac.uk/mytimetable although no timetables would have been produced yet.

Oh well, fail on my behalf.

I guess I should have said "No real sciences use the MyImperial timetable" :p:
Reply 30
lykastar
It's weird how my username ends in 08 when I'm starting this October...

But yeah, logged in and joined Imperial '13 on Facebook. It's all good :smile:

If you deferred, then this is what'll happen. :smile:
Anyone get their timetable though the post?

I'm a computing student and i've received mine.
Reply 32
Spiker
If you deferred, then this is what'll happen. :smile:

Ah ok, thanks for confirming :smile:. I did apply last year but couldn't take up my place or defer entry so applied again this year.
Reply 33
DJB MASTER
Anyone get their timetable though the post?

I'm a computing student and i've received mine.

Yeah, first weeks timetable right?
Reply 34
How did you all connect to the VPN? I can't seem to do it on Windows 7 :frown: Always get error 619.

Latest

Trending

Trending