The Student Room Group

Why did you decide to go back to uni?

For me, it was a quick decision made during the recession because I believed that doing a postgraduate course (in my case, a certificate in information management) would give me an edge over other arts graduates.

My first degree was in biology (arts), and I simply couldn't find jobs which lasted for more than two to three months in my field after the recession started! Argh, nightmare. Hopefully this will help and of course I keep hearing about how the recession will improve as of 2010 (which is when I graduate - yay!) x
Reply 1
Was made redundant earlier this year and decided actually that I hated what I did for a living, and that the only thing I wanted to do was to go to uni to study ancient history, so I applied and happily got accepted. :woo:
Reply 2
Well, I never went in the first place. I was inspired by somebody a few years ago and that led to me following through with it all. I applied prior to the recession and it won't be the end of the world if nothing comes of it in that respect, it's an end in itself. Three weeks, woooo. It's going to be such a great year. :sexface:
I never went in the first place but after working in the media and marketing industry for 5 years i decided that office work and making fat cats more money just wasn't what i wanted to do so i had a long hard think and decided that i want to become a teacher so for that i have to go to uni, really looking forward to it though, frehsers week starts next week - whoop whoop!
Reply 4
miracleboy
Was made redundant earlier this year and decided actually that I hated what I did for a living, and that the only thing I wanted to do was to go to uni to study ancient history, so I applied and happily got accepted. :woo:

Oh how interesting! Well done and all the best :smile:
Reply 5
GreenersofBrackers
I never went in the first place but after working in the media and marketing industry for 5 years i decided that office work and making fat cats more money just wasn't what i wanted to do so i had a long hard think and decided that i want to become a teacher so for that i have to go to uni, really looking forward to it though, frehsers week starts next week - whoop whoop!

Goodluck! :biggrin:
danni_bella
Goodluck! :biggrin:

Thanks, think i am going to need it :p:
Reply 7
I never went in the first, ewas sick and tired of earning an administrators wage and someone inspired to better myself, i am 24 with no kids, no financial ties etc so seemed like a great time to do it. ONE DAY i will earn lots of £££££££!!!!! :smile:
Reply 8
stephypants
I never went in the first, ewas sick and tired of earning an administrators wage and someone inspired to better myself, i am 24 with no kids, no financial ties etc so seemed like a great time to do it. ONE DAY i will earn lots of £££££££!!!!! :smile:

You will! I was speaking to a guy much older than you at a party on the weekend, and he told me that he's going back to uni too to study a management course and when he gets out...

2x as much pay then he was getting from his current job as a labourer (plus he'll be in a nice air conditioned office instead of out in the hot South Australian sun... )

Admittedly he's not doing a full degree but he's defo going back to uni and studying again so that he can get an extra qualification. I think you'll do fine :smile: Are you starting this year or next?

Latest

Trending

Trending