The Student Room Group

Which subject to drop?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could give me a hand in deciding which subject I should drop for my A2's?

Basically, I got

Media - A
History - A
Psychology - C
English Lang - C

at AS level..

I want to take History at a kind of ABB grade requirement university, so naturally it would make sense to drop one of the C's, but then media is, in my opinion anyway, a very weak subject and one i don't really enjoy.

So should I drop one of the C's or should I drop the subject that I don't enjoy?

I appreciate there are a load of very similar posts to this one but would appreciate any response, cheers guys :smile:
Reply 1
Drop media.
Reply 2
Ditto - Drop Media.
Reply 3
do you think you could get one of the Cs up to an A?
Reply 4
Media as well.
Maybe drop media? And retake the Cs? Are they high Cs?

...I see you like Vampire Weekend (:
I'm sensing a Media clean sweep! yeah the Psychology mark was one off a B so if I got my head down I could probably manage an A there. Cheers for your replies
Reply 7
Hmm tricky one. I'd probably advise that you drop media. Even though its an A, i dont thing its gna make you any more appealing to an admissions tutor. Ur best off doing the more academic subjects. Also, i think if you can get ur teachers to predict you ABB, or at least ABC, then you'd stand a gd chance of getting an ABB offer (if that makes sense)
Reply 8
drop media and do re-takes for your other subjects. history is quite competitive. you'll need a fairly strong background of A Levels in order to secure a place at a good university. + if you don't like media...

Latest