The Student Room Group
Unit1: Korean and Vietnam War Unit2:British Foreign Policy 1850-1914!
ryanc92
What topics are you set to do for units 1 and 2?

I've got Russia, Britain and Ireland.

are you on AQA?
Reply 3
Unit 1: USA 1890-1945. Which is going to be like Immigration, First world war, Ku Klux Klan, Pearl Harbor etc etc

Unit 2: The USA and Vietnam (1961-1975)
Reply 4
are you on AQA?

Nope, Edexcel.
I Did History GCSE Early In Year 10, So I'm Starting History AS with AQA In Year 11 :yep:

Were Only Doing One Module And That's Britain In The 60s :biggrin:
Reply 6
Kind of off-topic: Would A level history be hard for someone (me) that didn't do it at GCSE? I'm good at essays and stuff like that and I'm pretty intelligent.
Reply 7
RideBikes
Kind of off-topic: Would A level history be hard for someone (me) that didn't do it at GCSE? I'm good at essays and stuff like that and I'm pretty intelligent.

Not necessarily. So long as you put the work in.
RideBikes

Go for it... i did GCSE history and you haven't missed much to be honest!
Reply 9
I did Russia and the European Reformation.
If you do the European Reformation be prepared to die a little each lesson. Well, if your teacher is as crap as mine!
Reply 10
ryanc92
What topics are you set to do for units 1 and 2?

I've got Russia, Britain and Ireland.

Edexcel Russia is awesome, I loved doing it last year :smile: Hopefully you will really enjoy it! :smile:
RideBikes

No it shouldn't be a problem. The only thing I can think of is maybe the source stuff as most people will have done it at GCSE but once you know what you have to do its not bad. I never did GCSE history and got an A at AS. A total shock but I did it.
I've got exactly the same as you OP and on edexcel too :yes:
ANYONE DOING OCR?????? ....meh
RideBikes

I didn't do History GCSE, or many GCSEs for that matter (three essay based courses, maths and art) - History was my strongest subject gaining 100% in one module.

So no, not really - I didn't even find it particularly hard. Stressy, yeah, because I'd not really experienced the exam before. Otherwise (Y).
alexlemon2
Edexcel Russia is awesome, I loved doing it last year :smile: Hopefully you will really enjoy it! :smile:

Wasn't it just? I loved doing the revolution anyway...it was Stalin that brought down my marks in that module, heh.
Reply 16
RedRevolver
Wasn't it just? I loved doing the revolution anyway...it was Stalin that brought down my marks in that module, heh.

It was so interesting! :smile: I loved all of Russia, the 2 Russian units were by far my strongest out of them all :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending